Happy Slapper get's, well, Slapped!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

Happy Slapper get's, well, Slapped!

Post by keveh » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:22 pm

It turns out this guy picked the wrong person to give a slap:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/ ... 21,00.html
Victim turned the tables after a youth attacked him while another thug filmed with a mobile phone
A HAPPY slapper’s mobile phone recording of an attack took an unexpected twist when his victim retaliated, flooring his assailant with a single punch.

In footage that is rapidly gaining cult status, an athletic young man in a white vest is seen plotting the attack on a stranger, filmed on his friend’s mobile phone.

The British man, on what appears to be a foreign street beside the entrance to a shopping arcade, addresses the camera and, as if he were preparing to sing on the ITV1 show Stars in Their Eyes, says: “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be. . .a happy slapper.”

The cameraman, also British, can be heard encouraging his friend, saying: “OK, the next person who comes out.”

In front of the camera the would-be aggressor is getting excited. “Which hand?” he says. “I’ll give him both. A double, he’s getting a f***ing right slap.”

Sufficiently prepared for the assault, he tells his audience: “All right, let’s have it.”

A passer-by emerges from the shopping arcade: a smaller man, wearing a leather jacket, a bag slung over his shoulder.

The happy slapper runs towards him, drawing back one arm to swing and catch the man full in the face.

The victim recoils in pain and drops the bag.

He sees his attacker turn and walk back to his friend, who is laughing and still recording the scene.

Incredulous, he screams with rage. He asks his attacker what he was doing. Judging by his accent, he appears to be from Liverpool.

The victim then approaches the youth and throws a fierce right-hand jab, punching him on the chin and knocking him unconscious.

The man holding the camera phone shouts his friend’s name but carries on filming.

The man in black regards his assailant sprawled out on the floor.

Then he picks up his bag and storms off, still muttering in anger.

And because the internet it awesome, here's the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Pe6-QA ... %20slapped

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:25 pm

A bouquet to the man that flattened the chavscum!

KeawYeadWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by KeawYeadWhite » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:28 pm

Serves the tosser right I say! :pray:
If you can meet triumph with disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:42 pm

Not having it, its clearly framed. Why would the lads mate laugh and shout "knock out" when his buddies been lamped, and the guy who originally got slapped would be too shocked to shout "nob ed" a millisecond after it happened, thirdly if hes slapped a bloke 'for a laugh' he'd scarper not wait around and see what happens

KeawYeadWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by KeawYeadWhite » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not having it, its clearly framed. Why would the lads mate laugh and shout "knock out" when his buddies been lamped, and the guy who originally got slapped would be too shocked to shout "nob ed" a millisecond after it happened, thirdly if hes slapped a bloke 'for a laugh' he'd scarper not wait around and see what happens
Boooooooo get off!!! :arse:
If you can meet triumph with disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:55 pm

Well I have experience!! My ex missus used to do hapy slapping

Oh wait... she wasnt ever happy.... Just a slapper

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not having it, its clearly framed. Why would the lads mate laugh and shout "knock out" when his buddies been lamped, and the guy who originally got slapped would be too shocked to shout "nob ed" a millisecond after it happened, thirdly if hes slapped a bloke 'for a laugh' he'd scarper not wait around and see what happens
anyone who punches and then runs needs to locate their testicles

i hope it is real, the chav bastard deserved it

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:33 pm

I reckon it's real.

You have to be a right tosser to start off with if you are wearing a fkn vest.

He slapped him and then was walking away like "yeah, i'm ace, you knows it"

His friend was probably filming for a reason, he doesn't want to get turned on.

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Would've been better if he'd broken the phone afterwards :D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:18 am

As ever, I am going to be the party pooper and say that although this 'happy slapper' was a cockend of the highest order, there's no way that the bloke's knocking him out cold was a proportionate response to what happened, and he is almost certainly deserving of more serious punishment from the criminal law than the nice person in the vest.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:16 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:As ever, I am going to be the party pooper and say that although this 'happy slapper' was a cockend of the highest order, there's no way that the bloke's knocking him out cold was a proportionate response to what happened, and he is almost certainly deserving of more serious punishment from the criminal law than the tw*t in the vest.
hmm unprovoked attack not warranting as much punishment as the victim's reaction? I see a long career as a judge for you.

If this is kosher - though I suspect not. I can't see how anybody can really think the chav hasn't got what he deserved - it's one crack, not a sustained attack, perfectly reasonable. In fact, I wouldn't be arsed if he had been beaten to a bloodied pulp and his mate too.

Too many people are too soft on personal crime, burglars being protected from the householder while in the middle of a crime??? Stuff that, as soon as you step on my property you do so at your own risk - if i take my baseball bat to your knees then you've only got to accept that as an industrial risk sunshine. "Happy slappers" are voyeuristic bullies, if they get a pasting, so what? And his camerman mate would think he's a premiership footballer with where that phone would be forcibly inserted.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:10 am

communistworkethic wrote:
hmm unprovoked attack not warranting as much punishment as the victim's reaction? I see a long career as a judge for you. If this is kosher - though I suspect not. I can't see how anybody can really think the chav hasn't got what he deserved - it's one crack, not a sustained attack, perfectly reasonable. In fact, I wouldn't be arsed if he had been beaten to a bloodied pulp and his mate too.

