Dans le Nord-Est

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ciaraldi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ciaraldi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:42 pm

i dont believe we will get him i actually think alex mccleish will be our new manager i would like him to be manager but i cant see it happening

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:49 pm

If I were you I'd want one soon, though - apart from the (frankly ludicrous) Big Sam rumour who are the serious candidates?

(and where's ickle Bob gone? awwwwwww - I hope he's not sulking..)

Phil
Last edited by thebish on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ciaraldi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ciaraldi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:52 pm

names in the mix are martin o neil - not likely
allarydyce - lot of money has been backed on him and because weve signed kenny cunnigham today some people think the manager is already in place
mccleish- who i think is the most realistic, out of a job and wouldnt set the world alight

whoever gets the job has money to spend and we may have been a joke last season but the club is in a state of transition and i believe the bad times are behind us

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:56 pm

ciaraldi wrote:
whoever gets the job has money to spend and we may have been a joke last season but the club is in a state of transition and i believe the bad times are behind us
I hope they are. Twas true that last season was the worst football I have ever seen from Sunderland - not that ours was World Class. Whoever it is, and I don't believe it is Sam, I hope they turn things around for you.
Smarties have answers.....

Pete
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:57 pm

ciaraldi wrote:names in the mix are martin o neil - not likely
allarydyce - lot of money has been backed on him and because weve signed kenny cunnigham today some people think the manager is already in place
mccleish- who i think is the most realistic, out of a job and wouldnt set the world alight

Yes, getting worse by the day! Why would Sam move from Bolton to Sunderland if he turned down Newcastle? I mean, if all he cared about was a mindless fanbase then where better than St James' Park? If Sam ends up at Sunderland then you should seriously give him a drugs test, he must be on something!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
thebish wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote: You've edited it, and yet you're still an illiterate charlie.

Oh dear Bob - what a fanny you are... the spelling "spelt" is a perfectly legitimate past participle of the verb "to spell" - so I don't catch your illiteracy accusation..

perhaps you could explain?

(enjoy your crack - but keep it to yourself, eh?)

Phil
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=

Aye.
From Webster's online dictionary ( a more acceptable source than google)
Main Entry: 2spelt
Pronunciation: 'spelt
chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL
It's in the O.E.D. too, if you don't accept Monty's North American dictionary, or CAPSLOCK's less authoritative Chambers.
O.E.D. wrote: 1888 SWEET Hist. Eng. Sounds 70 The same word may be spelt in half-a-dozen different ways on the same page.
Here's a tip - go after his adverbs. Your criticism is focused wrong at the moment.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:07 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Here's a tip - go after his adverbs. Your criticism is focused wrong at the moment.
Yeh, go on guv. Give 'im one in the adverbs. 'It 'im where it 'urts.

ciaraldi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ciaraldi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:07 pm

Pete wrote:

Yes, getting worse by the day! Why would Sam move from Bolton to Sunderland if he turned down Newcastle? I mean, if all he cared about was a mindless fanbase then where better than St James' Park? If Sam ends up at Sunderland then you should seriously give him a drugs test, he must be on something!
what a short memory you have i remember the stuffings you lot used to get at the stadium of light and we will be back to do it again

Pete
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:12 pm

ciaraldi wrote:what a short memory you have i remember the stuffings you lot used to get at the stadium of light and we will be back to do it again
What I remember is the two worst ever performances over a Premiership season, and I don't think Bolton figured in either...in fact, I recall now, it was Sunderland. Yes, that's how it was! Although I will look forward to the stuffing, we always did get a nice Sunday lunch up there, maybe we'll meet in a cup game or a pre-season friendly or something.

Sideshow Bob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sideshow Bob » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:13 pm

thebish wrote:If I were you I'd want one soon, though - apart from the (frankly ludicrous) Big Sam rumour who are the serious candidates?

Phil
Nope, work to do. You should try it sometime.

