Sam Allardyce - Stay or Go?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Stay or Go?

Stay
82%
Go
18%

Total votes: 119

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:55 am

FaninOz wrote:
cowdrill wrote:
americantrotter wrote:Here Here Bench. BTW. Who are the daft 16? I mean Samhater, and a couple of other well reasoned people who expressed their feelings BEFORE the show are one thing.

16? Come on here and justify your vote.
these 16 are the sort of idiots our club has attracted in recent years

Sam is 100% innocent i am positive , yet these people wont come on here and admit they were wrong will they when its proven.

gits
I'm sure that people will have realised from my posts that I voted for Sam to go. As I've said before no one is bigger than the Club and I don't like anyone bringing Bolton into disrespect, even if he is our Manager. I'm also not a Johnny come lately having supported the Club since 1953 and I'm definitely not a git, in fact I'm a fanatical supporter.

Perhaps I am too negative but I don't believe that many people are clean in football. There are too many past cases and current rumours, etc about bungs, illegal betting, bribary of officials, taping up of players, etc, etc for the game to be concidered clean. There is just too much money around and the temptation must be too great for many.

Sam may or may not be guilty or be worse than the rest, and the very biased reporting by the BBC and the very flimsy evidence that they broadcast give no justification for him to being singled out. I said in one of my earlier messages before the programme that I was concerned that the big Clubs would "get away with it" and the BBC would go for the small clubs, but I didn't expect them to concentrate on MY CLUB!!!!!

Unfortunately for many I am not a stary eyed worshiper of anyone especially Sam, yes he has done well for my Club and has helped to get us into a very good financial and footballing position. But he is not a God, and after my contact with him in Thailand August last year my view of him will for ever be as an arrogant, self centred and egocentric individual who's head has grown much too big for his boots (if that was possible), for the way in which he treated some loyal fans who had travelled to Thailand to watch our beloved team. A personal view from what I saw and the way I was treated.

In short anyone who in my opion has brought Bolton into disrespect should go, this latest episode was the last straw for me, whether he is found guilty or not.
As a fan, I am very surprised to see that you have that opinion Faninoz. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? This is, for whatever reason, a hate campaign of the highest order commissioned by the ever-so-impartial BBC. I can't see it any other way, such is the lack of any detailed or substantial evidence to prove their case. Therefore, because of this - why should Sam hang up his sheepskin coat?

How has he 'brought Bolton into disrespect'? (disrepute?) If its ever proven that Big Sam has had 'dodgy dealings' in the past then I may, just may mind you, go along with what you're saying. Not until then. Three/Four of the shadiest characters in football have villified Big Sam as someone willing to take a bung, but only on the basis that the 'mole' was willing to give obscene wads of cash to get in with 'corrupt Premiership manager'. Who knows what else was said in the rest of the interview that only made it as far as the floor of the editorial suite?

No. We stick together on this. Big Sam is one of ours. End of - I do not see how he has done us so wrong. I am thankful that he has such a good relationship with PG. Any lesser Chairman (Ellis?) would have sacked him by now to save his own skin.
Smarties have answers.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:55 am

norm the jedi wrote:Stunning pic, where from?
Sorry yeah its a belter aint it. EnglandsNorthWest.com...looks even better now veryone has put our not-so aesthetically pleasing manager on as their avatars...!!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Papa Shango wrote:I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
fecking clown.

PEople who read the sun and believe third rate speculation because i was on tv are the biggest jokers of them all. People like you....the world would be so much better if we could get rid of the low IQ's...I'd have you quarantined pal.
What the fecks the Sun got do with owt? Its often pro - Bolton and Sam. Infact today’s gives Sam the back page and inside back page to put his side across with the headline “Where’s Your Proof?”. It’s the stuck up media that has a problem with us – the Guardian and BBC as has been shown.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:07 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Papa Shango wrote:I'm a Southampton fan, so I really don't have anything against Bolton. People who think Allardyce doesn't take bungs are the biggest jokers of them all.
fecking clown.

PEople who read the sun and believe third rate speculation because i was on tv are the biggest jokers of them all. People like you....the world would be so much better if we could get rid of the low IQ's...I'd have you quarantined pal.
What the fecks the Sun got do with owt? Its often pro - Bolton and Sam. Infact today’s gives Sam the back page and inside back page to put his side across with the headline “Where’s Your Proof?”. It’s the stuck up media that has a problem with us – the Guardian and BBC as has been shown.
because its a tabloid - was using a much 'loved' example...I could of (and probably should of given there past - anyone remember the Ruud Gullit incident?) used the Daily Mirror...

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:19 am

I'm intrigued as to the previous episodes in which Sam has brought the club in to disrespect [sic]? Given FIO says this is the last straw, what's he done before this, not that he has done anything?

In fact, if there was one person in the Panorama show who didn't bring the club in to disrepute it was Allardyce. It was only ever alleged that he had taken actions that would bring the club in to disrepute.

I would hope that that you saw someone convicted before you damned him, maybe you've been in Australia too long and all that sun has gotten to you.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:35 am

communistworkethic wrote:I'm intrigued as to the previous episodes in which Sam has brought the club in to disrespect [sic]? Given FIO says this is the last straw, what's he done before this, not that he has done anything?

