Brexit or Britin

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Brexit or Britin

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:^^ clearly your level of understanding of this is at around remedial sun reader level so not much point continuing with this discussion.
Yeah, good one.
Plus I like how you appear to have (wrongly) jumped to the conclusion as to which way I voted now too. You're on fire today.
Made no assumption as to how you voted. Again that is not the point.
I'm not sure that you're even sure what your point is yourself mate.
But to use that silly cow as some kind of poster girl for this decision is ridiculous. She couldn't give a shite if we're in or out she just using the result as yet another stick to bash the English with. She'd have called for another Scottish Independence Referendum even if the vote had gone the other way.

Anyway, when's the football back on? :wink:
When did she bash the English? Did you even listen to her?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:02 pm

By calling for another referendum. It's hardly indicative of her love for us don't you think?
Anyway, I see my attempt at cooling you down was a waste of time as per. You've clearly got your heart set on being angry for the duration and fair play to you for that.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:^^ clearly your level of understanding of this is at around remedial sun reader level so not much point continuing with this discussion.
No, please, carry on..... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:13 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:By calling for another referendum. It's hardly indicative of her love for us don't you think?
Anyway, I see my attempt at cooling you down was a waste of time as per. You've clearly got your heart set on being angry for the duration and fair play to you for that.

mentioning the footie is not ALWAYS the best way of calming BWFCi down! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:14 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:By calling for another referendum. It's hardly indicative of her love for us don't you think?
Why does self rule mean she hates the English? She disagrees with many things Westminster impose on them. So do I. And I'm English.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm

I think there's a version of the EU there'd be an overwhelming majority for. Basically a trading block with the eu keeping it's neb out of everything that wasn't standardisation, and free movement limited to travel and maybe freedom to move permanently if you already had a job offer/ sponsor.

I think plenty of remainers myself included would want that as the ideal, but thought we couldn't get it and would be better off in as now than completely out.

I think plenty of leavers would want that as the ideal but thought that either: voting out would get us that, or, we couldn't get it and would be better off completely out than in as now.

Only problem is I don't think there's a hope in hell the EU will go for that (which it's a shame as there'll be a hell of a wobble now in France, Holland Greece and more).

Nevertheless there is a conversation that Boris' people are or will have very soon along the lines of "So you have Cameron f*ck all because you thought we'd stay. Fancy changing your mind?".

In the absence of their surprise agreement, or 2008 style armageddon in the UK alone, we're leaving, and folk need to stop signing daft petitions. I don't like it either, but we lost. What's happens if there's another referendum and remain win and leave start a petition?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:21 pm

At least we all knew what we were doing! :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -leave-it/
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Rjs37 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I don't get this at all. I certainly didn't hear anyone mention delaying leaving. Now we're outta there, surely we want to get this nasty VAT off fuel, an extra £100m per week for the NHS, removal of all the red-tape, increasing our border controls, getting the new Trade Agreements in place as fast as possible. Wouldn't want to be delaying all those benefits, now would we?
As the remain camp were constantly saying, new Trade Agreements can take time to negotiate. Why not take the time so we can be better prepared for our eventual EU exit?

Cameron had said from the start that he'd enact article 50 immediately following a Brexit vote, but certainly Gove and Boris, didn't want him to. I'm struggling to find references after today's result though!

Here's Boris from earlier today though and it shows that he's in no hurry:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 00431.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The text in the article describes how EU want us to hurry up, but there's not a lot they can do to force us to enact article 50. I think we'll do it just after the new PM is announced but if they wanted they could delay it longer.
I know he said today he wanted to be in no hurry, today. Before today the Government (which is still running the country) was talking about signing Article 50 "the day after". So I guess that's one more broken promise then. As for the new trade agreements, when we asked, Brexit cited that 2 years wasn't a problem.

Given we've been told we have no control over new EU Laws and our views are always ignored, I shouldn't think it'd be a problem for them to make one up, to cover this eventuality. After all their Court still has sovereignty allegedly.

Remain did say it'd take longer to negotiate the volume of trade deals, Brexit, who won the vote, disagreed, so they need to deliver on their shit, now.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Remain did say it'd take longer to negotiate the volume of trade deals, Brexit, who won the vote, disagreed, so they need to deliver on their shit, now.
£350million extra every week for the NHS! Can't wait!
Everyone's wages going up! Ooh goody!
More housing and less welfare! This must be a dream!?

I'm hoping that what 52% of people voted for is true and it wasn't just B.S. from some nasty right-wing types. I'm dubious but let's wait and see.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Remain did say it'd take longer to negotiate the volume of trade deals, Brexit, who won the vote, disagreed, so they need to deliver on their shit, now.
£350million extra every week for the NHS! Can't wait!
Everyone's wages going up! Ooh goody!
More housing and less welfare! This must be a dream!?

I'm hoping that what 52% of people voted for is true and it wasn't just B.S. from some nasty right-wing types. I'm dubious but let's wait and see.
Farage has already said the £350M extra a week for the NHS isn't happening....and that they should never had promised it....

Ermmm yeah....so good luck with the rest.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:04 pm

I think (I hope!... but this week has been full of balloons) he was being facetious.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:God there's some panic fannies about.

If the vote had been reversed it would have been "A ringing endorsement, nothing to see here, carry on etc etc" all conveniently forgetting the 48% & umpteen millions that voted against it.

We've hardly told the EU to sod off. Like the French. the Swedes, the Danes and umpteen others, millions of our citizens have said they want no part of Europe as it is. Only difference in our case (& in the Danes 1st time around) is our outers slightly exceeded our inners.

