How Clever Are You?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:56 pm

A BOOK, LATER MADE INTO A FILM

I WAS MADE TO GO THE PICS TO SEE IT

IT GOT ME A LEGOVER, SO FAIR ENOUGH
Sto ut Serviam

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:11 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:A BOOK, LATER MADE INTO A FILM

The book by V.C. Andrews was about incest and child abuse - the film sanitized the more controversial elements, so read the book, CAPS. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:28 pm

What is the state fish of Alaska?????????????????????????????????????

State fish????????
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:34 pm

How the bloomin eck can somebody answer in under 50 seconds? I've just got 8/10 and tried to read, answer and do the mouse bit so quickly my eyes went funny. I go to the scoreboard feeling quite chuffed and some bugger (sorry I forget who) has done it 10 seconds quicker than me! :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:34 pm

communistworkethic wrote:What is the state fish of Alaska?????????????????????????????????????

State fish????????
My guess would be the Arctic Char or some sort of Salmon (what else lives up there?) - every state has a fish, a flower, a bird, etc. - can guarantee months of frustration in trivia contests.
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:How the bloomin eck can somebody answer in under 50 seconds? I've just got 8/10 and tried to read, answer and do the mouse bit so quickly my eyes went funny. I go to the scoreboard feeling quite chuffed and some bugger (sorry I forget who) has done it 10 seconds quicker than me! :conf:
Age, Harry, age (I've never broken 80 seconds!).

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:A BOOK, LATER MADE INTO A FILM

The book by V.C. Andrews was about incest and child abuse - the film sanitized the more controversial elements, so read the book, CAPS. :wink:
WILL I GET ANOTHER JUMP?

OTHERWISE, FORGET IT
Sto ut Serviam

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:How the bloomin eck can somebody answer in under 50 seconds? I've just got 8/10 and tried to read, answer and do the mouse bit so quickly my eyes went funny. I go to the scoreboard feeling quite chuffed and some bugger (sorry I forget who) has done it 10 seconds quicker than me! :conf:
That'd be fifteen seconds, actually :wink2: :D

What can I say, I'm a speed reader.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:55 pm

I find the points given odd. Today, with 8 correct, I have one more point that Bingle (whoever he or she is) who only got 3 right. Of course Bingle completed the test in 22 seconds :shock: which probably means s/he didn't read the clues and picked answer 1 every time, but even so...

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I find the points given odd. Today, with 8 correct, I have one more point that Bingle (whoever he or she is) who only got 3 right. Of course Bingle completed the test in 22 seconds :shock: which probably means s/he didn't read the clues and picked answer 1 every time, but even so...
2 more points, now.

For what it's worth, I think the points (Award) column depends on the number of entrants per day. 23 entrants today means number 1 place gets 23 points. Check tomorrow and if there were 20 then it'd be 20 points for the win.

The 'score' along the side is the truer reflection of achievement - being some combination of correct responses and time. I get only 70 more in the score than you for achieving the same number of correct replies, but in a quicker time. The higher you come on a 'busier' day, the theoretically more difficult it was to achieve, and thus your 'points' will be higher.

Hope that explains - that's how I see it, anyway

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:47 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I find the points given odd. Today, with 8 correct, I have one more point that Bingle (whoever he or she is) who only got 3 right. Of course Bingle completed the test in 22 seconds :shock: which probably means s/he didn't read the clues and picked answer 1 every time, but even so...
2 more points, now.

For what it's worth, I think the points (Award) column depends on the number of entrants per day. 23 entrants today means number 1 place gets 23 points. Check tomorrow and if there were 20 then it'd be 20 points for the win.

The 'score' along the side is the truer reflection of achievement - being some combination of correct responses and time. I get only 70 more in the score than you for achieving the same number of correct replies, but in a quicker time. The higher you come on a 'busier' day, the theoretically more difficult it was to achieve, and thus your 'points' will be higher.

Hope that explains - that's how I see it, anyway
I understand it, blurred, I just think it is a bit odd.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I understand it, blurred, I just think it is a bit odd.
It would be helpful to have a standings in terms of 'score' rather than 'points', but then I guess it's based on a theory that everyone gets on to the quiz every day. If only one of us went on one day, it would be unfair to give them 20 points or so for winning, I s'pose...

Shame we can't see a cumulative 'score'... Or can we? Anyone know how to do this? Perhaps malcd1 has access to these figures as 'host'?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:52 pm

I'm stupid today...

Than heavens for Hoggie

:(

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:55 pm

blurred wrote:
It would be helpful to have a standings in terms of 'score' rather than 'points', but then I guess it's based on a theory that everyone gets on to the quiz every day. If only one of us went on one day, it would be unfair to give them 20 points or so for winning, I s'pose...

Shame we can't see a cumulative 'score'... Or can we? Anyone know how to do this? Perhaps malcd1 has access to these figures as 'host'?
Yes, just check the standings button at the top of the page or Hall of fame for last months quiz

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:01 pm

FFS

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
Sto ut Serviam

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:What is the state fish of Alaska?????????????????????????????????????

State fish????????
My guess would be the Arctic Char or some sort of Salmon (what else lives up there?) - every state has a fish, a flower, a bird, etc. - can guarantee months of frustration in trivia contests.
it was some sort of salmon, I'd gone for some sort of trout (hmm sounds like 2.30 on a saturday morning in Bolton)
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:07 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:FFS

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
I agree - I just said it was odd FFS. :wink: i like to understand things like that.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:25 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Yes, just check the standings button at the top of the page or Hall of fame for last months quiz
Does the top points and score for each day, but not a total score for all people though doesn't it?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:29 pm

blurred wrote:

No I don't have access to the overall score. I think this is only used as a calculation to determine your position for the day. I only have access to who has played today or this month, how many times they have played and the beautiful colour scheme.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:22 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Yes, just check the standings button at the top of the page or Hall of fame for last months quiz
Does the top points and score for each day, but not a total score for all people though doesn't it?
Yes it does the total scores that day for all people and the cumulative monthly scores for all people - in each case you have to expand the table for all people at the bottom right of the table. However, I may not be quite clear on what you are asking.