Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Time to focus and concentrate. Oldham have won two and lost two out of five, we've won five in a row. Means not a thing in this league where anything can happen. We need to be on our guard and Harry Kewell won't want to lose at home. We're a big scalp, so ....COME ON YOU WHITES..... :oyea: :oyea:

Go for it....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Big game. Huge. Probably take a point but 3 would be lovely. I've been to Oldham many times and don't think I've ever seen us win there more than once.....not a ground with lots of good memories. Sort of wish I could go tomorrow though, one of my favourite aways.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Minefields and banana skins.V Oldham Athletic away Tues 2nd March 7'O clock.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:44 pm

:lol: are you a character act :D ?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:44 pm
On that basis, "Can anyone tell me how to get to Oldham"...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Next three games 7 points would be lovely. Six would also be decent but I am nervous that we’ll lose one and not win again for a bit.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Tough game and we're playing to really fine margins so could easily go either way. 1-1 draw.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:34 pm
Tough game and we're playing to really fine margins so could easily go either way. 1-1 draw.
Yes, it's all simply down to us assuming that the rest of the contenders will keep winning, and there's no guarantee that will happen. I 've never been a big fan of stat predictions; too many factors can determine things: injuries, loss of form, weather, poor officials (mot many Pierre Luigi Collinas about these days) and sheer bad luck. We've just got to realise purple patches can't be ordered like pizza takeaways, you just keep fighting till the whistle blows and fortunately, with the side we have we seem able to do that and stay strong right through. In short, it's in our own hands and we're in with a better shout than for a fair while, so...COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea:

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:38 pm

Away win.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
It’s always a cracking atmosphere and good day out even if results not always been great.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 pm
Prufrock wrote:
It’s always a cracking atmosphere and good day out even if results not always been great.
I remember when we got beat 3-1 there in the rioch days. Sean McCarthy. Was bloody freezing.
Same again tomorrow. It's all over and it's Henshaw's fault.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:46 pm
Prufrock wrote:
:D it just seemed very on brand. "We never win there, been some awful times. It's probably my favourite away day"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:42 pm
Sort of wish I could go tomorrow though, one of my favourite aways.
Have you gone mad? They could store the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in their away end, it's that fecking cold.

Nah, this is one I'm more than happy to watch at home, coffee in hand. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:32 pm

More seriously though, love a win but a draw and staying unbeaten would be quite acceptable. Then beat Bradford.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am

Interesting to note that Evatt mentioned (2:25) a reserve team friendly (or U23s as he called them) tomorrow against Blackburn- I assume it’s their U23s

He specifically names Brockbank as one who will get some minutes in that game, so not displacing Jones at RB just yet.

Will be interesting to see who else plays in that game if that info is disclosed.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:13 am

And "young Adam Senior" :D

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 am

It should be a more open game than Saturday, but hard to say whether that's a good or bad thing. I'll plump for 'good' given the relative solidity of our defence these days and the attacking talent we're able to call upon.

Gilks

Jones Santos Baptiste John

Lee Williams

Sarce

Dapo Doyle Maddison

1-3 Bolton

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:23 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:52 am
It should be a more open game than Saturday, but hard to say whether that's a good or bad thing. I'll plump for 'good' given the relative solidity of our defence these days and the attacking talent we're able to call upon.

Gilks

Lee Williams

Sarce

Dapo Doyle Maddison

1-3 Bolton
Wouldn't be agin that line-up - I might be tempted to go with Thomason instead of Sarce, but don't think Evatt would make that call. They're pretty attacking, in the top couple of goalscoring teams only Exeter scored more, so keeping them occupied down their end of the pitch will help and they have a very leaky defence conceding more than anyone else in the Division. I would be wondering if Maddison was too ill to make the bench on Saturday, whether he'd be in line for a start maybe play Thomason and push Sarce to where you have Maddison. Feels to me like we need someone in front of MJ and Lee who can distribute better and switch. Could see them scoring one maybe two as they did at ours, so we'll need at least two and maybe three, to beat them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:56 am

The_Gun wrote:

Gilks

Lee Williams

Sarce

Dapo Doyle Maddison

1-3 Bolton
There's really nothing to compare previous encounters/seasons with; different players all round even for Oldham, so comparison is a bit fruitless, and we're eight places and nine points to the better anyway, which must be an indication of some sort, so let's be positive and get at em... They leak a few goals, so we just need a tight defence and some patience and.....3-0 to us. Believe it.... ae:)

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:23 am
The_Gun wrote:

Gilks

Lee Williams

Sarce

Dapo Doyle Maddison

1-3 Bolton
Wouldn't be agin that line-up - I might be tempted to go with Thomason instead of Sarce, but don't think Evatt would make that call. They're pretty attacking, in the top couple of goalscoring teams only Exeter scored more, so keeping them occupied down their end of the pitch will help and they have a very leaky defence conceding more than anyone else in the Division. I would be wondering if Maddison was too ill to make the bench on Saturday, whether he'd be in line for a start maybe play Thomason and push Sarce to where you have Maddison. Feels to me like we need someone in front of MJ and Lee who can distribute better and switch. Could see them scoring one maybe two as they did at ours, so we'll need at least two and maybe three, to beat them.
Thomason I would have personally brought on for Williams on Saturday, as that was more the type of game we could have afforded to sacrifice some defensive solidity. With Oldham likely to come onto us I think the Lee and Williams combination offers more defensive protection and is most likely what Evatt will opt for (if both are fit).

Dapo definitely looked much more effective on the right against Barrow and I'd like to see him tried there from the off tonight. Maddison wasn't brought in to sit on the bench, so if he's fit I think should be given another chance to show what he can do as a starter. I quite like Isgrove and think he's a solid League Two player, but he didn't have his best game on Saturday and think will be rotated out this evening. I'd also be happy to see Arthur start, but IE doesn't seem to view him as a 90 minute player.

Edit: I would also not be averse to giving either Miller or Fonz a go as the starting striker, but think it's extremely unlikely to happen.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:31 am

I firmly predict that this will be the most boring match of the season, a 0-0 draw in sub zero conditions on an appalling pitch. To be honest, I'd be absolutely delighted with a point and a clean sheet.

I'd be tempted to rest Doyle and start with Miller. The team news will be interesting solely to see if Madison really was poorly, or if he decided to stay by his mobile as the big Fendi clearance sale had started.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.