There'll be some fudged compromise, a bit more reform and another referendum. Possibly
No there won't. The EU have very categorically stated no renegotiation, please enact article 50 as soon as possible.

We're out. Simple as that. No renegotiation, no half measures. Vote has been made. Out. Now the leave campaign must come good on its promises.
No you mean Juncker and his crew have, along with the odd bit part players, Merkel, Hollande etc. are playing their cards pretty close to their chest and these are the people that matter.

I would expect those on the EU gravy train to be coming out with the statements they are doing.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Sturgeon is everything our leaders fail to be.
:conf:
You want our leaders to be racist self-serving bitches?
Absolute bollocks. I want them to be honest and genuinely represent the people who elected them.

She does that. She is the one welcoming EU migrants. Not voting out with some ridiculous notion to shut the borders.

Wanting independence from Westminster is probably the least racist thing right now.
Not like the people on the Islands they sent them too though.

Still the local councils and others did a reasonable job of putting the lid on dissent there so she must be a success eh? :hang:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:I think there's a version of the EU there'd be an overwhelming majority for. Basically a trading block with the eu keeping it's neb out of everything that wasn't standardisation, and free movement limited to travel and maybe freedom to move permanently if you already had a job offer/ sponsor.

I think plenty of remainers myself included would want that as the ideal, but thought we couldn't get it and would be better off in as now than completely out.

I think plenty of leavers would want that as the ideal but thought that either: voting out would get us that, or, we couldn't get it and would be better off completely out than in as now.

Only problem is I don't think there's a hope in hell the EU will go for that (which it's a shame as there'll be a hell of a wobble now in France, Holland Greece and more).

Nevertheless there is a conversation that Boris' people are or will have very soon along the lines of "So you have Cameron f*ck all because you thought we'd stay. Fancy changing your mind?".

In the absence of their surprise agreement, or 2008 style armageddon in the UK alone, we're leaving, and folk need to stop signing daft petitions. I don't like it either, but we lost. What's happens if there's another referendum and remain win and leave start a petition?
I wouldn't have wasted hours on this thread if that had been the case mate, at last we agree on something :wink:

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 pm

I really can't stand Farage, but I've seen so many people on Twitter regurgitating the garbage that is his interview concerning the NHS not getting the £350m.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Farage never even made that claim. It was Vote Leave who were making that claim and had it plastered on their bus etc. So until Boris and Gove come out and say it isn't happening then it's a completely moot point.

It's like holding Jeremy Corbyn responsible for a claim that David Cameron made.

I do still expect them to back-peddle on the promise, because we all know that the actual net value (after we get funding back) is about half of that amount. Whether the remaining amount will end up at the NHS or not I really don't know. I hope it does because I want to see them at least partially deliver on that promise.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Rjs37 wrote:I really can't stand Farage, but I've seen so many people on Twitter regurgitating the garbage that is his interview concerning the NHS not getting the £350m.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Farage never even made that claim. It was Vote Leave who were making that claim and had it plastered on their bus etc. So until Boris and Gove come out and say it isn't happening then it's a completely moot point.

this is true... it wasn't a promise he made. fortunately it was made by those who will have hands on the steering wheel, so can be held accountable...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Rjs37 wrote:I really can't stand Farage, but I've seen so many people on Twitter regurgitating the garbage that is his interview concerning the NHS not getting the £350m.

It's like holding Jeremy Corbyn responsible for a claim that David Cameron made.

I do still expect them to back-peddle on the promise, because we all know that the actual net value (after we get funding back) is about half of that amount. Whether the remaining amount will end up at the NHS or not I really don't know. I hope it does because I want to see them at least partially deliver on that promise.
Well he was very quick to point it out after the result. Perhaps, you know, considering he clearly saw it as a bogus claim, in the interests of honesty he might have said so before the vote....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well he was very quick to point it out after the result. Perhaps, you know, considering he clearly saw it as a bogus claim, in the interests of honesty he might have said so before the vote....
given he was pretty much ostracised by the LEAVE campaign, I can't see it would have had much effect. that claim was on BORIS'S bus...

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm finding it hard to believe (although I shouldn't really) that the UK components are so very ready ( almost overnight) to believe that they can just stick passport control cabins up on the borders of their respective camps and become suddenly independent selling kilts and bottled Guinness. . It's our combined futures we're talking about here, not the European Cup.
Er, you mean the way these components voted differently to England and have their combined futures affected by the result? :conf:

Being part of the UK in the EU was part of the y'know, vow, the deal, the terms and conditions outlined shortly before that vote. Any Scottish voter who went for No because of the talk of Independence threatening Scotland's position in the EU is going to be scratching his head at this moment.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I'm finding it hard to believe (although I shouldn't really) that the UK components are so very ready ( almost overnight) to believe that they can just stick passport control cabins up on the borders of their respective camps and become suddenly independent selling kilts and bottled Guinness. . It's our combined futures we're talking about here, not the European Cup.
Er, you mean the way these components voted differently to England and have their combined futures affected by the result? :conf:

Being part of the UK in the EU was part of the y'know, vow, the deal, the terms and conditions outlined shortly before that vote. Any Scottish voter who went for No because of the talk of Independence threatening Scotland's position in the EU is going to be scratching his head at this moment.
I'm not really sure what Tango is on about - but the prospect of border controls is a very real one on that soon-to-be new EU/non-EU border between NI and the ROI... how exactly will we/they stop people crossing at will with goods or people traffic? surly not a return to the roadblocks that will remind people of the troubles? The vote we had yesterday suggests that we are indeed very ready to do the thing he sounds so incredulous about...