ISP

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Am I the only person in the UK still on 'dial-up'? :oops:
You need to get BB HG.
You only realise tinternet's potential on BB
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:07 pm

nobody has a reason to still be on dial up, you should be ashamed of yourself!

you can get a small BB package cheaper than dial up these days.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:01 pm

Nooo not the virus. Just wait until you switch providers TD you probably have to format you HDD to get rid of it. I did. :cry:
ha ha , i remember a photoshopped 'advert' of that connie wench that advertized it once pulling a daft puzzled face.. the slogan was summert like "AOL 8 it'll feck up your computer summat proper" which sums them up ...

although i think you can just use the regular logon thingy like the rest do now ...

but its still bad..

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
InsaneApache wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I'm on AOL Broadband. £14.99 for the first sixmonths then £17.99 per month. Excellent service with 24 hour access to the internet. Up to now it's great, fast too, plenty good enough for video clips etc. No complaints.
Nooo not the virus. Just wait until you switch providers TD you probably have to format you HDD to get rid of it.
I did. :cry:
Tell me more IA. You're worrying me. It's a new pc that's never been on anything else, and I have McCaffe?
Well, AOL is known as the virus in my circle of 'net mates. When you try to uninstall it, it won't let you. Despite repeated attempts, whenever I logged on, the damn AOL browser kept popping back up.When you try to move to another provider AOL themselves make it so difficult. They kept asking for the original card # before they would delete my account. Now I had AOL dial up for about 3 1/2 years, and as they are well aware a card is only good for two years. I had to stop paying them in the end to get it switched off. (which was like a trial by ordeal itself)

You have been warned. :shock:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:06 pm

a1 wrote:
Nooo not the virus. Just wait until you switch providers TD you probably have to format you HDD to get rid of it. I did. :cry:
ha ha , i remember a photoshopped 'advert' of that connie wench that advertized it once pulling a daft puzzled face.. the slogan was summert like "AOL 8 it'll feck up your computer summat proper" which sums them up ...

although i think you can just use the regular logon thingy like the rest do now ...

but its still bad..
See! I rest my case. 8)
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 pm

a1 wrote:

but its still bad..
Well, thanks for cheering me up good and proper lads. :evil: Mine's AOL 9, and up to now is fine. I'll await doomsday. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Doomsday will come just after the rapture. :P

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:44 pm

keveh wrote:nobody has a reason to still be on dial up, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Really? I pay a penny a minute on dial up with no monthly fee. Can you get BB that cheap?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
keveh wrote:nobody has a reason to still be on dial up, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Really? I pay a penny a minute on dial up with no monthly fee. Can you get BB that cheap?
How much do you spend on it a month?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 am

I'm on Telewest and I did this. Telewest have a enhanced option for new users, cheap BB and 'phone line. When I first contacted them, they said they couldn't offer me the same deal because I was an existing customer. :shock:

I shopped around, the Post Office couldn't help as Telewest own the line into the house, however BT could. I got a quote from BT and then went back to Telewest. I told 'em that I wanted them to terminate my account and that I was going to switch to BT. Much shuffling of papers and talk of getting the supervisor.

Supervisor puts me through to customer services.

Upshot is I now get half price on my 'phone line, six months free broadband and then BB at £14.99 a month thereafter.

If anyone else feels like trying this, write to your ISP first and then follow up with a 'phone call a few days later.

It made my week. 8)