Compo for Alonso!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Compo for Alonso!

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:34 pm

Interesting article here at the BN site about how we've lodged a complaint to FIFA over Barcelona signing Alonso and that we're after £400k in compensation owed under development rules. Don't know how it stacks up legally but we're not the only club to have appealed either;

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... os-alonso/
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Compo for Alonso!

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:54 am

Easy for me to say about a young kid driving, drunk and killing a passenger. A mistake if ever there was one. I'd rather we got nowt.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:54 am
Easy for me to say about a young kid driving, drunk and killing a passenger. A mistake if ever there was one. I'd rather we got nowt.
Yes. Move on.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:15 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:54 am
Not fully sure I understand the link…

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:24 pm

When he was playing for us, he went home (might have been summer). Was over the limit when he crashed the car. Girl passenger unfortunately died. He got off with a fine...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:24 pm
When he was playing for us, he went home (might have been summer). Was over the limit when he crashed the car. Girl passenger unfortunately died. He got off with a fine...
Yeah I know that. But I'm still not sure what that has to do with this situation? This is about one business claiming another owes them legitimate compensation for a player transfer. The rights and wrongs are surely about the contractual status and FIFA transfer rules rather than the behaviour of the 'commodity'?