Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Pompey winning at MK; as it stands they go a point behind us (from a game more)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:28 pm

Rico’s injury (however bad) only makes me sadder and angrier about that assault on Toal. I think Toal would do well in that central role.

Guess we’re also only a heartbeat away from seeing whether Plan C (or D or whatever we’re up to) is MJ in back three or revert to a back four…

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm

Believe......1-0 Bradley.... :oyea: :kettle:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:24 pm
Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:17 pm
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:15 pm
Greetings from San Francisco, where it’s 7am

Derby winning at FGR
interestingly, Plymouth losing at Morecambe.
Off on holidays I take it?

The ability to watch remotely is a nice plus when holidays come round.
Yeah, California’s one of my favourite slices of the world and my niece is getting married so it’s a great excuse.

Goodstuff, never been that far west myself but hopefully one day.

On a football note. Connor Bradlinho has scored a goalio! Great pass from Sheehan, really composed.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm

Lovely. Go Bradley...

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:32 pm

:kettle: - 0
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:32 pm

Cambridge currently winning against Fleetwood, not the confidence destroying result i'd hope they'd have prior to facing us. Still time though.

Plenty of decent results at the moment from the teams above us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:32 pm
Cambridge currently winning against Fleetwood, not the confidence destroying result i'd hope they'd have prior to facing us. Still time though.

Plenty of decent results at the moment from the teams above us.
Aye all four are 0-0 right now. TBH though the more important scores are below us.

Like Posh scoring at Shrews to go back sixth… scoring with a penalty, their ninth shot already.

Wednesday winning too. Oh Plymouth are losing as well aren’t they? If Ipswich go in front at home to Wycombe…
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:38 pm

Bit harsh on Exeter that. Not too sure what the problem was with that one.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:41 pm

Aimson handball apparently.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:42 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:38 pm
Bit harsh on Exeter that. Not too sure what the problem was with that one.
Off an arm, Dan Barnes says...?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:44 pm

Ipswich beating Wycombe. As it stands, they go second - and Wycombe are 5pts behind us from a game more.

Same distance can’t be said of the other three chasers though…

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:44 pm
Ipswich beating Wycombe. As it stands, they go second - and Wycombe are 5pts behind us from a game more.

I think i'd prefer Wycombe to win that one. I'd much rather hopes that we'd be able to catch the top two rather than feeling like they're keeping the distance. Sadly Sheff Wed have gone 1-0 up aswell.

The gap is too big to catch up, as much as i'd like to think we could harbour a chance of catching it doesn't look anywhere near probable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:49 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:48 pm

I think i'd prefer Wycombe to win that one. I'd much rather hopes that we'd be able to catch the top two rather than feeling like they're keeping the distance. Sadly Sheff Wed have gone 1-0 up aswell.

The gap is too big to catch up, as much as i'd like to think we could harbour a chance of catching it doesn't look anywhere near probable.
Top two has been out the window completely for a fair while now. Don’t care what happens up there too much. Except if we make the play offs I’d prefer Ipswich to have gone up already as they would be a tough nut in the play offs.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:51 pm

Not a vintage first half and lucky to be one on front rather than level. This stage of the season, I'll take lucky...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:54 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Yeah - not for me, Mar. Maybe Barnsley - 11pts above us at kickoff - are just about catchable, but catching Ipswich (14) and above is so unlikely that in a “six pointer” I’d rather they crushed our rivals.

It’s also a worry when you have a four-way dogfight - more options toward disaster if you slip. Would be very happy to see them all drop off as April develops.

Oh and as BWFCi says - the chief interest in the top four is who we might play in the playoffs, and hoping they’re in disarray.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:01 pm

We need another goal. Exeter would have identified our weakness handling crosses and look to do it on every occasion now. Lets continue possession and as they press us higher, look to counter with Charles and Conner.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:08 pm

Yes, need to push for a second then make a few changes with Monday in mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:51 pm
Not a vintage first half and lucky to be one on front rather than level. This stage of the season, I'll take lucky...
Lucky? I reckon we've had our share of the bad stuff, to say the least...