Will it be Balsall from Walsall? Sat 20/3/22 (h) 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Will it be Balsall from Walsall? Sat 20/3/22 (h) 15:00

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Keep the good run going. As said on different thread, they've actually only lost one more than us, beat us at their gaff and don't lose many by more than an odd goal.

That said, they're on a poor run recently.

Sarce we know is out for "several weeks", which sounds like more than one or two. His replacements thus far don't look half as likely to bag us a goal, be interesting to see if Maddison at least makes the bench.

1-0 us.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Balsall from Walsall? Sat 20/3/22 (h) 15:00

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Hoping Arthur gets the nod to start. Due a fair shot now.

Gudnisson Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gudnisson Trotter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm
Hoping Arthur gets the nod to start. Due a fair shot now.
I agree but he will likely go with Isgrove and Delf in the Sarcevic role.
Plenty of good options on the bench though with Arthur, Miller and now Elbouzedi.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:19 pm

I think you're right. Isgrove on the right and Delf central is how we'll start.

Evatt spoke very positively about Elbo's attitude on the training pitch this week, but I found it difficult not to read his comments as a warning shot to those who aren't pulling their weight and I have to wonder if Maddison might've been one of those he was talking to. If it's Elbo or Maddison, I'd currently have little hesitation in picking Elbo.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:31 pm

I think the lack of a midweek fixture came at just the right time as well. I hope we see a benefit.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:00 am

I’d rather Jensen on the bench than Madison. He’s got nowt special about him and his lack of off the ball effort isn’t helpful in the narrow leads we find ourselves holding onto. Suspect Evatt disagrees, which is fine, but I hope it doesn’t cost us at some point!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:24 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:00 am
I’d rather Jensen on the bench than Madison. He’s got nowt special about him and his lack of off the ball effort isn’t helpful in the narrow leads we find ourselves holding onto. Suspect Evatt disagrees, which is fine, but I hope it doesn’t cost us at some point!!
For me Maddison coming good is potentially the difference between promotion and not. He's clearly a very good player who has lost his way. Whether its confidence, attitude or whatever - he's much better than he's shown here. Whether he can recapture that form I don't know. But he's the sort of player on his day would almost single headedly win you a crucial match and for me that could be absolutely critical. Not that I disagree he's been poor so far - he has. But in my view he needs a bit of Allardyce style careful management to get him performing to his best as soon as is possible. Because we know at his best he's a level above this league and should for example we get to a final at Wembley if MM is on form - its a big big plus.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:33 am

Madison missed a real opportunity with the Cambridge game. Comes on when we're 2 up and in control. It was the perfect platform to showcase his skills and help get us a 3rd. Instead, we concede and then wish we had anyone on other than him, who will track back, keep their discipline. We'd have to be 3 up now or 2 up with only 10 left, before I'd risk bringing him on. Shame really but I dont think our system suits a player like him.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:35 am

Anyways, onto tomorrow's game. Sarc is a big loss. Got to hope Delf steps up. Another tight game. 1-0 or 1-1
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:24 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:00 am
For me Maddison coming good is potentially the difference between promotion and not. He's clearly a very good player who has lost his way. Whether its confidence, attitude or whatever - he's much better than he's shown here. Whether he can recapture that form I don't know. But he's the sort of player on his day would almost single headedly win you a crucial match and for me that could be absolutely critical. Not that I disagree he's been poor so far - he has. But in my view he needs a bit of Allardyce style careful management to get him performing to his best as soon as is possible. Because we know at his best he's a level above this league and should for example we get to a final at Wembley if MM is on form - its a big big plus.
Sure he could potentially make a difference. And I hope he does. What he's shown so far, I'm banking without him, if we're reliant on him coming back to what he's capable of, we might be in bother.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:33 am
Madison missed a real opportunity with the Cambridge game. Comes on when we're 2 up and in control. It was the perfect platform to showcase his skills and help get us a 3rd. Instead, we concede and then wish we had anyone on other than him, who will track back, keep their discipline. We'd have to be 3 up now or 2 up with only 10 left, before I'd risk bringing him on. Shame really but I dont think our system suits a player like him.
Yep I gave up at Cambridge. I think Evatt will persist and I’ll back him all the way on it, but I’m not hopeful. Reminds me a bit of James Henry who we signed in league one...and what do I remember him doing in a Bolton shirt? Last minute winner v Scunthorpe.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 am

I think our recent run of form proves we don’t need Maddison in the team to go up. If he comes good then great, that’s a bonus, but we’ve got more than enough without him.

