The Forest Green Green Grass of Home? FGR, (H) 24/01/23 7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: The Forest Green Green Grass of Home? FGR, (H) 24/01/23 7.45pm

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 pm
It was an absolute brave heart performance from the 9 remaining outfield players (not Kachunga he was a disgrace and deserved the boos and cannot ever play for us again).
That in a nutshell just sums you up.

Without him, we might not have scored tonight. How's that for a paradox?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It was an absolute brave heart performance from the 9 remaining outfield players (not Kachunga he was a disgrace and deserved the boos and cannot ever play for us again).

I watched him all night. He’s absolutely abysmal. And you know it too. You just want to argue. He’s lazy too. Really lazy. I watched him have a 5 yard head start and still lose the foot race. I watched as Dempsey busy every gut possible to chase down balls. And Kachunga walked a few yards broke into a jog shrugged his shoulders and stopped. Time and time again.

He has no place at this club and does not deserve any of the appearances he’s had. I’d genuinely rather see nobody up front than that absolute charlatan.

And the fans are in agreement.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 pm

I don't want an argument BWFCi but cmon that's bollocks. Shouldn't ever play for the club again? It was a bad error of judgement. Like Dapos at Lincoln. Just because he's been a poor signing doesn't mean he should be drummed out of the club or booed off the pitch.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:52 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I watched him all night. He’s absolutely abysmal. And you know it too. You just want to argue. He’s lazy too. Really lazy. I watched him have a 5 yard head start and still lose the foot race. I watched as Dempsey busy every gut possible to chase down balls. And Kachunga walked a few yards broke into a jog shrugged his shoulders and stopped. Time and time again.

He has no place at this club and does not deserve any of the appearances he’s had. I’d genuinely rather see nobody up front than that absolute charlatan.

And the fans are in agreement.
You're just a bitter angry person, all the time. I don't agree with you and don't want to argue. He's made a mistake then worked his bollocks off like everyone else to make sure they didn't score. But you're probably sat there tutting everytime he touches the ball and probably one of those booing him when he left the pitch. You can't see what he does because you expect perfection. You make no bones about how much you dislike him and all the others on your list.

Santos, Charles etc. It's boring. You set it up so you can launch into the tirade you have tonight. Some might say an "I told you" moment.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:21 pm

Not had time to read the thread yet, but I assume the main focus of discussion is Kachunga's increasingly impressive PPG. Right, lads?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm

Back three were immense. Those that have doubted Santos's credentials want their heads seeing to.

Dempsey was also pretty impressive, as was Bradley in attempting to initiate some counters.

Kachunga. Moron for his punch, provoked or not. Had a poor game aside from that. But I reject entirely his being booed off the park. You pay your money, entitled to an opinion and all that, but he's still one of ours.

Officials were a joke. But unless I'm much mistaken, there won't be any suspension here - Charles will have his red rightly rescinded, having done f*ck all wrong. But I'm sure there's some sort of double-jeopardy rule in play where you can't be punished twice for the same infringment, so I'm not sure that Kachunga will have the ban transferred to him either.

Ground out a needed win. FGR had us pinned back, but didn't really force us into many hairy moments. We need to build on this, get reinforcements in up front, and perform better against Charlton.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 pm
I don't want an argument BWFCi but cmon that's bollocks. Shouldn't ever play for the club again? It was a bad error of judgement. Like Dapos at Lincoln. Just because he's been a poor signing doesn't mean he should be drummed out of the club or booed off the pitch.
He shouldn’t play for the club again because he’s an absolute coward on a football pitch. I can watch some pretty bad players. And do. But if they play with heart and bravery you can in many cases get past ability.

I watched a lot of heart and bravery today. But not him. The reaction was entirely justified and not before time.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:34 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm
Back three were immense. Those that have doubted Santos's credentials want their heads seeing to.

Dempsey was also pretty impressive, as was Bradley in attempting to initiate some counters.

Kachunga. Moron for his punch, provoked or not. Had a poor game aside from that. But I reject entirely his being booed off the park. You pay your money, entitled to an opinion and all that, but he's still one of ours.

