Sam Allardyce - Stay or Go?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Stay or Go?

Stay
82%
Go
18%

Total votes: 119

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Sam Allardyce - Bungs My Arse!
now there's a headline - I hope you've got proof (in the form of a sore bottom??)

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 pm

keveh wrote:
Papa Shango wrote:Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.
Such a shame you'll be disappointed when you realise thats impossible.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Papa Shango wrote:You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.
Welcome nobby, always nice to meet a new face!

Point of fact - it is impossible for both teams to lose. Do yourself a favour and look up the rules of the game before you come play with the big boys.
Businesswoman of the year.

Papa Shango
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Papa Shango » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Papa Shango wrote:You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.

Point of fact - it is impossible for both teams to lose. Do yourself a favour and look up the rules of the game before you come play with the big boys.
Did you not ever think I might have been joking slightly when I made that comment.
Big Sam- Guilty

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:27 pm

thebish wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Sam Allardyce - Bungs My Arse!
now there's a headline - I hope you've got proof (in the form of a sore bottom??)
Unfortunately not, but I have heard that the next panorama expose, is going to be outting premiership managers who use rent boys.

Could be a good headline for that show :shock:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm

first come first served for this avatar:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Papa Shango wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Did you not ever think I might have been joking slightly when I made that comment.
Ahhh! It was a joke, I didn't get it. :lol:
You should do stand up mate! I bet Peter Kay is shitting himself with jokers like you on the scene!

I see you've still not had the guts to come out and inform us what team you support yet.....I'll not hold my breath.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:30 pm

Here's a head-screwed-on-response....

http://www.squarefootball.net/article/b ... p?bid=1659

Papa Shango
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Papa Shango » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
Big Sam- Guilty

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Papa Shango wrote:I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
Its really very sad when you have to come on another clubs forums though to chat about there club?

:Jedi: Fightin talk!!

Also I blame you for having this ridiculous mullet!! It all started when I moved to your shit club!

Bring back woodward!!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:39 pm

Papa Shango wrote:I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
i reckon they all take bungs, who wouldn't? it just appears Allardyce has been caught - or not as the evidence in the programme suggests.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Big Sam has taken us from a Championship club to a Premiership side by signing cheap players. Whatever he has done doesn't change the fact that he has done a bloody good job at Bolton and for that sole reason I want him to stay. Big Sam = Legend!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 pm

There should be a don't know vote...

I'm personally undecided whether he should stay or go..

There is normally no smoke without fire, and mud sticks regardless of the truth...so I will wait and see.

Watching last night it looked like it was a total witch hunt against BWFC, and I'd love to know why the BBC dislike us so much, but I still keep thinking that they must have some other evidence ?..but IMO it has greatly tarnished the reputation of BWFC.

I'm not sure how BWFC will recover from this, while Sam is still manager the football world will be suspicious of all our transfer dealings, that is if anyone will now deal with us or actually want to play for us. Regarding Sam taking legal action, he had to otherwise it would have been a admission of guilt. The only way BWFC will move on from this quickly is for Sam to actually win his legal case..anything less will continue to have an effect on the club.

I expected every man and his dog to be condeming Bolton today, but it seems that its had a mixed reaction, and it seems that Sam is actually getting some support outside of Bolton. However, our clubs reputation is tarnished regardless of any legal outcome
and for that I am angry with both the BBC & Sam (for allowing his son to have anything to do with BWFC, that was plain stupidity)

Finally though in the short term I hope that it doesn't distract Sam from his job (like the England job speculation did) - because we need to somehow quickly get the feel good factor back at Bolton after the last few weeks...and that can really only be achieved on the pitch, hopefully the players will rally round Sam and start playing out of their skins ?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:32 pm

I think the whole Sam and Craig relationship has been blown out of proportion in all honesty. Fergie's relationship with his son (also an Agent) doesn't seem to have detracted from his stewardship of Man Urinal.

So why should it at Bowton?
Smarties have answers.....

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Here Here Bench. BTW. Who are the daft 16? I mean Samhater, and a couple of other well reasoned people who expressed their feelings BEFORE the show are one thing.

16? Come on here and justify your vote.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:36 pm

Its also gratifying to see that we're getting support from other quarters.....

http://www.afc4life.co.uk/2006/09/20/bb ... yet-again/

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:37 pm

communistworkethic wrote:tal b h
nakata
al habsi

this is taking the piss, this is not an investigation in to bungs in football. It's about targetting us. This is a one club show.

fecking joke!!
And if those are the alleged brown envelope transfers then we'd nothing to worry about - Tal has been a revelation, Al-Habsi has got plenty of potential as far as I can see and Nakata gave us the opporunity to see attractive Oriental women at the Reebok.

As far as I'm concerned, he's innocent until proven guilty. If they can prove his guilt, then so be it, but it will not sour my view of him or his achievements for our football club.

OH SAMMY, SAMMY...
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:37 pm

Bench - surely after last night Craig Allardyce can not seriously be defended by any Bolton fans - Sam yes but his Son no way (it was only a matter of time before someone looked into the SA/CA situation)

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Bench - surely after last night Craig Allardyce can not seriously be defended by any Bolton fans - Sam yes but his Son no way (it was only a matter of time before someone looked into the SA/CA situation)
I'm not saying that Craig should be defended. How can you defend someone who's only crime is being a muppet?

I'm just saying that many have commented that it was unprofessional in that Big Sam worked with his son in some transfer dealings. I was merely pointing out that this has happened before (and actually it was a hell of a lot worse!) and no shame has been cast on the manager since that revelation.

At the end of the day Big Sam is our man. That's where our discussion should start and end. Who care's if Craig was a prat?

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm

I think we all agree Craig is a prat. Hence the thread about him. He shpuld make a tearful apology and be banned from the reebok as was suggested elsewhere.