Plymouth match

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Plymouth match

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:02 pm
Bakayoko has given up even the pretence that he can be bothered….
He literally stands still with and without the ball

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 pm

I don’t think I’ve seen a footballer move as little since jardel

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Sheehan isn’t very good is he?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm

It's laughable at times.

So slow with everything.

Baptiste is having to work overtime on the right. They've sussed us out. Just get possession and rip through us when we're in their half.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:03 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:01 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:56 pm

According to BWFCI who must know SB & FV personally - we won't spend any money on quality players, they won't spend more money on higher wages as along with Evatt they want to do it on the cheap & continue to pay peanuts.
Yep, you must be right and clearly they've got shit loads of dosh hanging around, but they are all just being arseholes and trying to get us into the Premiership on a shoestring 'cos its a bit of a laugh innit?

Or, alternatively - and I suspect more realistically - maybe, just maybe, after taking over a failing club that was about to go pop, getting it on an even keel & somehow achieving promotion, they actually haven't got any cash to spend, so have no option but to pay "peanuts" and "do it on the cheap"? Just a thought.............
Indeed. And we lost 3M in last accounts. Not sure where people think the money is coming from. Borrowing presumably. Cos that’s worked well for us. We don’t have a sugar daddy happy to spend millions and never see it back.
But I thought that FV had a three year plan ?, as you know them personally do you care to share what that plan was - surely not to get promotion to League 1 but the spend feck all & just hope that we somehow get up to the championship within said 3 years.

Football is no different to most other walks of life, you generally get what you pay for and the more you spend on players (even if its wages) you do tend to get better quality players i.e. Wigan. I'm happy to just stay up this year, but as this is the last year of FV's 3 year plan do you think that they will be happy with survival this year, if yes then I'm fine with it - but then how do we ever get out of League 1 ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:58 pm
Gordon fell over the ball
Someone needs to tell him where his feet are. Because his brain isn't managing it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:09 pm

FFS Harry. Get the ball to a Bolton player.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 pm
I don’t think I’ve seen a footballer move as little since jardel
I still think Jardel was unfairly maligned. No club ever took him on for his running record 😉
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Hey, I called him a footballer. Bet he’s had plenty worse!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:11 pm

I mean where the hell was Baka on that last attack then? Games passed him by completely.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

According to BWFCI who must know SB & FV personally - we won't spend any money on quality players, they won't spend more money on higher wages as along with Evatt they want to do it on the cheap & continue to pay peanuts.
Yep, you must be right and clearly they've got shit loads of dosh hanging around, but they are all just being arseholes and trying to get us into the Premiership on a shoestring 'cos its a bit of a laugh innit?

Or, alternatively - and I suspect more realistically - maybe, just maybe, after taking over a failing club that was about to go pop, getting it on an even keel & somehow achieving promotion, they actually haven't got any cash to spend, so have no option but to pay "peanuts" and "do it on the cheap"? Just a thought.............
Indeed. And we lost 3M in last accounts. Not sure where people think the money is coming from. Borrowing presumably. Cos that’s worked well for us. We don’t have a sugar daddy happy to spend millions and never see it back.
But I thought that FV had a three year plan ?, as you know them personally do you care to share what that plan was - surely not to get promotion to League 1 but the spend feck all & just hope that we somehow get up to the championship within said 3 years.

Football is no different to most other walks of life, you generally get what you pay for and the more you spend on players (even if its wages) you do tend to get better quality players i.e. Wigan. I'm happy to just stay up this year, but as this is the last year of FV's 3 year plan do you think that they will be happy with survival this year, if yes then I'm fine with it - but then how do we ever get out of League 1 ?
Perhaps you could outline what sort of plan you want them to have? Their plan was to run us sustainably not through huge borrowing. Any business can either spend as it’s revenue affords or borrow. I think we are trying to break even. That might mean we have to stay in league one a few years. But the alternative is borrowing money that we’d have to pay back. If after all that’s happened you can’t accept that then not sure what I can tell you. They saved the club but made clear they aren’t here to pump millions in. And many many clubs in the league are run on that basis.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 pm

How the feck has he not scored that???

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 pm

Ffs that’s the chance

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Has to score. On the other hand it’s so abundantly clear how much better Doyle and Sarce make us. Can we now stop suggesting they are the problem when it’s clear that they are critical.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:15 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 pm
How the feck has he not scored that???
Easy, it's Bolton Wanderers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Sarcevic bursts into the box from the left but can't get his shot on target... ???? Can't get a shot on target from inside the box...really..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

It's a tall order to go up in back to back seasons. We've certainly seemed capable of giving ourselves a fighting chance of doing that.

In terms of getting out of league one. I suspect it's building that sustainable model and improving players each season. Selling those who are good but finding new upcoming talent. Might be in our best interests to spend another season in league one (in terms of getting to the championship and coming straight back down) but I think if we're honest, I think we're all secretly hoping for back to back.
Last edited by Mar on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Can't say this ref isn't a c*nt either.

How that wasn't a corner I'll never know.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

It's a tall order to go up in back to back seasons. We've certainly seemed capable of giving ourselves a fighting chance of doing that.

In terms of getting out of league one. I suspect it's building that sustainable model and improving players each season. Selling those who are good but finding new upcoming talent. Might be in our best interests to spend another season in league one but I think if we're honest, I think we're all secretly hoping for back to back.
Might have to spend a few years in league one. But that’s where we are at. I don’t mind it. First we’ve got to establish ourselves here.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Massive game Saturday.