Pints, Punts and Points. Home v Cambridge United, Easter Monday 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Pints, Punts and Points. Home v Cambridge United, Easter Monday 3-0'clock

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 pm

I think our tempo is often set by Dion, Kacha! Demps and Morley. None of who started. For me Sheehan picks passes but doesn't set tempo..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 pm
I think our tempo is often set by Dion, Kacha! Demps and Morley. None of who started. For me Sheehan picks passes but doesn't set tempo..
And (though not played much recently) sexy Kieran. Why he didn’t start yesterday is beyond me. But I agree tempo is about how we press as well as the runs made.

Wembley all came about because Charles and Kacha worked their absolute balls off and Dempsey profited with the space to make runs into.

Sheehan and Morley then had runners in wing backs and Dempsey to find.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:37 pm

Has MJ played CH at this level before or ever? Just asking.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:34 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:37 pm
We’re the only team he’s played fourth-tier for. He’s played third-tier for four others - Notts County, Swindon, Rochdale, Blackpool - so he may have centre-back experience there (I know he does at Rochdale).

Whether he’s any good or not, I dunno.

Transfermarkt suggests he’s played a few games there over the years: https://www.transfermarkt.us/mj-william ... rainer_id=

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:25 am
People booing that you don;t normally hear and there was a guy in the bogs saying "I see the shite football hasn't improved - They can get fvcked if they think I'm shelling out £25 next time they play"

Just about sums it up. People almost WANTING us to be shit to justify not coming, but then moaning and booing when we don't nice person it on every goal kick. This club has evolved since Big Sam left fella's
Remember that thing I was saying about football fans’ opinions? :D

Sadly it’s often the emptiest vessels that make the most noise. I’m sure nobody was happy with the half but foaming discontent will always outshout hopeful patience - IRL and online.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:34 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:37 pm
We’re the only team he’s played fourth-tier for. He’s played third-tier for four others - Notts County, Swindon, Rochdale, Blackpool - so he may have centre-back experience there (I know he does at Rochdale).

Whether he’s any good or not, I dunno.

Transfermarkt suggests he’s played a few games there over the years: https://www.transfermarkt.us/mj-william ... rainer_id=
Thanks DSB... I certainly feel better Mbete in there than MJ. No comfort saying this though, but in a playoff run in, I am not one for experimenting. I pray no more defenders being injured and that Santos or Toal miraculously recover in a couple weeks. Otherwise, as we all would conclude, our chances of going up greatly diminishes.