Oh to be in Bolton....At Home to Carlisle United , Sat 7th Sept. 3-o'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Oh to be in Bolton....At Home to Carlisle United , Sat 7th Sept. 3-o'clock.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Thought Sheehan put a shift in. Thomasson was doing, but he was shite. Dacres Cogley and Baxter turned up as well. But the rest were abysmal. Especially the subs, fecking hell I don’t think we’ve ever had a bench as poor as this. I’d have Shaun miller back over all three of those carthorses on the bench.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:39 pm

Just got back in. Feckin hell! What a sh1te result that is!
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:43 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:39 pm
Just got back in. Feckin hell! What a sh1te result that is!
You're going to need a portable kettle my friend.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:51 pm

We are being completely outfought in midfield and the only player in there putting something close to a shit in is taken off for Morley who looks like it’s hard work to get up off the bench let alone actually do some graft.

I’m sick of it. 7 points off the top two. And Evatt will wheel out all the excuses in the book. But we’ve been beaten on aggregate 7-1 at home to Wigan and Carlisle. Let that sink in Evatt. That’s what you’ve built. A team that makes me want to do anything but go week in week out because I know the next humiliation where we can’t be bothered will be just round the corner.

Carlisles performance is a template. Their energy levels, fight, physical effort and sheer tenacity is the bare minimum the bare minimum we must hit every game now. Every game. No ifs, no buts no maybes. I’m sick of physically weak displays letting average teams steamroll through us because Sheehan has no bottle, Morley can’t be bothered and Dempsey is completely ineffective and a passenger.

Sick. Then we get to the forward signings and Evatt needs to apologise. Just front up and admit what is now unavoidable. He’s made some atrocious signings. He simply will have to wait till January to fix it. But there is no debate. There are abysmal players he’s signed up there. Abysmal.

And we have two wing backs who can’t play every game. And no back up. Ashworth? Do me a favour.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:55 pm

Walked the dog. Hasn't worked. Still angry, or rather fearful.

It's not this match in isolation. I rarely buy the pearl-clutching "lack of effort" thing - it's not the way we play - and on one level this was just a freakish result where we lost to a penalty (one of two!), massive deflection and then weird breakaway goal. With coldly analytical eyes we didn't deserve to lose 3-1, although we didn't deserve to win either.

What worries me is the bigger picture. I might save that for a different thread, because I did say I'd reserve judgement on this season's start until after 10 games, which then became this international break. But in short: I'm not sure we're much better than last season. I'm not 100% confident we're *any* better.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:05 pm
Sack all of them. No battle. No fight. It’s why we won’t go up. Attitude. Too many with not enough fight, scrap. Evatt with the suicide subs too.

They don’t represent what I want or expect.

Bolton is a working town that has a team that at the very least always fights. This team doesn’t. It’s not something I enjoy. It’s soft. It’s predictable.

You can always see it coming.

Fair play to Carlisle. Did their fans proud. A real shift. Every player fought every inch. 3-1 flatters us not them. But for Baxter could easily have been 6.

We are full of shirkers. When it gets tough, they shirk. Again and again.

Disgraceful. Had enough. I want a proper team that you can rely on to at the very least put a shift in game after game. This isn’t it.
Brilliant!
Who are you going to support from now on then?

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:08 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm
Thanks ref. Might stop him diving. Stupidity.
Yup. He had a right mard on from the first minute and spent most of the game arguing with someone.
Not his greatest game for us....

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:11 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sack all of them. No battle. No fight. It’s why we won’t go up. Attitude. Too many with not enough fight, scrap. Evatt with the suicide subs too.

Bolton is a working town that has a team that at the very least always fights. This team doesn’t. It’s not something I enjoy. It’s soft. It’s predictable.

Fair play to Carlisle. Did their fans proud. A real shift. Every player fought every inch. 3-1 flatters us not them. But for Baxter could easily have been 6.

Disgraceful. Had enough. I want a proper team that you can rely on to at the very least put a shift in game after game. This isn’t it.
Brilliant!
We all know its bluster after supporting the team through the post Lennon years.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 pm

We've played the current bottom six.

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 3
GF 9
GA 11

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:21 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Brilliant!
Being sick of the abject failure being served up and having had enough of losing 7-1 at home to two poor teams who simply wanted it more doesn’t make you a non fan.

I will hopefully be here long after this utter shower have departed. The fans have been absolutely brilliant again.

Shame the players and manager can’t show the same sort of dedication and effort. We are the club, they are all incredibly lucky to be here. Incredibly lucky.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:23 pm

I will say, this team is set up to play one way and one way only so I doubt anyone could do much better.

