Sam Allardyce - Stay or Go?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Stay or Go?

Stay
82%
Go
18%

Total votes: 119

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:44 pm

americantrotter wrote:Here Here Bench. BTW. Who are the daft 16? I mean Samhater, and a couple of other well reasoned people who expressed their feelings BEFORE the show are one thing.

16? Come on here and justify your vote.

these 16 are the sort of idiots our club has attracted in recent years

Sam is 100% innocent i am positive , yet these people wont come on here and admit they were wrong will they when its proven.

gits
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:46 pm

AT - I don't mind admitting that I voted for SA to go but only if proven guilty...I seriously hope that he forces the BBC into a grovelling apology but if (big if) he is proven guilty IMO he has to go

Thats why i said there should have been a don't know vote !

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:47 pm

That's all I ask PT, I think many of the 16 voted and lurked.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:48 pm

Bench wrote:I think the whole Sam and Craig relationship has been blown out of proportion in all honesty. Fergie's relationship with his son (also an Agent) doesn't seem to have detracted from his stewardship of Man Urinal.

So why should it at Bowton?
And let's not forget that Sir Alex's son was the subject of very similar allegations not too long ago - maybe the BBC truly do have it in for us, or am I just being paranoid?
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Most of Bolton seems to agree with the majority here, I was in town today and must have seen at least 50 different people wearing Bolton jerseys.

I'd have worn mine if I hadn't effin ripped it.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Marshall wrote:Most of Bolton seems to agree with the majority here, I was in town today and must have seen at least 50 different people wearing Bolton jerseys.

I'd have worn mine if I hadn't effin ripped it.
Spotted a few in Wigan as well today which is always great to see!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:21 pm

Stay of course. No doubt about it. Sam is a legend.

However, the same may not apply if he is proven guilty (which i doubt he will be anyway).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:38 pm

To Lord of the Dance:

Sam,Sam, whatever you may be
We're all behind you as is plain to see
Get on with the job and we'll make top three
And fxxx Panorama and the BBC. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:12 pm

Nice one Tango!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:To Lord of the Dance:

Sam,Sam, whatever you may be
We're all behind you as is plain to see
Get on with the job and we'll make top three
And fxxx Panorama and the BBC. :mrgreen:
Top notch Tango - the challenge is to now get it going on Monday night, and even more so against the Scouse!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:59 pm

or you could have the much simpler..

oh the BBC
is full of shit
the BBC is full of shit
it's full of shit, shit and more shit
the BBC is full of shit
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Papa Shango wrote:I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
fecking clown.

PEople who read the sun and believe third rate speculation because i was on tv are the biggest jokers of them all. People like you....the world would be so much better if we could get rid of the low IQ's...I'd have you quarantined pal.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 pm

officer_dibble wrote: because i was on tv
Are you Craig?? :shock:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:23 pm

i/it...all the same really

!!!!

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:30 pm

Stunning pic, where from?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:40 pm

norm the jedi wrote:Stunning pic, where from?
Well, it aint one of yours :D
Sto ut Serviam

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:04 am

norm the jedi wrote:Stunning pic, where from?
The imagebank on this page:

http://www.englandsnorthwest.com/
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:14 am

americantrotter wrote:That's all I ask PT, I think many of the 16 voted and lurked.
I suspect most of them like jet1 and papa found the site while searching t'internet for reactions of the Bolton fans after the program, saw the vote, registered and voted 'Go' because they were taken in by the flimsy sensationalist reporting by the BBC. I'm curious to see if the admins can see how many of the of the 'Go' votes were by new users joining after the "documentary" (and I use that word lightly) aired. Not naming names though, we don't want to end up sounding like the beeb :P

No, before you notice the '1' post and go 'aaahhhh but...', I've been a member a while, I just don't say much :wink:
Papa Shango wrote:You Bolton fans really are stupid if you seriously believe Allardyce isn't on the take. He's a c*nt and should be kicked out of football forever. The only reason you're defending him is because he's your manager. If it was anyone else I guarentee you would all believe it.

Look forward to watching the battle of the bungs next Monday. I hope both teams lose.
I'll defend Redknapp as well even though I don't like him or Pompey, because the "documentary" was a pile of cack. I might as well have watched a Fox News report on how all Muslims are Terrorists, if I had a choice in the matter I'd stop paying the license fee and not watch BBC again, oh wait........that would be illegal........hmmm, actually maybe there should be an enquiry...except not into football. :?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:04 am

cowdrill wrote:
americantrotter wrote:Here Here Bench. BTW. Who are the daft 16? I mean Samhater, and a couple of other well reasoned people who expressed their feelings BEFORE the show are one thing.

16? Come on here and justify your vote.
these 16 are the sort of idiots our club has attracted in recent years

Sam is 100% innocent i am positive , yet these people wont come on here and admit they were wrong will they when its proven.

gits
I'm sure that people will have realised from my posts that I voted for Sam to go. As I've said before no one is bigger than the Club and I don't like anyone bringing Bolton into disrespect, even if he is our Manager. I'm also not a Johnny come lately having supported the Club since 1953 and I'm definitely not a git, in fact I'm a fanatical supporter.

Perhaps I am too negative but I don't believe that many people are clean in football. There are too many past cases and current rumours, etc about bungs, illegal betting, bribary of officials, taping up of players, etc, etc for the game to be concidered clean. There is just too much money around and the temptation must be too great for many.

Sam may or may not be guilty or be worse than the rest, and the very biased reporting by the BBC and the very flimsy evidence that they broadcast give no justification for him to being singled out. I said in one of my earlier messages before the programme that I was concerned that the big Clubs would "get away with it" and the BBC would go for the small clubs, but I didn't expect them to concentrate on MY CLUB!!!!!

Unfortunately for many I am not a stary eyed worshiper of anyone especially Sam, yes he has done well for my Club and has helped to get us into a very good financial and footballing position. But he is not a God, and after my contact with him in Thailand August last year my view of him will for ever be as an arrogant, self centred and egocentric individual who's head has grown much too big for his boots (if that was possible), for the way in which he treated some loyal fans who had travelled to Thailand to watch our beloved team. A personal view from what I saw and the way I was treated.

In short anyone who in my opion has brought Bolton into disrespect should go, this latest episode was the last straw for me, whether he is found guilty or not.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:31 am

FaninOz wrote: I'm also not a Johnny come lately having supported the Club since 1953
BANDWAGGON JUMPER!!!!!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house