Personally I can’t see him finding favour with Evatt unless he massively ups his workrate off the ball. Maybe Maddison is the most talented player in the league, but Evatt has shown he has little time for anyone who is less than 100% committed to pressing the opposition when out of possession, so I don’t think we’ll see much more of him in a Bolton shirt.

As for Walsall, it’d be pretty disappointing if we didn’t win. No Sarce is a minor blow, but I think Isgrove is a decent replacement and we should still have too much for them going forward.

2-0 Bolton.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:52 am

I think I have Sarce at being a bit more than a minor blow, but not insurmountable...we lose someone who's scored 6 (is that our second highest scorer?) and bagged 3 assists and replace with someone with 1 goal and 2 assists. I think Isgrove is pretty genuine and full of running. Sarce goals bagged us draws at Cambridge, Mansfield and Barrow and effectively bagged the winner against Cambridge. I'm pretty disappointed to lose Sarce at this juncture.

Gudnisson Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gudnisson Trotter » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:52 am
I think I have Sarce at being a bit more than a minor blow, but not insurmountable...we lose someone who's scored 6 (is that our second highest scorer?) and bagged 3 assists and replace with someone with 1 goal and 2 assists. I think Isgrove is pretty genuine and full of running. Sarce goals bagged us draws at Cambridge, Mansfield and Barrow and effectively bagged the winner against Cambridge. I'm pretty disappointed to lose Sarce at this juncture.
Agree, Sarce is definitely a big loss but hopefully we can overcome it.
The loss of Williams or Santos on the other hand would be disastrous.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:01 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 am
I think our recent run of form proves we don’t need Maddison in the team to go up. If he comes good then great, that’s a bonus, but we’ve got more than enough without him.

Personally I can’t see him finding favour with Evatt unless he massively ups his workrate off the ball. Maybe Maddison is the most talented player in the league, but Evatt has shown he has little time for anyone who is less than 100% committed to pressing the opposition when out of possession, so I don’t think we’ll see much more of him in a Bolton shirt.

As for Walsall, it’d be pretty disappointing if we didn’t win. No Sarce is a minor blow, but I think Isgrove is a decent replacement and we should still have too much for them going forward.

2-0 Bolton.
Sarce is in a different league to Isgrove.

We can cope without him because there are options in the forward/AM positions but Sarce for me is big loss. Not as crucial as say Santos or MJ who are more critical as we've no way of plugging their gaps. But still.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:07 pm

I really would be looking to start 5 assists / 3 goals Arthur. Bet he’s had considerably less game time than Isgrove as well.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:11 pm

Walsall have won only once in their last 15 games and that was two months ago. They played Crawley during the week, conceding in stoppage time to draw 1-1. I'd be disappointed with anything less than a win. They tend to lose by the odd goal, so 2-1 to us.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:26 pm

In this league, it has been proven that form means nothing. Every game is a potential banana skin, I just hope the players stay very focused and take every game very serious. I too hope that Maddison gets rid of the ring rust because we need someone who will has the ability to pull something out of nothing, win a tight game for us in the run in.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:52 am
I think Delf is second but yeah he's a big loss. I'd be starting the King. Isgrove is gash anyway, but a home game against a team who have won once in a third of a season is not the time for "works hard but no end product" in the front three.

Comfortable home win. The time it all clicks, 4-0.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Miller could do a job in there as well.... options options!