Officials were a joke. But unless I'm much mistaken, there won't be any suspension here - Charles will have his red rightly rescinded, having done f*ck all wrong. But I'm sure there's some sort of double-jeopardy rule in play where you can't be punished twice for the same infringment, so I'm not sure that Kachunga will have the ban transferred to him either.

Ground out a needed win. FGR had us pinned back, but didn't really force us into many hairy moments. We need to build on this, get reinforcements in up front, and perform better against Charlton.
You haven't been punished for the same offence twice though. No more than getting suspended.

They'll rescind Charles' red because it's wrong, and then do Kacha, like Dapo, because they missed it.

/I think there's provision just for wrong identity.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:34 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm

You haven't been punished for the same offence twice though. No more than getting suspended.

They'll rescind Charles' red because it's wrong, and then do Kacha, like Dapo, because they missed it.

/I think there's provision just for wrong identity.
Yep, Evatt has said that’s what he expects to happen.

They don’t even look remotely alike…ridiculous really.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
He shouldn’t play for the club again because he’s an absolute coward on a football pitch. I can watch some pretty bad players. And do. But if they play with heart and bravery you can in many cases get past ability.

I watched a lot of heart and bravery today. But not him. The reaction was entirely justified and not before time.
I think you'll feel differently having slept on it. He's been poor and doesn't offer nearly enough but for now he's one of ours. I can't accept our own being booed or being kicked out of the club for a poor error. He actually did really well on the goal too. I'd much prefer to see Sadlier tried up top at present though.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:38 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:36 pm
I think you'll feel differently having slept on it.
He won't.

He's been saying the same thing for ages, never mind after tonight.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:43 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:45 pm
Not the biggest talking point tonight but what’s with Derek’s new “low-lying” /“deep-lying” crosses?
That bothered me too!

They're crosses, Derek, not the fields of Athenry.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 pm

Just as an FYI, on the Kachunga thing. When it was clear someone was getting sent off (he thought him) he came over to the lino and showed what was not only blood in his mouth but looked like a loose tooth. The same defender had two goes at him in the box and then elbowed him off the ball during their build up.

I think he was fecking stupid to throw that punch, but people sing Big John's praises for his "wee tap" when someone took the piss with a bit of shoving, never mind trying to smash him in the face three times and drawing blood.

People snap and Kachunga clearly did. If someone on a Sunday League pitch did to me what that centre half did to him they'd be getting put on the deck.

You can't excuse the professional, but you can excuse the man. Regardless of whether you like him as a player or not, it was 3-1 in terms of shots and less damage done, but he got the red. The other lad should have had 2 or 3 reds that game.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:30 pm
Don’t know enough about FGR but would be fascinated to know how/if Burchnall has reacted positionally to our changes
Went wide to try and pull the wingbacks up the pitch with one player whilst pushing another in behind them. Their 8 acting as pivot in the centre with one centre half back and the other defenders acting as deep runners to try and force space.

Would have worked if they had more quality.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:36 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 pm
Just as an FYI, on the Kachunga thing. When it was clear someone was getting sent off (he thought him) he came over to the lino and showed what was not only blood in his mouth but looked like a loose tooth. The same defender had two goes at him in the box and then elbowed him off the ball during their build up.

I think he was fecking stupid to throw that punch, but people sing Big John's praises for his "wee tap" when someone took the piss with a bit of shoving, never mind trying to smash him in the face three times and drawing blood.

People snap and Kachunga clearly did. If someone on a Sunday League pitch did to me what that centre half did to him they'd be getting put on the deck.

You can't excuse the professional, but you can excuse the man. Regardless of whether you like him as a player or not, it was 3-1 in terms of shots and less damage done, but he got the red. The other lad should have had 2 or 3 reds that game.
Gotta agree with you here. The stupidity was in how obvious it was or how he's not gone to ground from being initially hit in the face.

