ZIZZOU V DIVERS X1

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

ZIZZOU V DIVERS X1

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:50 pm

THE OLD MAESTRO IS PUTTING ON A MASTERCLASS. Why do the crowd keep booing that young portugese chap with the long neck? :roll:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:53 pm

I think they are chanting his name, as in "roooooooooooooooooooooooo"

for "roo"naldo.

I think anyway

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:59 pm

All the French are glad today
(At least that's what I heard them say),
They sing the Marseilles and shout:
The cheating bastards have gone out.

Hooray.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:03 pm

Football won through in the end however I can't help feeling that with all the furore surrounding Portugal that England fans have lost sight of the fact that we are out because we are shit and not because of any other factor

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:11 pm

:pray: Zidane

What a class act.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:15 pm

The really sad thing about it all is that a real feast of football should have to be spoiled by this constant desire to cheat. The Portugese are masters of keeping the ball, passing brilliantly and have some real talent. Ronaldo, Miguel, Paullette and even Scolari all tried it on and were made to look silly by there obvious diving and claiming when they knew damn well they were wrong. Martin O Neil stated Portugal have a track record of cheating and Scolari will be embarrassed when he sees the video. What an understatement. Ronaldo's claim for a penalty was the most obvious cheat of the night.

At getting the ball in the opponents box, Portugal were amazing. At getting it in the net, well, they never looked like they would. I don't think the Italian forwards will be so goal shy. France will have to be really up for it or the Azzuri will hammer them. Zidane, Ribery, Viera and Makalelle all played well. Sagnol was man of the match for me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:23 pm

fanz wrote:Football won through in the end however I can't help feeling that with all the furore surrounding Portugal that England fans have lost sight of the fact that we are out because we are shit and not because of any other factor
Nobody's arguing Fanz. We all know we weren't good enough. At this class of football we are miles off the pace. We didn't even play any of the top class sides and still went out. Long way to go.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
fanz wrote:Football won through in the end however I can't help feeling that with all the furore surrounding Portugal that England fans have lost sight of the fact that we are out because we are shit and not because of any other factor
Nobody's arguing Fanz. We all know we weren't good enough. At this class of football we are miles off the pace. We didn't even play any of the top class sides and still went out. Long way to go.
Yep, I reckon we ALL agree with you fanz!!

Your screwed now ain't ya :P
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:04 pm

Diving highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSHB-AQZ1E[/youtube]

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:34 pm

warthog wrote:Diving highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSHB-AQZ1E[/youtube]
Make you sick.

Kids will go out and try this cheating stuff.
they are surpose to be an example of how football is to be played.

Fine the whole Spanish clingons (Portugal) and ban the t**ts from the next world cup. (if they quailfy)
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:39 pm

Great stuff Warty, as usual.

They shold ban the lot of them from ever playing in a world cup again. :evil:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:41 pm

Bit ironic how everybody jumped on my head when I claimed them as cheats when they played England. :roll:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:42 pm

Totally ubelievable.

Ronaldo was right, the referee didn't get the cards out at the right time.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Bit ironic how everybody jumped on my head when I claimed them as cheats when they played England. :roll:
did they?

those people are idiots!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:52 pm

keveh wrote:Totally ubelievable.

Ronaldo was right, the referee didn't get the cards out at the right time.
For a more humorous take
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:57 pm

Shearer is the biggest cheat of all, take about pot calling kettle at the end of the match yesterday.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:25 am

They made the right comments in the video commentary though "get the yellow cards out and book the diving cheats". I thought that was high on FIFA's list but I can only remember about 2 or 3 yellow cards for diving in the whole tournament.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:47 am

FaninOz wrote:They made the right comments in the video commentary though "get the yellow cards out and book the diving cheats". I thought that was high on FIFA's list but I can only remember about 2 or 3 yellow cards for diving in the whole tournament.
There wouldn't have been enough players to play in the knock out rounds had they done so. This WC has should just how much of a grip FIFA have on world football.

Zip.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!