Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 pm

I’d go

Traf
Toal Santos Jones
Bradley John
Morley Dempsey
Shoretire
Jerome Charles

OR

Lee in for Jerome. Can’t decide which.

I feel Jerome might link brilliantly with Charles. And I think an hour from him then Ade against tiring defenders. The old Holdsworth - Ricketts plan.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:55 pm

I be picking 11, myself, mate :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 pm
I’d go

Traf
Toal Santos Jones
Morley Dempsey
Shoretire
Jerome Charles

OR

Lee in for Jerome. Can’t decide which.

I feel Jerome might link brilliantly with Charles. And I think an hour from him then Ade against tiring defenders. The old Holdsworth - Ricketts plan.
We're not playing them with 9! Very ballsy for you Insano :mrgreen:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:55 pm
Wingbacks might tempt them to pass wide. Gerrittothebiglad!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:55 pm
Though last time I politely pointed out that someone's team didn't have 11 in I got a PM titled "your a dick" which ended "stay out of my threads. Understood?" :lol:

A poster we seen to have lost over the years, alas.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm
"stay out of my threads. Understood?"
Last time I heard that phrase I was trying on a jacket in a charity shop that turned out to belong to another customer.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:18 pm

Edited to add the wing backs in. Obvs. Not suggesting we play with 9.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:23 pm

I reckon he'll start with Lee to protect Shola a bit more. After 60mins and providing we're winning then I think he'll bring him on. I also think he'll start with Dion and Vic up front.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:37 pm

I'm rather surprised as to just how often we're taking Dempsey to the well, to be honest.

Still, he doesn't appear to be showing signs of letting up - just hope we're not tempting injury with him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:37 pm
I'm rather surprised as to just how often we're taking Dempsey to the well, to be honest.

Still, he doesn't appear to be showing signs of letting up - just hope we're not tempting injury with him.
Also Bradley - he’s started every league match since October 25th, and played the full 90 in all bar the Barnsley game, when he played 81.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:30 am

Increasingly excited about this one. Really want to see the new lads start to work their way in. Will not be there, so will be a VPN job.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:03 pm

MJ Williams needs minor knee surgery. Will be out for a month.
Randell can't play next game with a hamstring issue.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:14 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:03 pm
MJ Williams needs minor knee surgery. Will be out for a month.
Randell can't play next game with a hamstring issue.
I'll tell you what this is all pointing towards a painful night at Accrington in a few weeks.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:14 pm
I'll tell you what this is all pointing towards a painful night at Accrington in a few weeks.
Should have some shift back in to cover for those that are out by then, but it is getting slightly "fan dance" in terms of covering our exposure. A couple more and we'll be caught bare arsed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:46 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:14 pm
Should have some shift back in to cover for those that are out by then, but it is getting slightly "fan dance" in terms of covering our exposure. A couple more and we'll be caught bare arsed.
Will we? Thomason has two weeks out and one assumes won't be match ready for 22nd.

MJ is out.

Shola can't play.

Neither can Vic or Big Dan.

It means that for that game our eligible and fit senior outfield options as it stands now

John/Randell
Bradley/Isgrove
Santos Jones Mbete Toal
Morley, Dempsey Lee, Sheehan
Kachunga
Jerome Charles

15 fit outfield players. Doesn't take much for that to lower - nor do we have any slack up front or much in midfield.

Also isn't exactly hard to see an 11 out of that lot getting beat away at Accrington.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:46 pm
Will we? Thomason has two weeks out and one assumes won't be match ready for 22nd.
He's already on grass, he's two weeks from selection. He doesn't need to be able to play the full 90 on high to be available.

We're set to be at 18 eligible players by the Accy, barring more injuries. So on the raggedy edge of a full bench. Will probably need some Bs.

Like I said, could be caught bare arsed, but at the minute we should sneak by, A couple of Bs on the bench against Accy shouldn't be the end of the world.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:02 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's already on grass, he's two weeks from selection. He doesn't need to be able to play the full 90 on high to be available.

We're set to be at 18 eligible players by the Accy, barring more injuries. So on the raggedy edge of a full bench. Will probably need some Bs.

Like I said, could be caught bare arsed, but at the minute we should sneak by, A couple of Bs on the bench against Accy shouldn't be the end of the world.
Given our record there, and our win this season came from bringing really good players off the bench to change it I'm not overly confident. Its a shame that we're limited in what we can pick there. Ade and Big Dan are exactly the sort of players you'd want to get a result on a night like that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:04 pm

On another note - Jerome doing the pre match media stuff. Probably means nowt but I did have a hunch he might start...wonder if he will? Hard team to predict.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:02 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Given our record there, and our win this season came from bringing really good players off the bench to change it I'm not overly confident. Its a shame that we're limited in what we can pick there. Ade and Big Dan are exactly the sort of players you'd want to get a result on a night like that.
Aye, but so is Jerome.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:02 pm
I'm not overly confident.
As opposed to your usual unwavering optimism?