Crellin vs Rachubka

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by nelson66 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Anyone remember Paul Rachubka - played for us a few years ago - back in 2015.
7 appearances - and let in a shed full of goals
Worst goalie ever... UNTIL NOW


check out this video -- For my money -- Crellin is worse than this....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XaIewFtTM
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by The_Gun » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:17 pm

You could put together a worse Crellin reel just from yesterday.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm

It’s certainly between the two of them for the goalkeeper spot in my all time worst XI.

For those golden oldie posters - who gets in the worst XI from the pre Rioch era?

Mine (all pretty modern on the basis I only started watching in the early 90s) is:
Crellin
Grounds
Butterfield
CID
Gordon
Twatdick
Luke Murphy
Wildschut
Chris Taylor
Donaldson
Magennis

I think to be included they should have played 5 games or more but that’s my preference!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7624
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19287
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm
Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
Oi! :mrgreen:

Worst Wanderers players I ever saw were loanees: midfielder John Gregory (aye, later the manager) and forward Nigel Jemson.

For the record, I have never seen a Wanderers goalkeeper as bad as Rachubka – ISTR he had a lower save percentage than Bo Hansen, who saved two out of four efforts after replacing the red-carded Jussi one day...

Also for the record, I think and hope Billy Crellin can be a good goalkeeper, but I fervently believe he needs to be taken out of the line of fire.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2266
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:37 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm
It’s certainly between the two of them for the goalkeeper spot in my all time worst XI.

For those golden oldie posters - who gets in the worst XI from the pre Rioch era?

Mine (all pretty modern on the basis I only started watching in the early 90s) is:
Crellin
Grounds
Butterfield
CID
Gordon
Twatdick
Luke Murphy
Wildschut
Chris Taylor
Donaldson
Magennis

I think to be included they should have played 5 games or more but that’s my preference!

Jardel (7 appearances according to wiki).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36471
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm
It’s certainly between the two of them for the goalkeeper spot in my all time worst XI.

For those golden oldie posters - who gets in the worst XI from the pre Rioch era?

Mine (all pretty modern on the basis I only started watching in the early 90s) is:
Crellin
Grounds
Butterfield
CID
Gordon
Twatdick
Luke Murphy
Wildschut
Chris Taylor
Donaldson
Magennis

I think to be included they should have played 5 games or more but that’s my preference!
No Dean Moxey, Dibbs? No Zat '£30K a week' Knight-mare?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36471
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm
Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
I'd be squeezing Paul Comstive into that midfield, Harry. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Oooo Dean Moxey is a good shout. We had 3 seasons of garbage there.

Zat Knight escapes by virtue of making me laugh my tits off in the home end at Elland Rd. Scored the fourth?

Jardel, feels odd to include a player who won the European golden boot (twice). Particularly over the shithouse Maggenis who I have probably included given how much his exit fecked me off last season.

Jardel would Captain the ‘Couldn’t do it in a cold night at the Reebok’ XI.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7624
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm
Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
I'd be squeezing Paul Comstive into that midfield, Harry. ;)
You're right. I'd forgotten about him. I'll swap him for Train
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3564
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by malcd1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:18 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm
Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
I'd be squeezing Paul Comstive into that midfield, Harry. ;)
You're right. I'd forgotten about him. I'll swap him for Train

I remember Comstive mainly for him scoring two goals, both from corners, against Bournemouth. Just checking his Wiki page and found out he died in 2013 aged just 52 :shock: Must have erased that from my memory banks as I can't remember reading anything about him.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7624
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:01 am

^ Aye, I'd forgotten he passed away, bless him.

The 2 goals v Bournemouth and up until Deano outdid him, the worst miss at Wembley.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by The_Gun » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:37 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm
It’s certainly between the two of them for the goalkeeper spot in my all time worst XI.

For those golden oldie posters - who gets in the worst XI from the pre Rioch era?

Mine (all pretty modern on the basis I only started watching in the early 90s) is:
Crellin
Grounds
Butterfield
CID
Gordon
Twatdick
Luke Murphy
Wildschut
Chris Taylor
Donaldson
Magennis

I think to be included they should have played 5 games or more but that’s my preference!

Jardel (7 appearances according to wiki).
When I was 16 I worked in McDonalds at Middlebrook (it was the only place which had jobs going), and served Mario Jardel on numerous occasions. His go to was a Filet-o-Fish meal, for those wondering.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36471
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:17 am

malcd1 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:18 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 pm
Pre Rioch, theres a few contenders for the goalkeeper's shirt, but since he's similar to Crellin (decent shot stopper, hopeless in the air), I'll start with wee Simon.

Farnworth

Whitworth Sutton Lydiate Deakin

Bell Cantello Train Storer

Rudge Moores
I'd be squeezing Paul Comstive into that midfield, Harry. ;)
You're right. I'd forgotten about him. I'll swap him for Train

I remember Comstive mainly for him scoring two goals, both from corners, against Bournemouth. Just checking his Wiki page and found out he died in 2013 aged just 52 :shock: Must have erased that from my memory banks as I can't remember reading anything about him.
I did have second thoughts about mentioning him, Malc; one - because he's no longer with us (but then neither are Ray Deakin or Ian Moores) and two, because I remember those two corners well.

However, I also remember his miss against Tranmere at Wembley, and him just generally being well below the standard required.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36471
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:37 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:42 pm
It’s certainly between the two of them for the goalkeeper spot in my all time worst XI.

For those golden oldie posters - who gets in the worst XI from the pre Rioch era?

Mine (all pretty modern on the basis I only started watching in the early 90s) is:
Crellin
Grounds
Butterfield
CID
Gordon
Twatdick
Luke Murphy
Wildschut
Chris Taylor
Donaldson
Magennis

I think to be included they should have played 5 games or more but that’s my preference!

Jardel (7 appearances according to wiki).
When I was 16 I worked in McDonalds at Middlebrook (it was the only place which had jobs going), and served Mario Jardel on numerous occasions. His go to was a Filet-o-Fish meal, for those wondering.
Singular? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by The_Gun » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Quite a few Bolton players got food there, but Jardel was the only one brazen enough to walk into the actual restaurant rather than going through the drive-thru.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by jimbo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:13 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 pm
Quite a few Bolton players got food there, but Jardel was the only one brazen enough to walk into the actual restaurant rather than going through the drive-thru.
That Makakula chap we had on loan would be up top with Donaldson in my team.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Thought Makukula was better (or not as disappointing perhaps) as Raziak.

Riga would be a fair shout. Remember him ‘warming up’ one half time and he didnt manage more than 5 keepy uppys.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4651
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Who'd taken Aiden Davidson or Kevin Poole right now?

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Crellin vs Rachubka

Post by nelson66 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:08 pm

We have a keeper who isn't fit for non league -- let alone league two ....he isn't even a Wanderer ... we are giving another teams 3rd rate goalie game time at our expense (and points total). There must be some sort of contractual obligation on us to play him.
I hope he's gone soon.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests