23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38681
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:47 pm

It's all about friendly sport...isn't it? ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 am

Lose 3-1

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9866
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:48 am

We are better away.
They are not all that.
Lee is a miss in the midfield - Tutte/Sarce/Thomo is reasonable enough.
I’m gonna go with another draw I think. All three results seem equally possible to me.
I’m not sure I’m tuning in mind...

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by The_Gun » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:45 pm

It’s a shame Lee is out as he looks a very good player and we were noticeably worse when he went off last week.

In his absence I’d go for:

Gilks

Jones Santos Delaney Jackson

Tutte

Sarcevic Thomason

Isgrove Gernooarrr

Doyle

Who knows which of our various incarnations will actually show up, but when Friday rolls round I tend to start getting optimistic again, so I’ll go 2-1 win.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9866
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 pm

I think Arthur pint will be on the bench again...we’ll see. I’m not quite convinced he is a starter either but he’s certainly shown more than anyone else recently.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by The_Gun » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:15 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 pm
I think Arthur pint will be on the bench again...we’ll see. I’m not quite convinced he is a starter either but he’s certainly shown more than anyone else recently.
Aye, I'd stick him in because of his good performances of late, but I agree he may be more of an 'impact sub' at this point. I would have no issue with Delfouneso starting on the left instead, and I assume the lad from Lincoln must be better than he showed last week.

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:18 pm

I wonder what excuses Evatt will come up with if we lose & the team isn't leaked on Saturday morning.

Evatt says the club has a problem with being too nostalgic and living in the past, so therefore we should just put up & and shut up and just accept how shit we now are, how shit he is and accept that we have the worst team & lowest league position in the clubs history.

Diversion tactics to me, deflecting how poor his team currently are.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9866
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:37 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:15 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 pm
I think Arthur pint will be on the bench again...we’ll see. I’m not quite convinced he is a starter either but he’s certainly shown more than anyone else recently.
Aye, I'd stick him in because of his good performances of late, but I agree he may be more of an 'impact sub' at this point. I would have no issue with Delfouneso starting on the left instead, and I assume the lad from Lincoln must be better than he showed last week.
I suspect lad from Lincoln will get the nod.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38681
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:54 pm

As ever I'm saying a win is on the cards. Because it's Tranmere, 4-1 to us.Long throws aren't anything new, remember Challinor/? COME ON YOU WHITES ! :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by The_Gun » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:18 pm
I wonder what excuses Evatt will come up with if we lose & the team isn't leaked on Saturday morning.

Evatt says the club has a problem with being too nostalgic and living in the past, so therefore we should just put up & and shut up and just accept how shit we now are, how shit he is and accept that we have the worst team & lowest league position in the clubs history.

Diversion tactics to me, deflecting how poor his team currently are.
I dare say your arse is covered in splinters from sitting on the fence, eh Bertie?

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Tommy, believe it or not I quite like the guy & really want him to succeed - unfortunately however over the past couple of months he's coming across (at least to me) as a guy just making it up week to week, winging it like a glorified salesman, telling us what we want to hear in the summer to get the fans on side, then when said promises don't transpire just blame everything on others and continually back track saying that I never said we'd do that, do this etc. its your fault as you obviously mis understood what I said, if you read the fine print I never actually said that we would be any good, you effing fans you think that you have a divine right to beat the likes of Crawley, Cheltenham, Forest Green, Newport, Barrow, get over it your no good & haven't been for years so don't expect me to all of a sudden start winning football matches just because I have some of the best players in the league.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8693
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:16 pm

I really don't think that Lincoln lad should be starting. He did nothing last week and shouldn't have started then either. Integrate him, let him show something from the bench and earn a start. Arthur and Darcy should be ahead of him for a start. It's ridiculous.
...

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19233
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:11 pm

Evatt as much as said this week Arthur isn’t a starter just yet. Delf is an option. I think Elbo will be fine, he’d only trained once with the rest last week. Worth a do anyway. We’ve been complaining a while that we didn’t have any options - now we do - let’s hope they work.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9866
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Aye lads 22 and he’s on loan cos he can’t get in a side in the league above us. I’m holding out high hopes for him. It’s a long way back, hopefully there’s a journey to enjoy soon.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7608
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:28 pm

A narrow defeat or a draw.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8693
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:08 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:11 pm
Evatt as much as said this week Arthur isn’t a starter just yet. Delf is an option. I think Elbo will be fine, he’d only trained once with the rest last week. Worth a do anyway. We’ve been complaining a while that we didn’t have any options - now we do - let’s hope they work.
I understand the Arthur as impact sub argument, but like you say, the lad had only trained once. Nothing against him at all, look forward to seeing how he develops. I just don't understand Evatt.
...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38681
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:28 pm
A narrow defeat or a draw.
Neither acceptable. Win, win... :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19233
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:01 pm

TEAM NEWS

Crawford and Tutte in for Lee and Tomo
CODE: SELECT ALL

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4630
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm

First in a while but we're going to shit them. Approximately by 2 goals or more.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19233
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: 23rd Jan. 3-0'clock Tranmere away; nuff said

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Crawford's first start since Walsall (Dec 12) – he's been out of the starting XI for six games, having started the previous 17 (excl EFL Trophy). Maybe Evatt figures he plays better when Hill's on the touchline...

Comley back on the bench in the absence of Lee from the XI. Crellin reappears at the expense of Mascoll.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests