Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Bare Bones....

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 pm

The annoying thing is we've spent over 2M on forwards and are playing CJ out of necessity.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am

Jerome has been excellent these last few weeks. Has done 100% of the job asked of him, and seems to be the consumate professional.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:39 am

dave the minion wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am
Jerome has been excellent these last few weeks. Has done 100% of the job asked of him, and seems to be the consumate professional.
This for me too, CJ is my idea o a total front liner. He's a big muscular, tough lad who will fight for the ball and deceptively quick with it. A couple of goals and he'd do for me.

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 am

dave the minion wrote:
Jerome has been excellent these last few weeks. Has done 100% of the job asked of him, and seems to be the consummate professional.
Jerome's been good the last fair few weeks and has carried himself well professionally. Credit to the man.

Sadly however, I still get the impression he's some what of an empty stapler, looks good but won't get the job done. I don't think that's too much of an issue though, he's a covering forward, he's not meant to be utilised as much as he has been. We've been hamstrung with injuries and if our third choice backup is expected to score a load of goals then we really should reset our expectations. What we should be expecting is to provide decent hold up and he looks to be doing that.

Thankfully he's got his goal in the last match, he's deserved it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm

Mar wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 am
dave the minion wrote:
Jerome has been excellent these last few weeks. Has done 100% of the job asked of him, and seems to be the consummate professional.
Jerome's been good the last fair few weeks and has carried himself well professionally. Credit to the man.

Sadly however, I still get the impression he's some what of an empty stapler, looks good but won't get the job done. I don't think that's too much of an issue though, he's a covering forward, he's not meant to be utilised as much as he has been. We've been hamstrung with injuries and if our third choice backup is expected to score a load of goals then we really should reset our expectations. What we should be expecting is to provide decent hold up and he looks to be doing that.

Thankfully he's got his goal in the last match, he's deserved it.
Yeah, to the above. If my memory is correct, the plan for Cam was to keep him registered during his contract term, then move him onto the coaching side? Dunno...

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

I think we're in serious trouble if Jerome and/or N'lundulu are having to play significant minutes during the playoffs. Neither are starting calibre League One strikers, for me.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 pm

We are already in trouble... and its not the forwards I am concerned about. Its the defense. Toal has played RCB, then LCB, then CB in the last few games. One days its Jones in, then Iredale, then its Forrester. We are not settled and I fear the worse if we dont have a settled central defense in the playoffs.

Also, with everyone coming back, we are in trouble because they are not match sharp and will take a few matches to get up to speed. Charles, Dan, Ade, Jones, Williams and now Santos. We know that being in a match is completely different than on the training ground. No matter how good you are, you need time to get match sharpness. We are in the playoff and have no time for that. How much tinkering will Evatt make? I would love to have seen a settled side going into the playoffs. I'm afraid we don't have one. Should I be concerned?