Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 pm

We obviously missed Kioso. The Evatt system doesnt work without him. and a natural left Wing Back who can run wide behind and cross with their left foot. Was surprised Hickman wasn't in the squad. Jones cant do what he does. Broky was very poor. Insane is right here. Play a system based on the players available. We seem to be a one trick pony at the moment.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Can we squirrel 3 points from the Wirral mob? (H) Sat. 2020-12-19 15:00 BWFC v Tranmere Rovers

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:38 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm
Embarrassing again. Time for Evatt to go. Seriously. This is shameful.
Jog on. Constantly berating every manager to play the way you expect it.

You're a fun sponge.
Yeah it’s my fault. We are getting thumped at home by Port Vale and Tranmere. The issues are so clear and obvious. The manager is choosing not to fix them. And we are having to watch Bolton Wanderers get thumped by these sides as a result.

It’s pitiful. Embarrassing. And a complete and utter unmitigated failure.
The issues are clear and obvious? And what's there to fix it?

Come on Kier Starmer, offer some ideas.
You mean Keir Starmer who offers up what needs to happen is told he’s wrong by folk like you then is proven right?
Is that what you live for? To be proven right, I can ask you a question every week if that'll give you a fix. Keir Starmer offers little but to criticise what is being done without offering practical ideas.

We've beaten teams this season when it's worked and even in them games they aren't doing enough. Today you've offered to go 4-4-2, keep it tight, use the width with Isgrove out there. How do you do all them three with 4-4-2?

We get rid of this manager, then what? You get more fresh meat to beat with a stick.

I really think that we're done as a team as the club is trying to move on but the fans won't let them.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:15 pm
I really think that we're done as a team as the club is trying to move on but the fans won't let them.
What do you mean by this DJ ?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Mmmm the tide is turning on Evatt. He’s lucky fans weren’t in today - suspect there would be a few calling for his head. He needs to enact his January plans pretty quickly I think. Wants some players to enable us to play a different system, that second goal today just about summed it up. Bloke ran at Jones, who went with the runner, Thomason nowhere in sight and centre backs flat footed. Oh and the soft shot caught Gilkes out as well!

I think there’s arguments to drop / replace most of that XI. He’s certainly got the boards backing to sort it but can he? Do we have players identified, if so who has identified them? We can’t be gambling on lads two divisions outside of the football league again.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:38 pm

We've possibly been 'sold a pup' Dibs ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:40 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mighta gone to the opposite end of the hyperbole scale there. The notion that there's only one way the Club moves on by playing a particular formation, is as flawed as thinking it's going to occur overnight.

I'd be pretty surprised had the Club set us a target of "staying up" when they paid hard earned for Evatt and prised Doyle into a Bolton shirt, got Delf, Sarce and resigned Crawford.

Irrespective of formations, there are too many occasions where we're just not competing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:41 pm

Let's try kick and rush. It worked okay when I played for St Josephs. I was ten at the time. Two full backs, three half-backs and five forwards, wallop everything forward and all chase after the ball. What's to lose?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:38 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm
Embarrassing again. Time for Evatt to go. Seriously. This is shameful.
Jog on. Constantly berating every manager to play the way you expect it.

You're a fun sponge.
Yeah it’s my fault. We are getting thumped at home by Port Vale and Tranmere. The issues are so clear and obvious. The manager is choosing not to fix them. And we are having to watch Bolton Wanderers get thumped by these sides as a result.

It’s pitiful. Embarrassing. And a complete and utter unmitigated failure.
The issues are clear and obvious? And what's there to fix it?

Come on Kier Starmer, offer some ideas.
You mean Keir Starmer who offers up what needs to happen is told he’s wrong by folk like you then is proven right?
Is that what you live for? To be proven right, I can ask you a question every week if that'll give you a fix. Keir Starmer offers little but to criticise what is being done without offering practical ideas.

We've beaten teams this season when it's worked and even in them games they aren't doing enough. Today you've offered to go 4-4-2, keep it tight, use the width with Isgrove out there. How do you do all them three with 4-4-2?

We get rid of this manager, then what? You get more fresh meat to beat with a stick.

We are playing 3-5-2. If your wingbacks offer no threat then you are limited to playing through midfield which we’ve demonstrated we aren’t up to or your midfield players straying out wide which is Evatts preference. It leaves you wide open in midfield.

The system simply doesn’t work. The players can’t play it. Or if they can certainly aren’t motivated to do so.

