Happy Slapper get's, well, Slapped!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Hypothetically Mummy, if the victim hadn't reacted, what are the chances of a policeman being around, or anyone wanting to come forward as a witness? What happens then? Where is the justice in that? The slapper and his mate run off laughing and do the same thing again. The victim, as you said, feels humiliated and less than manly for it. That's human nature and few men can, as you so strongly put it about "our lot", turn the other cheek. That rule was laid down two thousand years or so ago and assumably there were fewer bored or pampered, work-shy louts about:
"You slap him and I'll draw a sketch" and we'll sell copies of it to our friends".
Sorry Tango, I can see how "your lot" might have sounded a bit hostile. It certainly wasn't meant that way: my tongue was firmly in my cheek, turned or otherwise.

I agree that we need a more effective police force - maybe then the idiot's phone could be seized and they'd both be taken care of as a result of the fairly irrefutable evidence. Surely that's a different argument to condoning punishment via G.B.H. for violations of manliness.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:47 pm

People have died from people happy slapping, but obviously a more violent version.

People who do it are idiots and deserve what's coming to them.

We shouldn't even be talking about the law here, as the people who carry out happy slapping wouldn't be able to know how to begin, or afford, to start a court case.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 pm

plodder wrote:As ever Monty, thanks for your input.
:oops: I think the 'sarcastic mode on' may have been pressed again.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:51 pm

keveh wrote:People have died from people happy slapping, but obviously a more violent version.

We shouldn't even be talking about the law here, as the people who carry out happy slapping wouldn't be able to know how to begin, or afford, to start a court case.
Don't be soft. Legal aid. Thats what they will do and who pays for that?? :evil:

Montreal Wanderer wrote: :oops: I think the 'sarcastic mode on' may have been pressed again.
Not at all Monty. I always value your contribution.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:53 pm

plodder wrote:Don't be soft. Legal aid. Thats what they will do and who pays for that?? :evil:
A 16 year old chav wont have a clue about legal aid.

And be quiet about it, they might be listening it!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:59 pm

keveh wrote:People have died from people happy slapping, but obviously a more violent version.

One of the problems we face in this discussion is the fact that the term 'happy slapping' is employed quite broadly to cover all forms of gratuitous violence filmed on a mobile phone. Apperently included in this category are the kind of incidents in which pensioners are laid into with kicks and punches by a group of youths - none of whom doing anything that can be described sensibly as 'slapping'.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm

keveh wrote:
plodder wrote:Don't be soft. Legal aid. Thats what they will do and who pays for that?? :evil:

surely his unemployed unmarried 29 year-old, sovereign-ringed mother would though?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 pm

keveh wrote:
Ha ha, guess again Keveh. If they haven't already got form they'll be fully
genned up about legal aid. Their favorite phrase is "I want my brief". My son was a lawyers clerk is how I know.

When we were kids the only happy slapper in our house was my dad. He was also judge, jury and executioner. It never did us any harm and sure did the trick on forestalling stupid behaviour.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:01 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
keveh wrote:

surely his unemployed unmarried 29 year-old, sovereign-ringed mother would though?
or his lawyer? He will have no doubt seen some poxy soap........ "I ain't sayin nuffin till I see my brief"

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:43 am

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Havent read through the whole thread, but have to say the scumbag got what he deserved. Happy slapping is vile and the people that do it deserve a good baeating. The bloke that punched his lights out is in the right.

Happy slappers are wankers.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:32 pm

daxter15 wrote:Havent read through the whole thread, but have to say the scumbag got what he deserved. Happy slapping is vile and the people that do it deserve a good baeating. The bloke that punched his lights out is in the right.

Happy slappers are wankers.
Read it, it is worthwile.

Good read Kev and an insight into what we have to live with.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:44 pm

I thought there was no legal aid as such now - no win, no fee and all that.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:52 pm

Ratbert wrote:no win, no fee
That alwyas reminds me of a Goldie Lookin Chain song, Bad Boy Limp:

Ring now, now win no fee,
It's gotta be true cos it's on the tv.
Ring now, it's money for free,
It's gotta be true cos it's on the tv.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:19 pm

interesting article but someone living in the US suggesting we have terrible crime rate and an uneducated population is a bit rich.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:55 pm

communistworkethic wrote:interesting article but someone living in the US suggesting we have terrible crime rate and an uneducated population is a bit rich.
Do you have Europe's highest crime rate?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:58 pm

to be honest I don't know, presumably there are stats to call it anyway you want.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:35 pm

communistworkethic wrote:to be honest I don't know, presumably there are stats to call it anyway you want.
Figures lie and liars figure, I guess.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:55 pm

It's not all guns and knives over here ya know. :wink:

He got what he deserved.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Strong views on this issue then, Hoolio?

:shock:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!