Too many people are too soft on personal crime, burglars being protected from the householder while in the middle of a crime??? Stuff that, as soon as you step on my property you do so at your own risk - if i take my baseball bat to your knees then you've only got to accept that as an industrial risk sunshine. "Happy slappers" are voyeuristic bullies, if they get a pasting, so what? And his camerman mate would think he's a premiership footballer with where that phone would be forcibly inserted.
Amen to all that. Someone breaks in my house they ain't called for a cuppa and there's a rounders bat in the meter box. Human rights don't say anyone has to get slapped. Do so, slap back. Law of the jungle. Plonko got his just deserts.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:19 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:As ever, I am going to be the party pooper and say that although this 'happy slapper' was a cockend of the highest order, there's no way that the bloke's knocking him out cold was a proportionate response to what happened, and he is almost certainly deserving of more serious punishment from the criminal law than the tw*t in the vest.
hmm unprovoked attack not warranting as much punishment as the victim's reaction? I see a long career as a judge for you.

If this is kosher - though I suspect not. I can't see how anybody can really think the chav hasn't got what he deserved - it's one crack, not a sustained attack, perfectly reasonable. In fact, I wouldn't be arsed if he had been beaten to a bloodied pulp and his mate too.

And to think - it was you who accused me of the 'Daily Mail' approach to the law not so long ago.

Even if chasing after the vested chav, knocking him out cold, and then weighing in with a kick for good measure while he's on the floor could ever be considered anywhere close to being a proportionate response to the pretty minor assault originally suffered, taking the law into one's own hands is simply not the way we do things in our legal system.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

KeawYeadWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by KeawYeadWhite » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:24 am

Fight fire with fire that's what I say. Scum like that need to be taught a lesson, we must be more vigilant, and stop these pricks getting away with it.

Good on you sir.

:pray:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:31 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: And to think - it was you who accused me of the 'Daily Mail' approach to the law not so long ago.

Even if chasing after the vested chav, knocking him out cold, and then weighing in with a kick for good measure while he's on the floor could ever be considered anywhere a proportionate response to the pretty minor assault originally suffered, taking the law into one's own hands is simply not the way we do things in our legal system.
Until such time as the law realises that provocation is the root of almost all crimes of assault, evermore will it be so. Why do we first have to become victims before being punished for retaliation? Protect the innocent as law No 1. How many people are in prison for initially just minding their own business? Rule No1 in the Karate oath of obedience: "I promise never to sue the skills I am taught except in defence of my person, family or victims of attack" (not word for word as I've forgotten it, but "self defence" is taught for just such occasions.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:43 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

And to think - it was you who accused me of the 'Daily Mail' approach to the law not so long ago.

Even if chasing after the vested chav, knocking him out cold, and then weighing in with a kick for good measure while he's on the floor could ever be considered anywhere a proportionate response to the pretty minor assault originally suffered, taking the law into one's own hands is simply not the way we do things in our legal system.
Hmm unmprovoked attack of innocent victim v criminal getting his comeupance? Let me think...... hardly a toughie that one.

when it come to protecting myself, my home, my family and friends, woe betide the fool the I catch.

Taking the law in to our own hands - do you see many of these happy slappers being arrested? The "Respect" agenda that the government dictates the law should observe is flawed in favour of the perpetrator rather than the victim - just look at the reaction of kids when anyone remonstrates or a teach so much as touches them - "I'll do you for assault". The law should be about protecting the innocent, in breaking the law you go outside the law and should lose its full protection. If you commit a crime - expect the consequences.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:07 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

While I understand that because of your ongoing education you know more on this subject than I'll ever know and I can see that what you're saying-rightly or wrongly-is valid in the eyes of the law I find it hard to believe that you (or a judge for that matter) can honestly say that having been struck in an unprovoked attack first that the victim has not given 'a proportionate response to what happened' in hitting him back JUST THE ONCE. What did you expect him to do, tickle the attacker to submission?

I'm sure your argument would bear weight had the victim responded by kicking the attacker nearly to death, leaving him wheelchair bound for the rest of his life but to hit him back just once seems like a proportionate response to what happened to me.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am

Are you for real?
Assuming you are, what would be a "proportionate response" to being slapped in the face by some wanker, while his mate records the assault on a mobile phone so that they can forward it to other wankers and all have a good chuckle at your expense? What if the next person they attack is an old woman? Does that change the severity? Then if the old woman managed to knock him out with her walking stick, would that be a disproportionate response?

Personally, I'd have gone one further and knocked the cameraman out too, and I still think they'd have got off lightly.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 am

Lennon wrote:
Are you for real?
Assuming you are, what would be a "proportionate response" to being slapped in the face by some wanker, while his mate records the assault on a mobile phone so that they can forward it to other wankers and all have a good chuckle at your expense? What if the next person they attack is an old woman? Does that change the severity? Then if the old woman managed to knock him out with her walking stick, would that be a disproportionate response?

Personally, I'd have gone one further and knocked the cameraman out too, and I still think they'd have got off lightly.
Mummy, for goodness sake.

He should have been strung-up, had his 'nad's removed & fed to crows & then left to rot as a message to others.

That would then be the very last happy-slap.

As for the guy who give him one back ... he should be presented with one of Tony's vacant Lordship's.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 am

bobo the clown wrote:Mummy, for goodness sake.

He should have been strung-up, had his 'nad's removed & fed to crows & then left to rot as a message to others.

That would then be the very last happy-slap.

As for the guy who give him one back ... he should be presented with one of Tony's vacant Lordship's.
When did clowns start using sarcasm? :wink: