Any lose change to spare?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Any lose change to spare?

Post by sluffy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Hard times at Villa -

Aston Villa's players have criticised chairman Doug Ellis -

"There've been a series of cutbacks and we feel we have to mention this because they are now starting to affect us."

"At the end of last season, the chairman refused to pay £300 for the pitches to be watered".

"Now we have lost a masseur because the club refuse to pay for one and are clubbing together to pay for our own".

"We have also heard that the physio, who was on his way to see Martin Laursen, could not claim back for a cup of coffee at the airport".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 181952.stm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 pm

And I just drew Villa in next season's sweepstake. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:36 am

I've got nothing against Villa and wouldn't wish that (Doug Ellis) on any club!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:38 am

aw bless em, how much is a cup of tea at an airport? a quid? :crazy:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:10 am

Perhaps we could nick a player off them then?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:39 am

people slag doug ellis and he is a bit of a tyrant but he's given his managers enough money to expect something from them over and above mediocrity.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Rumour is its all falst and its actually one player putting out stories on behalf of O'Really, talksport have also been mentioning this.

Would you give O'Leary more money?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:56 pm

We should move in for Angel. He's fast enough and just because he didn't fit in with Villa doesn't mean he's lost anything. Get in Sam and snap him up. Forget the old-pals act with O'Leary. Think of Bolton.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:We should move in for Angel. He's fast enough and just because he didn't fit in with Villa doesn't mean he's lost anything. Get in Sam and snap him up. Forget the old-pals act with O'Leary. Think of Bolton.
Hasn't he been completely hapless at Villa? I seriously doubt he would fit into our system either, which either calls for you to be a roving wide player willing to track back, or a workhorse centre forward also willing to track back.

I don't think there's room for any Alice bands in our forward line :)

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:03 pm

50sQuiff wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:We should move in for Angel. He's fast enough and just because he didn't fit in with Villa doesn't mean he's lost anything. Get in Sam and snap him up. Forget the old-pals act with O'Leary. Think of Bolton.
Hasn't he been completely hapless at Villa? I seriously doubt he would fit into our system either, which either calls for you to be a roving wide player willing to track back, or a workhorse centre forward also willing to track back.

I don't think there's room for any Alice bands in our forward line :)
He was very good at first for Villa and always seems to score against us. Very injury prone though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:11 am

warthog wrote:He was very good at first for Villa and always seems to score against us. Very injury prone though.
I maybe wrong but I seem to recall that he was dreadful when he first turned up. Gregory had stumped up about £9m for him and he was awful until O'Leary took over, and then thaey managed to get one good season out of him. Something like that anyway.
May the bridges I burn light your way

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:15 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
warthog wrote:He was very good at first for Villa and always seems to score against us. Very injury prone though.
I maybe wrong but I seem to recall that he was dreadful when he first turned up. Gregory had stumped up about £9m for him and he was awful until O'Leary took over, and then thaey managed to get one good season out of him. Something like that anyway.
Your recollections are correct. He was poor the first season, citing family difficulties as the cause (he returned to Colombia at one point) Season after he bagged 23 goals in 39 appearances.

Since then knee injuries have been the problem and now he's fallen down the pecking order.