9/11 Conspiracy Theory - Very interesting stuff

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:58 am

Just found this game for those interested in conspiracy.

Remember to send me a post card when you collect your winnings!

http://www.theconspiracygame.co.uk/conspiracy/

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:They recovered both boxes from Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania, Harry.
:oops: Didnt know that. What was heard on the recordings? Has it been made public? There is a school of thought that flight 93 was shot down by the USAF.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:21 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:They recovered both boxes from Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania, Harry.
:oops: Didnt know that. What was heard on the recordings? Has it been made public? There is a school of thought that flight 93 was shot down by the USAF.
Only transcripts have been released to the public which show the hijackers decided to crash the plane during the passenger rebellion. Of course, since it is only a transcript, who'd believe it? The plane flying nearby (relatively) was a corporate jet not a military plane. On the blackbox (they are orange) recovery see this
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:48 pm

Mmm Interesting stuff Monty. There seems to be quite a bit of contradictory info on there though. Did the passengers get into the cockpit and bring the plane down or not? One official scource said no, t'other says they did. Same for whether the pilot was murdered or not.

I read only last night that some parties refute that there were any successful calls made from the flight because mobiles aren't operative above 8000 feet. I dont know how high flight 93 was flying but surely all the bereaved families who claimed to have received calls werent lying?

Whatever the circumstances - may the victims rest in peace.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Mmm Interesting stuff Monty. There seems to be quite a bit of contradictory info on there though. Did the passengers get into the cockpit and bring the plane down or not? One official scource said no, t'other says they did. Same for whether the pilot was murdered or not.

I read only last night that some parties refute that there were any successful calls made from the flight because mobiles aren't operative above 8000 feet. I dont know how high flight 93 was flying but surely all the bereaved families who claimed to have received calls werent lying?

Whatever the circumstances - may the victims rest in peace.
Amen.

The Popular Mechanics article Lennon posted was pretty convincing to me and covered most of the aspects that conspiracy theorists bring up.[/url]
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:27 pm

I asked Michael Portillo, someone I have a lot of respect for, about the 9/11 conspiracy theories last Friday and he was quite clear that they are all nonsense.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:28 pm

Oh right, there you go then. Must be tripe if Portillo says so.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:30 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I asked Michael Portillo, someone I have a lot of respect for, about the 9/11 conspiracy theories last Friday and he was quite clear that they are all nonsense.
That's what i've been saying for a week and you didn't believe me? Who's this Portillo chap anyway?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm

Batman wrote:Oh right, there you go then. Must be tripe if Portillo says so.
No, I didn't say that. But it was interesting for me to hear how unequivocal he was - he is always very good on international affairs.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I asked Michael Portillo, someone I have a lot of respect for, about the 9/11 conspiracy theories last Friday and he was quite clear that they are all nonsense.
That's what i've been saying for a week and you didn't believe me? Who's this Portillo chap anyway?
Failed politician

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:33 pm

He is a succesful figure of national ridicule Monty.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:34 pm

warthog wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Failed politician
He was a politician, gave it up when the numpties in the Conservative Party chose Iain Duncan-Smith over him, and is now a respected journalist.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Interestingly differing views of Portillo. :wink:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Interestingly differing views of Portillo. :wink:
Well, he's a Conservative who began his career under Thatcher, so what do you expect? :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:17 pm

Ahh, but have you typed out what he said into Wingdings. Now there's your acid test, sonny Jim. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:OK, I'll tell you. In the cockpit of all American planes there is a spare seat, this seat is known as the Jump Seat. The reason for the spare seat is that an American Aviation Official can, and will, turn up without any prior warning whatsoever to asses the Pilots.

Now then, American Pilots get free air travel when they're not working or when they've dropped a plane off somewhere or whatever. Usually Pilots are offered accomodation in First Class if available, but it is more common for them to ask for the Jump Seat so that they've got someone to talk to.

Bearing in mind that the Hi-jackers were also qualified Pilots, they too asked for the jump seats, then, when in place and the planes were airborne they cut the throats of the original Pilots.
My first foray into this thread, and admittedly it's an old post but I'd like to question this somewhat. Yes the hijackers (some of them) had attended aviation schools, but unless they were contracted employees of a major airline there's no way that they would be allowed into the cockpit, and certainly not just on the grounds that they had a pilots license that allowed them to fly nowt bigger than a Cesena. I don't recall seeing any evidence that the hijackers worked for the airlines, and doubt highly that they would have been allowed the jump seat.

And no, I'm not doubting the jump seat and its existence, after all we've all seen 'Catch Me If You Can'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:24 pm

blurred wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:OK, I'll tell you. In the cockpit of all American planes there is a spare seat, this seat is known as the Jump Seat. The reason for the spare seat is that an American Aviation Official can, and will, turn up without any prior warning whatsoever to asses the Pilots.

Now then, American Pilots get free air travel when they're not working or when they've dropped a plane off somewhere or whatever. Usually Pilots are offered accomodation in First Class if available, but it is more common for them to ask for the Jump Seat so that they've got someone to talk to.

Bearing in mind that the Hi-jackers were also qualified Pilots, they too asked for the jump seats, then, when in place and the planes were airborne they cut the throats of the original Pilots.
My first foray into this thread, and admittedly it's an old post but I'd like to question this somewhat. Yes the hijackers (some of them) had attended aviation schools, but unless they were contracted employees of a major airline there's no way that they would be allowed into the cockpit, and certainly not just on the grounds that they had a pilots license that allowed them to fly nowt bigger than a Cesena. I don't recall seeing any evidence that the hijackers worked for the airlines, and doubt highly that they would have been allowed the jump seat.

And no, I'm not doubting the jump seat and its existence, after all we've all seen 'Catch Me If You Can'.
Question it all you want, Blurred. That account was given to me first hand by pilots of American Airlines that I was sat chatting to in London a couple of years ago. Apparently it is extremely common for pilots of all airlines to hitch a ride in the jump seat. Their account, not mine. (Oh, and I've never even heard of Catch Me If You Can, what is it? a film? :conf: )
May the bridges I burn light your way

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Question it all you want, Blurred. That account was given to me first hand by pilots of American Airlines that I was sat chatting to in London a couple of years ago. Apparently it is extremely common for pilots of all airlines to hitch a ride in the jump seat. Their account, not mine.
Read what I said again. I'm not saying it's uncommon, I'm saying that none of the hijackers worked for any airlines. They had rudimentary flying skills (almost certainly none of them with jets the size of the passenger flights they were on) and therefore would not have been given the jump seat.

Unless anyone can point me to evidence that John Q Terrorist (can't be arsed researching the names of all the hijackers, but whoever supposedly did the flying out of the 19 or so gentlemen concerned) was a salaried pilot with any reputable airline, then this theory to me is complete bunkum.

As I said, I know the jump seat exists, and know how and when it's used, but it would not have been in this instance, unless John Q Terrorist was a pilot for Continental/Virgin/NorthWest/AA/whoever. Which he wasn't.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:32 pm

A quick google search finds an interesting article about this jumpseat thing:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1643665/posts

(And I suppose this answers the above post.)

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:34 pm

My friend worked for Air Miles and as they are counted as British Airways employees she has flown in the jump seat on BA flights that were full when travelling on business.

She hates flying and loathed every second of it. I'd think it would be great.... I'd be asking them what all the buttons did.