Snog, Marry, Avoid: Summer 2023 Transfer Window

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Snog, Marry, Avoid: Summer 2023 Transfer Window

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:13 pm

Lovely stuff Brommers. They're definitely out there.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:09 pm

Good list, Brommers.

Can we sneak Di'Shon Bernard and Ethan Laird out of Utd whilst nobody is looking, please?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:50 pm

Luke Matheson will get some attention on social media. Local lad and regarded as a big talent not long ago. Never kicked on. He's in a position we need.

Taylor Perry is is that pressing attacking mid type. Aggressive and reasonably athletic. For me he's not the level we should be looking at, but you never know.

Lee Harkin is a name I've heard mentioned in connection with the U23s. He's technically very good, but small enough to have to be kept away from Phillip Schofield for his own safety.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:38 pm

https://twitter.com/Official_HUFC/statu ... 3101522945

Nice to see Joel Dixon's managed to get a deal at Hartlepool United. Good luck to him.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Mar wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:38 pm
https://twitter.com/Official_HUFC/statu ... 3101522945

Nice to see Joel Dixon's managed to get a deal at Hartlepool United. Good luck to him.
Good on him, I wish him well. Can't remember whether I said on here or not that that might be a destination for him, although that was when they were Division Four.

Worth noting that they're now non-league again. Further worth noting that two days ago they lost a third goalkeeper of the summer, 35-year-old Kyle Letheren electing to follow Leicester loanee Jakub Stolarczyk and former No.1 Ben Killip through the door marked Outta Here. Their only remaining goalkeeper is a 20-year-old who has yet to sign the contract extension offered.

Good luck, Joel. I wish you no ill.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:45 pm

^^ Yeah. Glad for him.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:02 pm

I'm absolutely delighted he's gone, but I do wish him well. He remained professional, but he was so far off the level required it wasn't even funny after a while. That display against Villa was the killer, for me.

In non-league hopefully he will be able to build a relationship with the fans and enjoy football again. He must have had a torrid time here.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Just reading that two Wigan directors have resigned over non payment of wages. Could be a fair few players looking for pastures new in the coming days.
Whilst no great love for Wigan I do feel for them knowing what we went through with a shyster owner.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:22 pm

Funny that Dixon has ended up at Hartlepool - the error he made there that cost us the PJT game was the last one he made as first choice, Traf was between the sticks after that.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:31 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:02 pm
I'm absolutely delighted he's gone, but I do wish him well. He remained professional, but he was so far off the level required it wasn't even funny after a while. That display against Villa was the killer, for me.

In non-league hopefully he will be able to build a relationship with the fans and enjoy football again. He must have had a torrid time here.
This echoes my sentiments regarding Dixon. There were so many instances of him making basic errors that it stopped being even mildly entertaining, almost as if we were expecting him to make them every time he played.

He could've done well here but there was just that expectation of mistakes that must've rested heavily on his shoulders and he failed to shift the narrative. I suspect he just needed to relax and we'd've seen an okay keeper, but when your previous goalkeeper (Crellin) had made similar mistakes it was evident it was a case of history repeating over and over.

Still, wish him well, he seemed like a good lad, didn't bemoan his situation publicly and was there when called upon. A decent professional, just not the level required.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Quite telling that he's dropped two divisions.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:37 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:34 pm
Quite telling that he's dropped two divisions.
Well, he's secured a future, a less lucrative one no doubt, but he's getting paid for playing football and that must be worth a lot to him. Good luck the man.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:28 pm

Bought my ST for the local National League side earlier this week. I look forward to giving Dicko some grief when the Monkey Hangers turn up next season. 😆
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:14 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:17 pm
Just reading that two Wigan directors have resigned over non payment of wages. Could be a fair few players looking for pastures new in the coming days.
Whilst no great love for Wigan I do feel for them knowing what we went through with a shyster owner.
Update... (source: BBC)
Wigan Athletic's ownership group says a deal has been agreed to sell the League One club to "a new buyer".

The announcement comes on a dramatic day for Wigan, with two directors resigning amid growing concerns about the financial state of the club.

Wigan will start 2023-24 on minus eight points after failures to pay wages.

The new buyer has "committed to resolving all outstanding liabilities at the earliest opportunity", say the current owners.

A statement said that any deal is "subject to EFL approval".

Earlier on Sunday, directors Tom Markham and Oliver Gottmann resigned after funds "promised by the ownership group" that were due to be paid by 2 June had still not materialised.

Their statement said "with no visibility of when funds will arrive", their position was untenable.

This means of the initial board of directors put in place when the club exited administration in 2021, only chairman Talal Al Hammad remains.

Manager Shaun Maloney, who is known to be hugely concerned about the situation, was given assurances over funding by Al Hammad and Wigan's ultimate owner Abdulrahman Al-Jasmi during face-to-face talks in Bahrain last month.

With money owed to HMRC, there was a growing feeling a winding-up petition could be issued in a bid for find out whether the owners are willing to continue funding the club, with the emergence of a buyer at the last minute set to stave off that scenario.

In 2020, Wigan were put into administration by owners who refused to invest any more money into a club that, like many in the English Football League, loses money.

There were fears Wigan might go out of business again and on Friday, fans called for Wigan's current owners to sell the club.

It looks like their wish may have been granted, with "further updates" on the sale process to "follow in due course".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:22 am

Here is a link. The illustrious (or not) football insider is linking us with AFC Wimbledon midfielder Ethan Chislett.

Out of contract but being offered terms by the Wombles.

We are linked along with Wycombe and Portsmouth.

Sounds like agent splat attack to me but who knows?

Never heard of the fella but I know some on here will have.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:48 am

I did a quick search - I don't think in the reams and reams of suggested names, he's ever had a mention...Who knows!

Apparently his main position is RW. So dunno if it's the whole put a RW at RWB thingy...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:48 am
I did a quick search - I don't think in the reams and reams of suggested names, he's ever had a mention...Who knows!

Apparently his main position is RW. So dunno if it's the whole put a RW at RWB thingy...
Transfermarkt has him down as mainly playing 'attacking midfield' which is basically a number 10 in our system....on their positional heat map at least...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:08 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:48 am

Transfermarkt has him down as mainly playing 'attacking midfield' which is basically a number 10 in our system....on their positional heat map at least...
Yeah - certainly what I peeked at said he could play across the MF...Dunno...

Whoscored has him all ower the shop. 13 games MC, 13 attacking MF right, 5 Attacking MF left, 4 MF right, 4 MF left

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:05 pm

Can he Chislett? Yes, Ethan.

I have nothing more to offer.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:17 pm

Chislett will be on anyone's bargain 11, I'd imagine. 14 goal involvements (11 goals and 3 assists) last season on a free will be very attractive without any detail work having been done. He's a very Evatty midfielder - hard working, technically sound and picks up space well.

No idea if it's a real link, but could see it.

It's just nice to have another rumour knocking about. The fact it's a wombles player make it immediately believable.