Pirates but not from Penzance. Away to Bristol Sat 6th Apr. 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Pirates but not from Penzance. Away to Bristol Sat 6th Apr. 3-0'clock

Post by dave the minion » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm

Thought that was a great 3 points. Nervy at times, and lack of quality at others, but never felt the result was in doubt.

I think Coleman has been a superb stand-in, but Baxter back with a bang.

Absolutely love Jerome - such a professional and never lets us down. His minutes for us are limited, but he is so effective at the role he's asked to do for us. Classy player

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm

oh, and thanks (as always) for the seat on the couch...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:10 pm

Three home games left and a tough away one to finish. We'll really need a different game plane against Portsmouth next week, because if we give them the space at the back we've been doing lately, they'll rip us apart. We didn't really cause much threat up front today, but some of that was because the ref let havoc rule the roost and some kamikaze defending by the Pirates. Be honest, that wasn't Championship level football from us. How they played is immaterial, it's our game that matters.

Was Charles anywhere in sight today? His absence is causing me a little twitch of concern. Hope I'm wrong.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:12 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm
oh, and thanks (as always) for the seat on the couch...
Seconded as ever. Cheers D.J.B. :oyea:

ae:) ae:)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:49 pm

Always a pleasure.

It may make an appearance on Wednesday night.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 pm

Professional performance today, get the job done three points in the bag and move on.
The importance of next week cannot be underestimated, win and I truly fancy us to grab second place.
If we do end up in the play offs , looking at the other teams, I fear no one and would be confident of promotion.
On a separate note hope BWFCi is OK, I miss his posts.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:10 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 pm
Professional performance today, get the job done three points in the bag and move on.
The importance of next week cannot be underestimated, win and I truly fancy us to grab second place.
If we do end up in the play offs , looking at the other teams, I fear no one and would be confident of promotion.

Not been on here for a few weeks: what's happened with Insane? Hope all is well.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:12 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
I received a PM from him last week with a request to deactivate his account.

No reason given.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:24 pm

Blimey. Hope he comes back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:29 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:12 pm

No reason given.
[/quote]

I'm surprised he's left here as things are much as they always are and he's been here a long time. Strange..???

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 am

DJBlu wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:

No reason given.
His last Post was attacked by a member of this Forum. Nothing new, but I believe he took this attack personally. Haven't seen him post since. Hope he does come back. He loves this club from what I have seen over the years. I do enjoy his postings. He is very knowledgeable, The Forum is not the same without him.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:07 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 am
DJBlu wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:

No reason given.
His last Post was attacked by a member of this Forum. Nothing new, but I believe he took this attack personally. Haven't seen him post since. Hope he does come back. He loves this club from what I have seen over the years. I do enjoy his postings. He is very knowledgeable, The Forum is not the same without him.
Is that my reply you are referring to Irie?

If it is then apologies if its come across as an attack. Wasn't intended as such but more to highlight how his opinions are seemingly based upon feelings as opposed to quantifiable metrics.

I certainly think the board is a better place for having a wide variety of views on topics. His views were certainly provocative but I thought they brought a lot of discussion. It'll be a shame if he stops posting.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:36 am

There’s no bigger Bolton fan on here than him…hope he will be back.

Not seen anything of yesterday - cracking result. Love a chipped finish so that first goal is a thing of beauty.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:52 am

DJBlu wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:

No reason given.
That's a pity. Always interesting, if not always in agreement. :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:49 am

For every Yin there's a Yang; every opinion has value even if we don't agree. Come back Insaney, the club is the reason any of us are here and you undoubtedly love it.

ae:) ae:)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:16 pm

Just watched the highlights again and that save by Baxter before we scored is awesome.

I do like to hope that Coleman would've done the same. The difference for me was when there was some panic at the back, it remaijed with the defenders. Baxter is such a calm head, almost like the safety net for a tight rope walker.

If we can keep the sheets clean and soak the opposition with our water pistols then we might, just might have enough.

Another small side is in the two games without Jones I don't think I've seen any complaining or blame.

COYWM!!!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 pm

Mar wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:07 am
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 am
DJBlu wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:

No reason given.
Is that my reply you are referring to Irie?

If it is then apologies if its come across as an attack. Wasn't intended as such but more to highlight how his opinions are seemingly based upon feelings as opposed to quantifiable metrics.

I certainly think the board is a better place for having a wide variety of views on topics. His views were certainly provocative but I thought they brought a lot of discussion. It'll be a shame if he stops posting.
It wasnt you Mar and I wont say who. The person knows themselves and when I read it at the time, I thought it was "bad tackle..over the top". Everyone has an opinion and will disagree many times, but no need for personal attacks here.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:08 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:16 pm
Just watched the highlights again and that save by Baxter before we scored is awesome.

I do like to hope that Coleman would've done the same. The difference for me was when there was some panic at the back, it remaijed with the defenders. Baxter is such a calm head, almost like the safety net for a tight rope walker.

If we can keep the sheets clean and soak the opposition with our water pistols then we might, just might have enough.

Another small side is in the two games without Jones I don't think I've seen any complaining or blame.

COYWM!!!
I’d say we’ve got the best keeper in the league for the second season running.

Great to have Baxter back for the run in, but let’s hope those knocks picked up by the other two core members of our spine don’t prove to be anything more serious.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:14 pm

There was one moment in the second half where a shot went just past the left hand post (as viewed on tv) and I couldn't make out wether Baxter was confident it was wide or he just couldn't get anywhere near it.
I would agree with Gun we have the best keeper in the league, interestingly I notice Traf has been dropped recently by Burnley.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:41 pm

If anyone has any issues then there are report buttons on every post that is made in these forums. If you feel anyone has stepped over the line then please do report it as I haven't got the time to read everything that is posted.

I know it can get heated at times and emotions sometimes push us beyond rational thought but please do try and take a moment to think about the individual we are responding to.

Everyone on here has kept me entertained for near on 20 years now and I think of you all as our super crazy bunch.

If anybody has any issues then I can put a boxing ring in with the couch and we can all watch!