An age to start a match thread? Stevenage, home, Saturday 13/2/21 @ 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: An age to start a match thread? Stevenage, home, Saturday 13/2/21 @ 3pm

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:59 pm

Tutte isn't mobile enough to be dragged across a pitch 10v11. I'd rather us have an outball and make sure they leave 2-3 players back with something to think about that have every player camped on his own 12 yard line for the last 15 minutes
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Williams red card overturned.

Bordering on requiring an investigation. Clearly something fishy about the officiating.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm
Williams red card overturned.

Bordering on requiring an investigation. Clearly something fishy about the officiating.
Nah. It's not a conspiracy, just a couple of wrong calls. I can see why he gave that red the other night on one glance - it looked bad because MJ landed on the lad – and Maddison's too looked a big lungey. Against Tranmere Delaney also had his elbow up so if the ref wasn't watching their lad back into him it might have looked saucy.

What worries me more is some of the decisions we're not getting for acts perpetrated about our personages - I still have no rational explanation why Manny Monthe didn't walk for Tranmere, and there's at least three times a game when Doyle ends up wearing a defenders as a scarf and the ref waves play on. I get the feeling Dapo might get a few kicks too if he plays with the speed of leg and mind he seems to have displayed thus far. And when that happens we need A Strong Appeal - not 10 players round the ref whingeing for everything, but there are certainly times when we should ask the damn question. Looks like every other c**t does in this league, and the ref's often daft enough to listen.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:08 pm

We’ve only had one penalty as well - the players we have now who can hit the box I’d be looking at winning more of those. Seem to have had a few against as per. It does feel like there is something up - refs siding with the underdog perhaps?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:08 pm
We’ve only had one penalty as well - the players we have now who can hit the box I’d be looking at winning more of those. Seem to have had a few against as per. It does feel like there is something up - refs siding with the underdog perhaps?
Possibly, but when we first got relegated from the prem we had loads of penalties.

Sensible refereeing tonight on the part of Mansfield. Accidental slap in the face and no red card.

This pitch is awful.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Should be in the match thread, (not started yet) but Nile Ranger is back playing for Southend.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?