Chester Races - Is anyone going or have any tips?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Chester Races - Is anyone going or have any tips?

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Never been to the races before. Should be a good do. :oyea:

Its ladys evening apparently, so at least there will be lots to look at! Even if its daft hats.

But more to the point is there any good tips from people who know more than me about Horse Racing. Which isnt hard
Stay up

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Yea - however much money you take you will spend (unless you have a big win) beware!

Just as work expands to fill the time available, bets expand to fill the races available.

As for tips, if anyone tells you they know what they're talking about they probably don't - go with your gut!
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:50 pm

just bob about £3 on the horses on 9-1 ish, always a good un

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:50 pm

My post from RAWK - am off there tonight with work
My picks for Chester tonight - some horrible races out there to find the winners in (one or two definite 'stick a pin in it' jobs) but from my reading of the RP:

6.30 Feelin Irie
7.00 Invincible Force
7.30 Gallery Girl
8.00 Vale of Belvoir/Frisky Talk (unsure on this one)
8.30 Stotsfold NAP
9.00 Aahgowangowan NB

Will be doing the odd reverse forecast bet as well, so would throw in Safranine in the 9.00, Flying Clarets in the 8.30, Just Joey in the 7.00 and Mahrajaan in the 6.30.

Either way, it's all about the fun and the beer and the sunshine (of which we will have plenty) so I'm not that fussed if I don't win! :D
These aren't hard and fast, naturally, as I'll be having a look at the markets, and of course any withdrawals will shape things. The last two races, obviously, are the ones I feel more confident on, given I've saved my NAP and NB for them :)

There's not going to be much each-way value there tonight as most of the races are under 8 runners, so perhaps reverse-forecasts are the way to go (so check those prices on the Tote). It's all odds-dependent, as I might see better value elsewhere than my picks above, but hey, it's all fun :)

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:55 pm

Oh, and if you even consider betting on Shaydreambeliever in the 5th then you need your bumps feeling!

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:55 pm

Whats your firm?? is it Unity?
Stay up

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:Whats your firm?? is it Unity?
Nah, just a group of us from Liverpool going down on a bit of a jolly.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Re: Chester Races - Is anyone going or have any tips?

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:46 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote: Its ladys evening apparently, so at least there will be lots to look at! Even if its daft hats.
Can't beat Chester in the summer for drunk slappers and cleavage.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:07 pm

blurred wrote:My post from RAWK - am off there tonight with work
My picks for Chester tonight - some horrible races out there to find the winners in (one or two definite 'stick a pin in it' jobs) but from my reading of the RP:

6.30 Feelin Irie
7.00 Invincible Force
7.30 Gallery Girl
8.00 Vale of Belvoir/Frisky Talk (unsure on this one)
8.30 Stotsfold NAP
9.00 Aahgowangowan NB

Will be doing the odd reverse forecast bet as well, so would throw in Safranine in the 9.00, Flying Clarets in the 8.30, Just Joey in the 7.00 and Mahrajaan in the 6.30.
The last two races, obviously, are the ones I feel more confident on, given I've saved my NAP and NB for them :)
Well I hope you were following me later on - can't grumble at having the winner in the last three races. Was pissed off that I didn't go and do the reverse forecast in the last, but I was half-pissed and the tote was too far away for me to be bothered!

Ah well, after buying all my ale, my food, a night out in town and a taxi home I ended up the night even, so can't really grumble :)

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:11 pm

I got Aah gowangowan didn't bet in the fifth, lost all the other miserably.

I didnt bother with each way bets as the odds were so low. But in the end that would've more than broke me even. Instead i went home with -£15

Well done on your win/s
Stay up