Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Oh dear oh dear
Evatts got this badly wrong at half time

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4607
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:09 pm
Looks like a tatering is on the cards.
Yup

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7595
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm

That must have been worse than one of Parkys half time team talks!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm

This is a disgraceful performance. Did Bolton have their christmas party last night thinking we were gonna piss this match?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27035
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:15 pm

It was obvious we needed three changes at half time. And a change of system. Evatt isn’t very good.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19203
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm
I may have to switch this off.
Nah. Each to their own but I've never walked out of a game, not even when getting beat 6-0 at home by our most hated rivals.

What I might have to do is switch this site off, 'cos it's curious how many people revel in defeat.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Evatts stubborn. Been done here big time. He’ll learn.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24478
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Miles out of his depth, the kid.
Yes, but a long way from the only problem

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:17 pm

4 subs!

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4607
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm

4 subs

Can't be arsed finding out who

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36437
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm

4 subs. We're still in it :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27035
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm
I may have to switch this off.
Nah. Each to their own but I've never walked out of a game, not even when getting beat 6-0 at home by our most hated rivals.

What I might have to do is switch this site off, 'cos it's curious how many people revel in defeat.
Nobody revels in this. Pointing out the reality of how awful we’ve been may upset your sensibilities but it doesn’t change the reality....people said we were the better side at half time. And frankly I had to double take that. We’ve been battered by a clearly well drilled side possessing many of the qualities we lack.

But even then it’s been entirely unacceptable.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20641
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm
Miles out of his depth, the kid.
Yes, but a long way from the only problem
Oh totally. That one's on the manager. I think there's a player in him but got bullied in a really important area. Hope it doesn't knock him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19203
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:21 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:16 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 pm
I may have to switch this off.
Nah. Each to their own but I've never walked out of a game, not even when getting beat 6-0 at home by our most hated rivals.

What I might have to do is switch this site off, 'cos it's curious how many people revel in defeat.
Nobody revels in this.
Bollocks. You're practically rubbing yourself raw.

Bad enough coping with what's happening on the other screen. See you all in a bit.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm

Definitely a first watching four subs coming out. Flat back four would've been beneficial here to counter the threat against Kioso. Vale are pushing high and wide and we're doing the same with our wingbacks leaving a massive gap.

Last thing we want is another drubbing in the same manner as the Accrington result.

Vale were always going to get excited putting one in early on. We just needed to cripple any hope they had, not give them it in abundance.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 pm

Well.. I think there’s more goals in it...not for us though! 😳

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Yep! Totally lost their heads

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7595
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:26 pm

On a positive note - we knew our recent run wasn't suggesting we'd solved all our deficiencies. If anything, this should at least temper some folks expectations. Before the game all 3 pundits on iFollow had us winning easily.

Any bigger clubs sniffing around Santos will have fecked off.

6. Oh bugger
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20641
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Embarrassing. School boy. 2v1 on a fecking corner. Christ.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Vale of tiers: Port Vale (H), Division Four, Sat 6 Dec @ 3pm

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:27 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 pm
Definitely a first watching four subs coming out. Flat back four would've been beneficial here to counter the threat against Kioso. Vale are pushing high and wide and we're doing the same with our wingbacks leaving a massive gap.

Last thing we want is another drubbing in the same manner as the Accrington result.

Vale were always going to get excited putting one in early on. We just needed to cripple any hope they had, not give them it in abundance.
So much for not having another Accrington style mess up. At least with Accrington we had an excuse of being down to 10 men and youth team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 25 guests