Sal-Destroying. Home. Friday 13th. 7:45. On the tele.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sal-Destroying. Home. Friday 13th. 7:45. On the tele.

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:59 pm

There’s only one selection that matters tomorrow. If that clown is between the sticks again we have zero chance of even a point.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 pm

Good news. I've had a bit of an idea.

Whatever the result, after the match, we all go on twitter and declare we won. BIGLY.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 pm
Good news. I've had a bit of an idea.

Whatever the result, after the match, we all go on twitter and declare we won. BIGLY.

:lol: I'm having that. I'll throw in that VAR stole the result.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:27 am

The below quote comes from our esteemed manager:

“Tutte is a very good communicator, sees danger in a defensive role better than the others do. Whereas Tom White will probably receive the ball from the back and build attacks better than Tutte – but that’s not to say he can’t do that."

What the feck? iFollow must have a severely distorting effect on the realities of what's happening on the pitch if this is the case.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 am

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:27 am

“Tutte is a very good communicator, sees danger in a defensive role better than the others do. Whereas Tom White will probably receive the ball from the back and build attacks better than Tutte – but that’s not to say he can’t do that."

What the feck? iFollow must have a severely distorting effect on the realities of what's happening on the pitch if this is the case.
I think we've seen 2 Tom White's this season. The one prior to his injury looked half capable, the one since he returned looks different.

But a couple of other things have changed too in that time, Sarcevic has been playing more like the player we thought we'd signed and Tutte has played very well (whereas for me, White was playing well when I was weighing his performances against Comley and a Sarce not firing).

Feels like White needs a step up from what we were seeing pre-injury.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

Well you lot of doom mongering soft sods forgot one thing.

It's Friday the 13th.

We'll shit em.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 am

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

It's Friday the 13th.

We'll shit em.
We've already decided we've won. Of course we will.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 am
DJBlu wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

It's Friday the 13th.

We'll shit em.
We've already decided we've won. Of course we will.
I wrote this without reading the thread, my bad.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 pm

I wondered if we had rushed White back too soon. Like the keeper, he’s a young lad starting out on a career in league football. He’s going to have ups and downs. Which is why he needs people there to play instead of him. Not a game for White tonight in my opinion.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 pm

The_Gun wrote:

One of the most obvious things about Tutte is that this is precisely what he is crap at.`I suppose all Evatt said if that he's "better than the others" at it, which is a bit like saying forks are better for eating soup with than are knives.

I live in hope that this bunch will raise their levels due to being on Sky. It's sad that the reality here is that this is our cup final. For all the talk of "every team will view Bolton as their cup final" our biggest game this season is likely to be trying to get some kind of result vs Salford on a Friday night, because it's on TV.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:16 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 pm
The_Gun wrote:

One of the most obvious things about Tutte is that this is precisely what he is crap at.`I suppose all Evatt said if that he's "better than the others" at it, which is a bit like saying forks are better for eating soup with than are knives.

I live in hope that this bunch will raise their levels due to being on Sky. It's sad that the reality here is that this is our cup final. For all the talk of "every team will view Bolton as their cup final" our biggest game this season is likely to be trying to get some kind of result vs Salford on a Friday night, because it's on TV.
What a ridiculous comment - how is it our cup final ?, absolutely bollocks comment, are you a Salford fan ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm

I'm surrounded by the feckers. Same lot who in the 80's all "used to be season ticket holders at OT in the 70's"...Apparently all 45,000 of them watch Salford now. Just glad we're in lockdown.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:16 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 pm
The_Gun wrote:

What a ridiculous comment - how is it our cup final ?, absolutely bollocks comment, are you a Salford fan ?
Biggest game of the season though, that's how far we've fallen. Out of all cups first attempt. Playing promotion favourites at home and we're the underdogs. I see why the comment irritated you, and there may be some devilment in it, but we are a tragic mess right now, with no immediate prospect of improvement.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Biggest game of the season though, that's how far we've fallen. Out of all cups first attempt. Playing promotion favourites at home and we're the underdogs. I see why the comment irritated you, and there may be some devilment in it, but we are a tragic mess right now, with no immediate prospect of improvement.
Its the biggest game of the season so far because of how poor we have been I would certainly agree & losing to Salford would be extremely embarrassing & I'm not disputing how tragic & shite we are - but seriously our cup final ? as I said an absolutely ridiculous comment.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:46 pm

We just need one of our forwards to head one in, taking their keeper with it. ;-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:47 pm

GILKS IS IN

So's Sarce, Doyle, Tutte and Jones

Four changes
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Wow!

Imagine a clean sheet tonight. Absolute scenes! lol

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Jones back too! Big bonus if that lad is properly fit.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 pm

I think he'll play Gethin on the left

Gilks; Baptiste, Santos, Delaney; Kioso, Sarcevic, Tutte, Crawford, Jones; Delf, Doyle

Not a bad XI

Somewhat annoyed now that I'm going to miss it cos it's on binlid TV

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Lol, we now have a sub keeper too! That might be about the strongest we can manage at the moment and we've retained Crawford so everyone can bitch. Perfect.