Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:17 pm

A gap of 21 points in any language should be an odds on bet for the Home boys over the Completely Suzuki visitors. "Should", I hasten to add, in one of its many meanings, indicates probability, not certainty. " Banananokama" means banana-skin in Japanese and disaster in any other language that matters to the Lancashire lads of Bolton Wanderers Allsorts. Our match ref ,Singh Gill, who will take charge of the game, has officiated 20 matches so far this season - issuing 72 yellow cards and one red...Beware home boys. The Robins don't appear to have done anything remarkable in the Transfer window, but again, take nothing for granted. We need those three points. Have at it then... :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:06 pm

It's a big game. Take a victory here to Peterborough and a win there? Well, then it's very unlikely we'll fail to make the play-offs

I think it'll be the same shape as Saturday with Shoretire behind Charles and a middle 3 of Morley, Dempsey and Lee

Believe the only question mark is Johnstone, so would expect Jones to slip into the right of the back 3, Toal on the left and DJ at Left Wing-Back

Should have too much for them, but you just never know. Need to be on-it as per and play with a lot of energy
Last edited by boltonboris on Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time Cheltenham men please....At HomeV,Cheltenham at the completely Bolton Stadium Sat 4th feb 3-0'clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:11 pm

Not sure if he goes with the BoltonBoris team up there OR plays one of the new strikers from the start. Can't decide really. Its good to have Ade and Jerome off the bench as we tend to at home rely on impact off the bench so logic stands there. Equally I'm not convinced that Shola will get the space he did away at Charlton and against a team sitting in at home we often need something to make it stick up front a bit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:14 pm

Have we heard anything further about Johnston/Shortire injury status from anywhere that looks official/nailed on?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:11 pm
Not sure if he goes with the BoltonBoris team up there OR plays one of the new strikers from the start. Can't decide really. Its good to have Ade and Jerome off the bench as we tend to at home rely on impact off the bench so logic stands there. Equally I'm not convinced that Shola will get the space he did away at Charlton and against a team sitting in at home we often need something to make it stick up front a bit.
For me it's: Traf, Jones, Santos, Toal, Bradley, Dempsey, Morley, Randy, Shoretire, Charles and Adeboyejo.

We'll see what Evatt choses. I'd fancy that side to have far too much of everything for Cheltenham.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:14 pm
Have we heard anything further about Johnston/Shortire injury status from anywhere that looks official/nailed on?
Shoretire trained all week I think without issues. We're due to presser today, so we'll know more in an hour or so. Very quiet on the Johnston injury..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:54 pm

Can't believe we'd drop Roberto...I actually thought part of the rationale for signing who we had, was so they'd have more chance to break through teams sitting on a block?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:43 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:14 pm
Shoretire trained all week I think without issues. We're due to presser today, so we'll know more in an hour or so. Very quiet on the Johnston injury..
I think we're probably on Ghosty's team then although he might be tempted to play John V Randy.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:55 pm
I think we're probably on Ghosty's team then although he might be tempted to play John V Randy.
Could be either, to be fair. I dunno. We need to get them both fit. Neither has played much footy.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 pm

Shola is fine, GJ probably out for a few weeks but not sure. Official from the club.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:10 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 pm
Shola is fine, GJ probably out for a few weeks but not sure. Official from the club.
Iles saying three/four weeks, which is not great news at all.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:15 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:10 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Better than the rest of the season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 pm

On the bad news front, Nlundulu is on the same timescale as GJ - which is longer than anticipated and means he will miss a lot of football.

Thomason, however, if back in a couple of weeks. That's fantastic news.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:22 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 pm
On the bad news front, Nlundulu is on the same timescale as GJ - which is longer than anticipated and means he will miss a lot of football.

Thomason, however, if back in a couple of weeks. That's fantastic news.
I think you've confused the George's there, Ghost. Evatt said Dan would be back around the same time as Thomason, not Johnston.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:26 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:22 pm
I think you've confused the George's there, Ghost. Evatt said Dan would be back around the same time as Thomason, not Johnston.
Thank Christ for that and thank you for the correction.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:33 pm

I’d read Evatts quote carefully. He’s not really saying 3/4 weeks for GJ. He’s saying we don’t know but at least that. Given over two weeks ago Big Dan was ‘out for 2-3 weeks’ and now he’s another two weeks out I’d suggest any timescale where it’s ‘don’t know yet but maybe’ should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

High ankle sprain - obviously we don’t know the severity but it would be very good going to get him back on the pitch at any point in March I’d say.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:36 pm

The_Gun wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
But maybe not as bad as we might have been fearing...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:36 pm
The_Gun wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
But maybe not as bad as we might have been fearing...
Talk was 8 weeks. Let’s hope it’s closer to Evatts guess than that.

On the plus side Thomason is ahead of schedule which is nice.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm
Talk was 8 weeks. Let’s hope it’s closer to Evatts guess than that.

On the plus side Thomason is ahead of schedule which is nice.
Talk was 6 the other day, so it seems like it's counting down. He'll be back next week at this rate :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:44 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:11 pm
For me it's: Traf, Jones, Santos, Toal, Bradley, Dempsey, Morley, Randy, Shoretire, Charles and Adeboyejo.

We'll see what Evatt choses. I'd fancy that side to have far too much of everything for Cheltenham.
And me. Thought Gethin and John linked up very well on Sat so if he picks John he might swap Jones and Toal (whereas I think you can leave Bradley to 'get on with it' a bit more with Kevin de Toale backing up).

Who's Roberto?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.