Frank Worthington

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Frank Worthington

Post by Riviman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ction.html

So sad to read this. I saw him in Manchester a couple of years ago and had a brief chat with him, it was obvious then that he had problems.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Frank Worthington

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 am

Riviman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am

So sad to read this. I saw him in Manchester a couple of years ago and had a brief chat with him, it was obvious then that he had problems.
Sad to hear about the great man.

The problem with all this is we only hear of cause and effect in relation to professional sports. If you add in how many times this is occurring in people who played for Red Lion FC and St Cakes first XV etc. the numbers are likely to be staggering. We were learning to scrummage at the age of 8.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 am
Riviman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:06 am

Sad to hear about the great man.

The problem with all this is we only hear of cause and effect in relation to professional sports. If you add in how many times this is occurring in people who played for Red Lion FC and St Cakes first XV etc. the numbers are likely to be staggering. We were learning to scrummage at the age of 8.
Exactly - and we were heading full sized balls with the tops of our heads at a similar age.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Met him twice and I am so sad to read this, Frank will always be my all time football hero, they definitely destroyed the mould after his birth. Good luck Fonzie.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with him. Met him at a gents evening a few years back and got an autograph that I still have somewhere. Good luck Frank.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?