Evatt seems to want to just watch us get thumped rather than change things. We are a league two side up against other league two sides. We have some attacking players who’d get into most sides at this level. It’s not rocket science. Pick a tighter system less reliant on midfield covering huge yards or being able to play in tight areas constantly. Find a way of supplying your strikers. You will win games. Is it a magic formula - no. But this can’t continue. I can’t see any argument for continuing with this. We are being humiliated by poor sides. Not sides spending millions more. We aren’t competing in these games. At all. It’s the worst we’ve ever seen. By a mile. In the fourth tier. From a manager who’s done nowt in his career to give us any sense he knows what he’s doing.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

For feck's sake. Get the News Channel on. 😂😂😂
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:38 pm
We've possibly been 'sold a pup' Dibs ?
Maybe. There’s certainly not a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I’d like us to stick with him but we can’t keep conceding 3+ goals a game.

I think he needs to change the system for the next couple of games - and if he is wedded to 3-5-2 (or 3-4-3) he needs to sign some wing backs pronto. As well as a forward so Delf can have a break.

Arghh I said I wasn’t going to do this! I checked on twitter and was surprised - I’d say 90% of comments are Evatt out type comments. He’s took a big hit today.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:08 pm

I don't think that there was any yellow cards again today - we lose 3-0 against so called rivals at home and the 'spineless' players don't give a fcuk & as usual just stroll around the pitch, roll over get their bellies tickled and accept defeat.

We need 2 or 3 harder, get stuck in, competitive players in January - the type of players who hate losing & who will run through a brick wall - the current set of players wouldn't run through a sponge wall at rumble tumbles. BWFC girls teams would kick this current lot off the pitch.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Not ready to throw out Evatt just yet. He is learning his craft. His language has changed a bit and becoming more realistic than depending on the universe speaking it into being. Lets see who he is able to get in January as some of the players we have are not up to it. We need players with more guts.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:23 pm

^^ I'm with your sentiment Bertie, but just a standard level of tackling would be a huge improvement. The entire front 7, all too often happy to press but allow the pass, track players across the park, but allow the pass so the first line of defence to compete for actually getting the ball is too often the 3 CDs.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Evatts said we looked tired - why did he only make one substitution then!

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:35 pm
I'm expecting defeat today. Every time I think we may have turned a corner, we usually shoot ourselves in the foot by the next game.
...same shit different day. How many false dawns do we have to endure this season?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:39 pm
Evatts said we looked tired - why did he only make one substitution then!
He's seriously deluded & out of his depth - I have really liked his honesty & openness in previous post match interviews but his post Tranmere one is shocking - as Dibs said Evatt is blaming fatigue, energy levels after Cheltenham, score line not reflective, Brockbank didn't do himself any harm, we wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays

But he did fcuk all to change anything - he's winging it, we have definitely been sold a 'one trick' pup, he should be a salesman not a football manager - he's just so full of shit, and that's from someone who has really backed & supported him.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Exactly. Not one single alternative/better suggestion. Anyone can call anyone a c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Exactly. Not one single alternative/better suggestion. Anyone can call anyone a c*nt.
Starmer is a joke, he never offers up anything at all never any alternative suggestion or policies he just disagree's with everything just for the sake of it - he will have some seriously big splinters in his arse from sitting on the fence all the time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:44 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

In Autumn he called and called for a lockdown early, before the cases spiked again. Was called all manner of nonsense from king c*nt Boris. Told a lockdown must be avoided at all costs and a lockdown would be a failure. 3 weeks later, 3 weeks too late...boom lockdown. And the lockdown happened once again when case numbers were too high to be easily managed. Then we come out of lockdown into the tier system that as once again Starmer correctly points out hasn’t controlled the virus and without a functional track and trace system can’t do so. Yet again he was spot on. Finally on Wednesday he pointed out that Christmas rules made no sense with the red warning on bed levels hitting a few days before. Again called all names under sun. 3 days later....

He’s speaking to the same public health folk I am. He’s no bloody soothsayer. The same data is available to him and the government. The same advice. I’ve seen the data that shows lockdowns only work when they are hard, long and enacted very early. The aim is to drive down incidence levels to far far lower levels than we ever have. This is not magic stuff. It’s quite basic. Stuff that was in planning for decades in event of a pandemic such as this.

All Keir has done is read the evidence and advice and ask why it wasn’t being acted on. All the government have done is lie for self preservation and the ability to hand out contracts to their mates.

Keir is not saying here that changing rules is wrong, he’s saying that a) it was avoidable but b) when it was clear for weeks that it was needed it should have been announced far sooner and people shouldn’t have been given false hope when even on Wednesday they were lied to by a government who already knew the fecking score...

The data changed in the last 24 hours....my arse.