Huge January needed. Until then it'll be rocky.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 3
GF 9
GA 11
Grim, though Wigan aren’t bottom 6 material.

We’ve got some tough games between now and Christmas - if we’re outside the play offs before January there’s plenty of owners who would change the manager, given we were favourites.

For me the aim was promotion.
We’ve no hope of top.
We’re about 2/3 defeats between now and January of having no hope of autos.
So it’s play offs at best. Then a 1 in 4 chance (if we make it).

If we don’t make the play offs he has to go… this league is a lot weaker than last season and next seasons will be a lot stronger.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:55 pm
Walked the dog. Hasn't worked. Still angry, or rather fearful.

It's not this match in isolation. I rarely buy the pearl-clutching "lack of effort" thing - it's not the way we play - and on one level this was just a freakish result where we lost to a penalty (one of two!), massive deflection and then weird breakaway goal. With coldly analytical eyes we didn't deserve to lose 3-1, although we didn't deserve to win either.

What worries me is the bigger picture. I might save that for a different thread, because I did say I'd reserve judgement on this season's start until after 10 games, which then became this international break. But in short: I'm not sure we're much better than last season. I'm not 100% confident we're *any* better.
Baxter pulled off a string of unbelievable saves. At 11 they had two ( at least) absolute golden chances that were nailed on and he saved them. Saved a penalty too and made a very good save end of first half.

3-1 I’d say probably doesn’t reflect the game, could easily have been 5 or 6. They created chance after chance. Missed a penalty.

Did their keeper have a meaningful save to make?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 3
GF 9
GA 11
Grim, though Wigan aren’t bottom 6 material.

We’ve got some tough games between now and Christmas - if we’re outside the play offs before January there’s plenty of owners who would change the manager, given we were favourites.

For me the aim was promotion.
We’ve no hope of top.
We’re about 2/3 defeats between now and January of having no hope of autos.
So it’s play offs at best. Then a 1 in 4 chance (if we make it).

If we don’t make the play offs he has to go… this league is a lot weaker than last season and next seasons will be a lot stronger.
Look at their results. They beg to differ.

We just did the usual of letting any average side who has some physicality and fight roll us over.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:49 pm

Mate that was literally the only positive of that post the rest surely made you nod your head 😂

Whatever you do, don’t read the utter shite Evatt has trotted out after the game, I was just calming down! What a wanker!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:11 pm

Apparently it’s too tiring. Carlisle were unchanged from Tuesday night. We had one fresh player in.

Evatt really needs to stop looking for excuses and look in the mirror. It’s on him. The same failings as last season and the season before. Weak midfield. Not enough quality up front. Winning games with wing backs flogging themselves into the ground.

None of the major issues have been addressed regardless if injuries. We needed two big hard running physical midfield players. Proper, genuine wing back cover and strikers who can add something not subtract from it off the bench.

He’s failed on every count. Every single thing required, is today, still required.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:12 pm

I still can’t quite get my head around our summer transfer business. It started off well with the free signings of Baxter and Dacres-Cogley. But we then either missed out on a lot of targets or were very complacent, deciding to pretty much go with what we had.

Why did we not sign another RWB after the Kane Wilson deal fell through? Pure arrogance or stupidity to think JDC could play pretty much every minute of the season.

LWB as well. Evatt clearly didn’t fancy Sadlier or John to back up Williams this season which is fair enough, I agree with him there, but then why not sign another proper LWB to compete with Randy (and not just a 20 year old defensive full back from West Brom)?

It was clear last season that we needed more defensive solidity and athleticism in midfield (i.e and upgrade on MJ) why was this completely neglected, leaving us with the booking magnet that is George Thomason as our only true DM?

…and finally don’t get me started on Nlundulu, horrendous business, even if we’d got him on a free. But £300k?! Jesus wept

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:17 pm

Don’t forget we let John and Sadlier exit, for nowt, without bothering to replace them. Whether they were the answer or not, he can get to feck complaining about a tired squad now. The wanker!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:22 pm

It's the same issues we've been worrying about for 2 seasons now. Wilt against anything remotely physical and persist in this walking slowly towards the opposition goal while they get all 11 back and then being surprised that we can't break them down.

We've actually added to that problem this season though. Teams that can properly counter attack just wait for us to amble up and then break on us. Stevenage in midweek frequently had 2 on 2 against us. Today we offered nothing, zero threat, creativity or shots.

We've got to stop this rot quickly. Really quickly.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:27 pm

I normally don't swear, lose my rag or hear bad words about Bolton. Normally.

Today,............what a clueless fxcking shambles of a display against a side propping the league up. PATHETIC. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?