Bob
Meh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
thebish wrote:If I were you I'd want one soon, though - apart from the (frankly ludicrous) Big Sam rumour who are the serious candidates?

Phil
Nope, work to do. You should try it sometime.

Bob
Work to do at a 6.13pm?

Blimey, people not leaving the car park 'til that time have absolutely no consideration for the bloke on the barrier do they? :roll: I'd contact my union rep if I were you!
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:17 am

Have they knobbed off back up to Sunderland yet? :D
Businesswoman of the year.

kev-g
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kev-g » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:15 pm

Pete wrote:

1. If he's turned Newcastle down, does that imply he'd spoken to them? If so, he's already indicated a willingness to leave Bolton.

2. Ex-Sunderland player

3. Cash to spend on building a team.

4. The challenge!

5. How much further can he go with Bolton? Top half of premiership, Europe. He's been there. Can he really take you any further? Possibly a CL qualifying place?

I'm not saying he will leave, I've got as much clue about who are next manager will be as anyone. But turning down Newcastle isn't a reason why he wouldn't join Sunderland.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 pm

kev-g wrote:
1. If he's turned Newcastle down, does that imply he'd spoken to them? If so, he's already indicated a willingness to leave Bolton.

2. Ex-Sunderland player

3. Cash to spend on building a team.

4. The challenge!

5. How much further can he go with Bolton? Top half of premiership, Europe. He's been there. Can he really take you any further? Possibly a CL qualifying place?

I'm not saying he will leave, I've got as much clue about who are next manager will be as anyone. But turning down Newcastle isn't a reason why he wouldn't join Sunderland.
1. No. He turned them down flat after the chairman was approached.
2. ex-bolton player
3. he's been given cash this summer
4. he's part way through this challenge and has stated he wants to leave a legacy of an academy and silverware
5. He can take us to Europe again, to a final where we win something, yes even Champions league. Sunderland? Promotion from the fizzy pop league, wooo, he's already done that with us.

If you ignore a bigger, richer club with far more potential you aren't going to its second rate poorer neighbour, are you?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:26 pm

You know I used to have time for Sunderland but once again a football clubs fans turn you away and open your eyes to what a bunch of prats they really are!

Sideshow Bob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sideshow Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Raven wrote:You know I used to have time for Sunderland but once again a football clubs fans turn you away and open your eyes to what a bunch of prats they really are!
Thank you. Your banter has been so much better.

All clubs have good and bad supporters. I'm struggling to find anyone with anything even approaching a sense of humour or the slighest wit either from the regulalrs on here, or, admittedly, from most of our 'invading' contingent.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to beat my wife.
Meh.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Raven wrote:You know I used to have time for Sunderland but once again a football clubs fans turn you away and open your eyes to what a bunch of prats they really are!
Thank you. Your banter has been so much better.

All clubs have good and bad supporters. I'm struggling to find anyone with anything even approaching a sense of humour or the slighest wit either from the regulalrs on here, or, admittedly, from most of our 'invading' contingent.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to beat my wife.
Do us a favour and make it last a while........ a couple of years would be fine.

Not the beating of course just the off part.

I would like a good banter but that SAMB message board is just full of eejits. With a capital E. It all goes quiet at about 9pm everynight. Curfew perhaps???

NylonNortWorthy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NylonNortWorthy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:27 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
thebish wrote:the use of pseudo Irish words (spelt wrong) to try to persuade the world how much fun you are is far from convincing...

Look at me - I'm fun I am - look at us - we're a right laugh we are... (repeat ad nauseam....) look at how many of us are online at any given time - it shows what fun we are... errr.. or that we spend all our time in front of a computer screen because we have nothing better to do and no real friends to talk to....

err...

great "crack" (sic) lads...

Phil
You've edited it, and yet you're still an illiterate charlie.

"We're Bolton, we're Barmy, we're on the piss tonight..."
Peter Kay man pmsl Class when the little folk start fighting :D :D :pissed: