Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:51 pm

It’s a massive result and a superb performance. Only the finishing was missing. Now let’s beef up that defence in the market. Big few days ahead. Hope injuries are nothing.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:51 pm
It’s a massive result and a superb performance. Only the finishing was missing. Now let’s beef up that defence in the market. Big few days ahead. Hope injuries are nothing.
Well said that man.

All about recruitment and fitness now.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:00 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:51 pm
Well said that man.

All about recruitment and fitness now.
Which will be helped by the fact that we don't have two games a week for the foreseeable. A chance to up fitness levels and get those injuries sorted. Also a chance to get the new arrivals familiarized to our way of doing things.
Last edited by sonicthewhite on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:03 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:50 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:47 pm
I fecking love this club!

Can cheer us up on a dreary day. I have to paint 14 kitchen cabinets this afternoon and I'll be doing it whilst whistling with a cheeky smile.

COYWM!!!!
You and me both buddy. I was supposed to be getting the downstairs bathroom painted so I can get it tiled and then install the lavvy but the kettle kept getting in the way. Luckily the wife's in bed resting up or I'll be sleeping with the pooch tonight :shock:
Up the kettle boiling bathroom painting whites!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:07 pm

In all the excitement and nerves…Declan John looked back to his best. Deffo an option now. Maybe 1st choice.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:08 pm

The injuries, I really hope, are just minor and are being protected.

Shoretire, looked to kick the underneath of the Charlton defender. He got up and tried to carry on but we all know they can be small breaks or hairline fractures.

I'm baffled with Johnston, he got a knock on the head and was complaining about his ankle. I genuinely hope it's just concussion protection as the goal came from the gap he left.

We looked like we have more than one way of playing which is great, and God forgive me for this, I have to agree with Insano about Bradley. He's getting in some great positions and it's breaking down.

Shout out to Declan John. Professional when he came on. Might we have a club that makes the players realise they aren't indispensable?

edit:

I think I'm going for a lay down, as I've just posted this and Insane has also said similar about John. God help us all. :lol:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:07 pm
In all the excitement and nerves…Declan John looked back to his best. Deffo an option now. Maybe 1st choice.
On the ball, yeah. Off it, no.

However, not played in ages and clearly was struggling a bit with his hamstring.

He's a perfectly good player at this level if he wants to be involved. If he stays he can be very important to us. Probably would have been less of an issue defensively with Johnston behind him, too.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:12 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:08 pm
I'm baffled with Johnston, he got a knock on the head and was complaining about his ankle. I genuinely hope it's just concussion protection as the goal came from the gap he left.
Collision in mid-air makes you look at the head injury, but look at the way his entire weight lands on the leg. Not a comfortable fall and certainly something that may cause a problem. I thought it may be his knee at first.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
He got a knock on the head and then landed awkwardly on his ankle.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:12 pm
Collision in mid-air makes you look at the head injury, but look at the way his entire weight lands on the leg. Not a comfortable fall and certainly something that may cause a problem. I thought it may be his knee at first.
It was like one of those boxing leg injuries where a shot to the head drags the fighter's leg under him as he goes down. Can be really nasty.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was concussed, though. He looked very groggy after.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:17 pm

Looking forward a bit, isn't February just a month of supposedly "gimme" home games and away nightmares? Bloody hell.

Grand.
Last edited by GhostoftheBok on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
The injuries, I really hope, are just minor and are being protected.

Shoretire, looked to kick the underneath of the Charlton defender. He got up and tried to carry on but we all know they can be small breaks or hairline fractures.

Didn't Shoretire pull his back when he tried to shoot - looked to be holding the small of his back when limping around?

I think Johnston landed badly on his ankle after the mid-air collision?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:22 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:03 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:50 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:47 pm
I fecking love this club!

Can cheer us up on a dreary day. I have to paint 14 kitchen cabinets this afternoon and I'll be doing it whilst whistling with a cheeky smile.

COYWM!!!!
You and me both buddy. I was supposed to be getting the downstairs bathroom painted so I can get it tiled and then install the lavvy but the kettle kept getting in the way. Luckily the wife's in bed resting up or I'll be sleeping with the pooch tonight :shock:
Up the kettle boiling bathroom painting whites!
Up the kitchen cabinet painting whites :lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:22 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:07 pm
On the ball, yeah. Off it, no.

However, not played in ages and clearly was struggling a bit with his hamstring.

He's a perfectly good player at this level if he wants to be involved. If he stays he can be very important to us. Probably would have been less of an issue defensively with Johnston behind him, too.
Agree with this some nice stuff going forwards but looked a bit ring rusty (which can be solved), but for me, there's fairly clearly some not seeing eye to eye going on and I'm less sure that's going to be solved

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:26 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:17 pm
Looking forward a bit, isn't February just a month of supposedly "gimme" home games and away nightmares? Bloody hell.

Grand.
Quite the testing month that. Especially with the Accrington semi aswell.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:28 pm

What an excellent performance that was, and could easily have been 4 or 5. Outstanding from everyone, great to see Declan John back it was clear to see today that he's our best option at LWB he didn't put a foot wrong, he looked quality.

Dempsey (really good), Santos, Morley, Bradley, Toal all outstanding as was Shoretire, the only slight disappointment was missing so many chances.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:44 pm

Fantastic performance and great result.

One of those days where everyone played well. Shoretire has tremendous vision. Santos back to his none shall pass bastarding best and big shout out to super Gethin Jones. Such an assured performance in 2 different positions.

Howfen whites now drinking heavily in Borough Market :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:45 pm

Many Charlton fans saying that we are the best team that they have seen at the Valley this season.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 pm

I shall return here when you've all calmed down a little bit. Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
Today raised more questions than answers.
May the bridges I burn light your way

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 pm
Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
Nope. Regardless of the final score, that was a superbly coached side that needs to do more in the final third and was then disrupted by injuries.