Who'll parade their plonkers at the Rodney? - Newport away April 5th, 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Who'll parade their plonkers at the Rodney? - Newport away April 5th, 3pm

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Not our day. We go again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm

13 shots. 1 on target. That'll do it.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:59 pm

There's no way they could've given that.

What an absolute sickener, it feels like we've beaten ourselves. There's still plenty to play for, though.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Mar wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:56 pm
Not sure that crossed the line. My gut reaction says no. :(

How close can we get without actually getting a goal FFS.
Definitely didn't. Fair play to George for randomly kicking the scrum of players protecting it though.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 pm

We either dont create enough, or dont convert when we do. For all our nice football we still look incapable of scoring more than 1 in a game.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Comes back to Friday. That was the key game. Our approach to it was shocking. And we were asking for something like today happening. I could see it, anyone who has watched football can see it. We are our own worst enemies here. Probably need 6 wins out of 7 now and that means playing at full pelt for 90 plus minutes 7 times. No stroking it round like we are 3 up before we have scored. Lack of goals is a concern if we make the play offs where will goals come from? Need Sarce back like nobody’s business.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:47 pm
feck me Elbo.

Won't cross with your left and won't shoot with your right?
The shot obviously wasn't great but fine, league two player (at best). But that non cross. Wtf?! 90% chance of a corner, just swing a leg!

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:02 pm

One point over Easter when it should have been 6, can't let so many chances go by as we did particularly in the first half. Very very disappointing.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 pm
We either dont create enough, or dont convert when we do. For all our nice football we still look incapable of scoring more than 1 in a game.
In a nutshell this. It’s pointless all the things we do when we don’t score goals. We are over egging the pudding. And teams that can’t score goals IMO struggle end of season. We might need to bag 3 or 4 to win a game. We need that in our locker. But rarely ever seem close to it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm
Not our day. We go again.
Aye. Pity that. Thought we played really well in the first half and carried on plugging. I’m sure the air will be black with certain worriers self-defenestrating but if we play like that we’ll be reet - especially as nobody else is haymaking.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:05 pm

Right that's the loss out of the way and the run has ended. Can we get back to winning and fecking going up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Comes back to Friday. That was the key game. Our approach to it was shocking. And we were asking for something like today happening. I could see it, anyone who has watched football can see it. We are our own worst enemies here. Probably need 6 wins out of 7 now and that means playing at full pelt for 90 plus minutes 7 times. No stroking it round like we are 3 up before we have scored. Lack of goals is a concern if we make the play offs where will goals come from? Need Sarce back like nobody’s business.
I think there's a myth overtaken things here. We started really well, should've been in front (imagine) but they reacted and we couldn't figure it out. Easy to forget there's another team playing. It wasn't like we just thought fine we'll piss it.

Anyway, my Saturday team played a double-header on sat. We drew the first 0-0 and lost the second by one goal missing loads of chances. And I got a literal smack in the mouth. Feels about right.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Well well.. those first half chances we missed hurt us. We are still in it as are the others. A dog fight to the end of the season. I hope we have the stomach for it. The pressure is telling on all the sides at the top including us. Do we have the mentality to cope with it is the question.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Often when managers say after a losing game "we created a lot of chances" it's an excuse. In Evatt's defence, you'd have expected us to score from today's chances. Gilt edged.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:09 pm

Luck ran out today! Kieron Lee is a criminal, up there with Dean Holdsworth now with those misses! It does feel like stop Doyle and stop Bolton, not enough in any of those players who came on today to get a goal. Still in the hunt and plenty of football to be played.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think there's a myth overtaken things here. We started really well, should've been in front (imagine) but they reacted and we couldn't figure it out. Easy to forget there's another team playing. It wasn't like we just thought fine we'll piss it.

Anyway, my Saturday team played a double-header on sat. We drew the first 0-0 and lost the second by one goal missing loads of chances. And I got a literal smack in the mouth. Feels about right.
We lacked intensity on Friday. We played it like we were bound to score at some point instead of being at it. I’ve watched it and can see that. At full time Baptiste was saying how improved we were and the point wasn’t bad. To me it speaks volumes. Where is the killer instinct and desire - they should be gutted to drop points in this run in. That’s what is lacking for me that real ability to go and force the issue and score goals. Today is one of them games you just miss clear chances and they punch you back. It happens. Had we won Friday against 21st place at home we’d be absolutely fine.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
FFS. Perspective please.
Before this weekend we'd won 11 and drawn 2 (i think...) of our last 13 games.
We've played 2 games that we should probably have won and we haven't: Sh1t happens. Of the 11 we won we probably didn't serserve to win at least a couple - what comes around goes around.
Unless I'm missing something, we're still sat in 4th - 1 goal off 3rd. Its not that long ago people were calling for Evatt to go and worried about us dropping out of the league altogether.
We were - and may still be - the most in form team in the whole of the English top 4 divisions. We've got no god given right to win every game - even those apparently easy on paper - or to get promoted.

Is it frustrating to have dropped 5 points this weekend? Hell yes. However, lets not overreact eh - the players are probably knackered and of course we were bound to lose at some point. We've seen all over the divisions - including the PL - that there are weird results going on all over the place.

Personally - as frustrated as I am right now - I think I might be inclined to let the manager and team off for the moment....

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:30 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:24 pm
Personally - as frustrated as I am right now - I think I might be inclined to let the manager and team off for the moment....
The manager and the team have been terrific to get us to where we are. I don't think it's an over reaction though for folk to be a little bit worried at our recent form. 6 goals in our last 6 games. Lowest scorers in the top 7.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:31 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:27 pm
Is this a spot the ball? There’s no way it was a clear goal this. I find the best thing to do is make the net bulge then there’s no fecking doubt. Should have scored.