Seconds out, Round Four. V Blackpool away Tues, 30th Jan. 7-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Seconds out, Round Four. V Blackpool away Tues, 30th Jan. 7-0'clock.

Post by Mar » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:58 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 am
Mar wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:07 am
If I were Charles, or any other player for that matter that was really keen on getting to Wembley again, and you see Jerome starting ahead of you in a 'must-win' game, you'd be cutting a frustrated figure.
Yeah, but they take shit from both sides here.

Starting first teamers? Why are you risking injuries?

Not starting first teamers? This was a pivotal game!
Totally get your argument, and i'm not saying Evatt was wrong in doing it either. He's built a squad and needs to rely upon all members of that squad throughout the season. I'm sure it'll be pre-explained in terms of strategic approach when signing players so they know what their job is and where they fit in.

He's got to keep them all on board in order to get us progressing in the league.

If you compare to last season when we had a similarly tough match to play against Portsmouth, he went with 5 changes (with Santos, Sadlier, Beck, Sheehan, Kachunga coming in for Aimson, Bradley, Randell, Lee, Morley), yesterday we had 8 changes (with Bod, Jerome, CMG, Ogbeta, Morley, Thomason, Ramsay, Coleman coming in for Vic, Charles, Maghoma, Dempsey, Ashworth, Cogley, Sheehan).

For me, Evatt's not gone out to win that game, he's set out to keep the squad fresh and he's gone out hoping we can win and you can see it in terms of how much the performance dropped. Again, right decision or wrong decision, time will tell.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:14 am

Mar wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:58 am
For me, Evatt's not gone out to win that game, he's set out to keep the squad fresh and he's gone out hoping we can win and you can see it in terms of how much the performance dropped. Again, right decision or wrong decision, time will tell.
I agree he's not treated it as a "must win."

I do think he's made every effort to win it with the lads he put out and we were alright until we had to completely cobble together the defence. Not great, but better than them, Once we ended up with players all over the show they took control until the last 10, when we should have won it.

It is what it is.

I can tell you how much I hate to lose, but I can accept it when it's explicable. I think that loss makes sense.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:21 am

At the end of the day, we played against one of the better teams in the league, with an exceptional home record and really, based on chances, should have won the game.

No criticism coning from my way
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 am

Now he fog of disappointment has cleared, reality time:

The Boss man is singing opera, but we're playing rap and pop despite being bundled out of two cups (one admittedly after playing well) and needs to whisper in a few ears to remind them of the words. I'm expecting Barnsley to be a bit tougher than candy-floss.

Football needs to take a look at itself re-foul rules. It's become a joke when you can drag the shirt off a blokes back or brazenly two-hand shove him off the ball and get away with it. Referees are as consistent as the weather and need a few things clarifying.

Thank you and good morning from me, and good morning from him.... :spank: .................. :D

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?