In fact, if there was one person in the Panorama show who didn't bring the club in to disrepute it was Allardyce. It was only ever alleged that he had taken actions that would bring the club in to disrepute.

I would hope that that you saw someone convicted before you damned him, maybe you've been in Australia too long and all that sun has gotten to you.
Yes indeed. Although I'm not always enthused by Sam's media presence (espcially his comments vis a vis his own fans being ignorant and stupid) he has certainly never come close to bringing the club into disrepute. On the contrary, he has always represented the club impeccably.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sorry yeah its a belter aint it. EnglandsNorthWest.com...looks even better now veryone has put our not-so aesthetically pleasing manager on as their avatars...!!
:D

It's called solidarity!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:29 pm

Bench wrote:No. We stick together on this. Big Sam is one of ours. End of - I do not see how he has done us so wrong. I am thankful that he has such a good relationship with PG. Any lesser Chairman (Ellis?) would have sacked him by now to save his own skin.
I agree with your general sentiments, Bench, but FiO is merely stating his own feelings in reaction to being abused for taking part in a poll thread. He has the right to disagree with the majority, just as much as you have the right to disagree with him. Else it's not much of a discussion and the poll should be reduced to one option :wink:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:37 pm

americantrotter wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
:D

It's called solidarity!
it's called ugly :P

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:38 pm

My Mum thinks Big Sam is handsome! She is also a big SKD fan.

I dont think he's a model or anything, but he's a man's man.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:46 pm

americantrotter wrote:My Mum thinks Big Sam is handsome! She is also a big SKD fan.

With this type of truly relevant intervention, :roll: I can see why you won last year's title (according to your sig).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:54 pm

I can only respond to what was posted!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bench wrote:No. We stick together on this. Big Sam is one of ours. End of - I do not see how he has done us so wrong. I am thankful that he has such a good relationship with PG. Any lesser Chairman (Ellis?) would have sacked him by now to save his own skin.
I agree with your general sentiments, Bench, but FiO is merely stating his own feelings in reaction to being abused for taking part in a poll thread. He has the right to disagree with the majority, just as much as you have the right to disagree with him. Else it's not much of a discussion and the poll should be reduced to one option :wink:
An Albanian poll? There's an idea. I suspect FiO's opinion is coloured by what happened in Thailand (whatever that was) but he has a right to state a view. Personally I would find it reprehensible to dump a loyal servant at the first hint of muck being slung - that would tarnish BWFC's reputation more than keeping an alleged bung-taker until there was some proof.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:12 pm

You've taken me out of context DSB. I wasn't trying to say that FiO shouldn't be expressing an opinion different to my own. Merely that I felt that the majority of Bolton fans would be rallying around the flag as it were. FiO may have a different opinion, but I reserve my right to express by disappointment. Having said that, at least FiO is one of the few to have guts enough to actually express his view, rather than hide behind the annonymity of a poll.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:04 pm

Bench wrote:
You've taken me out of context DSB. I wasn't trying to say that FiO shouldn't be expressing an opinion different to my own. Merely that I felt that the majority of Bolton fans would be rallying around the flag as it were. FiO may have a different opinion, but I reserve my right to express by disappointment. Having said that, at least FiO is one of the few to have guts enough to actually express his view, rather than hide behind the annonymity of a poll.
Thanks for those kind comments. Please note that I am rallying around the flag that is Bolton Wanderers, I'm just not rallying around Sam himself. The Club are much more important to me than one man.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Bench wrote:
Apologies if I took you out of context Benchy!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:07 pm

americantrotter wrote:My Mum thinks Big Sam is handsome! She is also a big SKD fan.

While watching Soccer AM last weekend, the missus professed a liking for SKD. Can't see it myself, but then I think he looks like my cousin and, lest we forget, I'm a heterosexual man (although I can sort of see why Jussi arouses).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:08 pm

FaninOz wrote:Thanks for those kind comments. Please note that I am rallying around the flag that is Bolton Wanderers, I'm just not rallying around Sam himself. The Club are much more important to me than one man.
Amen (or your religious/secular word of choice) to that.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:11 pm

While watching Soccer AM last weekend, the missus professed a liking for SKD. Can't see it myself, but then I think he looks like my cousin and, lest we forget, I'm a heterosexual man (although I can sort of see why Jussi arouses).
Hmmmm.....

Sounds a bit like : I'M NOT GAY YA KNOW......BUT......

:mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Bench wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:While watching Soccer AM last weekend, the missus professed a liking for SKD. Can't see it myself, but then I think he looks like my cousin and, lest we forget, I'm a heterosexual man (although I can sort of see why Jussi arouses).
Hmmmm.....

Sounds a bit like : I'M NOT GAY YA KNOW......BUT......

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Drifting dangerously off-topic for this thread but I saw a brilliant comedy routine from an Australian called Steve Hughes about how ungay homosexuality is... "What are you f**kin' tonight? Yeah, you stick to your curvy boobs, ya pussy, I'm gonna get f**ked by a MAN..."