Meat Dodgers v Fee Doidgers - FGR away, Sat 27/3 live on the tele @ 12pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Meat Dodgers v Fee Doidgers - FGR away, Sat 27/3 live on the tele @ 12pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:24 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:21 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:24 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:51 pm
I've commenced drinking. Clockwork Tangerine.
Sounds like ponce juice for Beardy types. (TM AT)
Nasty beard stuff, you aren't wrong LE. Not as bad as Goose Island though. Worst beer I had the misfortune to drink (luckily a supplier freebie) in decades was Wooha. The only worse beer than that was what amounted to a half of puke at a beardy CAMRA event nearly 3 decades ago. My stomach still turns at the thought of it :vomit:
I had Goose Island once in an American restaurant which only offered about four beer options. Goose Island (IPA as I recall) sounded the least unpleasant so I took the plunge. The kindest thing I can say is that it was disappointing. Never tried Wooha (assuming it is obtainable over here) and won't now.
Tis an IPA. There are much better ones available from your side of the pond. Quite enjoy Shipyard for an occasional quaff.
Good call - but a bit of a marmite beer...
Not usually a lover of IPAs - there's a bloody awful one which they serve in my local called Copper Dragon.
Anyway, yesterday evening I had a couple of pre-prandial bottles of Proper Job from St Austell Brewery. Absolutely bloody lovely - really nice. Also, I see that Morrison's are doing 4 bottles for £6 at the moment. They're also selling a real favourite of mine, Hobgoblin Ruby for £1.25 a bottle. I'll be reversing the car up to their door shortly :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 pm
Not usually a lover of IPAs - there's a bloody awful one which they serve in my local called Copper Dragon.
Anyway, yesterday evening I had a couple of pre-prandial bottles of Proper Job from St Austell Brewery. Absolutely bloody lovely - really nice. Also, I see that Morrison's are doing 4 bottles for £6 at the moment. They're also selling a real favourite of mine, Hobgoblin Ruby for £1.25 a bottle. I'll be reversing the car up to their door shortly :D
Another good seller. Their IPA is doing well too, though not sampled it myself yet. Introducing the locals to Adnams Broadside this week. Not supped it myself since I worked opposite an Adnams pub in London.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:51 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:22 pm
Well it’s not like he can do it, is it?
Apparently not for the rest of the season.

What a way to miss out. Such an innocuous challenge.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.