Kachunga dives when fouled and looks less than convincing but stays on his feet when being whacked in the mouth. Seems strange. Go down off the ball then show the bloodied mouth, it's gonna help the ref paint a picture of what's actually happening. Instead he's been blatant with a punch and thankfully it's not cost us.

I suspect that warrants a fine of sorts from the club but hopefully not too strong given what happened in the build up.

Wouldn't mind, he was doing well in the build up to the first goal. Our link up play went non existent after the Red card.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 am

On the match - we were fantastic. I'm not overstating that, we were absolutely fecking magnificent.

I am livid with Kachunga, but the idea he was a passenger is just people seeing through the lens of their dislike for him. You do not perform as a team like that if everyone on the pitch isn't doing work. He absolutely shouldn't have gone off sooner, because we couldn't risk Lee in that type of game for too long. I'd genuinely have no issue if Evatt moved Kachunga out on loan (probably to Germany) before the window closes, but it won't be because Kacha didn't care about what he'd done. He was ashamed, not lazy.

Lee improved us when he came on, because he's just a better player. He and Dempsey caused them real issues as they chased the game and we probably should have scored another.

Santos was ridiculous. Quality in everything he did, both on and off the ball. Jones player the overlapping role really well. Bradley ran himself into the ground. I could go on.

I've read through and a lot on here hated that game. I loved it. That's everything I want to see from a team when things go against them. Resilience, intelligence and work rate.

That tells you more about who this group of players are than the 3-0 against Charlton, or most other games.

We need to get lads in to help the group in the next few days, but what a group they are. If you're not proud of this Bolton side (and the coaching team) you can bugger off. Every player Evatt puts out there works their bollocks off - which is why certain players don't get in the side. We need more quality, we will have off days, but Evatt has built a proper football team who fight for each other and give a shit. Long may that aspect continue.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:49 am

Mar wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:36 am
I suspect that warrants a fine of sorts from the club but hopefully not too strong given what happened in the build up.
I'd fine him the maximum, personally.

Like I say, you can forgive the man but not the professional.

He'll have work to do with the group to show contrition - especially if any have picked up injuries from overexertion.

I've seen a similar situation where a player got injured from having to stay on the pitch too long because someone else got sent off. The training ground the next day was like ice. It was a huge, huge deal. Would love to know how we handle it, but we'll never know.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:09 am

We battled hard for the 3 points. We are no softies anymore. Very impressed with Santos who was imperious. Showed what a good player he is. If only he can cut out that one costly mistake per game he would be playing in the championship.

Kachunga lost his temper. He was being manhandled and just before had taken a hard foul. Easy for us to say how stupid he was but how many of us have "lost it" in a game. He will have to take his punishment but to boo him off and hope he has played his last game for us.. come on!!?? We still need his experience in the squad, especially since DadBod is out for the season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:39 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:09 am
We still need his experience in the squad, especially since DadBod is out for the season.
This is a good point.

One positive is that this is the last Saturday/Tuesday for a while. Next Tuesday game is Feb 14th, so the strain on the more limited line up of forwards should be lessened.

Insane will be relieved to hear that, so long as he doesn't leave this window, Kacha should be available for the cup game.

If we only get one more forward in before the deadline we will probably be relying on Shoretire or Sadlier's ability to put a shift in up front off the bench (again, assuming Sads is still here come Feb 1st.

That'd mean 3 Saturday games where we'd only have the two proper strikers available and then Kacha back for the first Tuesday game against MK Dons. He's been a dick, but he may have done it at the least damaging time.

It looks like we might be trying to do more business than we're letting on publicly, which I like. Crunch time now. We need to hope that "agent at the game" thing is true and James has made himself a few bob at our expense. We need Ade in for Saturday, ideally.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:13 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I don't want an argument BWFCi but cmon that's bollocks.
He shouldn’t play for the club again because he’s an absolute coward on a football pitch.
I think you'll feel differently having slept on it.
Have you met BWFCi? I love the bloke dearly - clearly he loves the club – but there hasn't been so much dying on hills since Gallipoli :D