The Open 2006 (The Scouse one).

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:06 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:time to get excited about monty the way tennis fans get excited about henman

go monty
and he appears to have blown it in a henman-esque manner too.
well my dads bets all missed the cut but mine (sergio and tiger - tiger i got 5-1 ffs) are still in with a shout

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:21 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:well my dads bets all missed the cut but mine (sergio and tiger - tiger i got 5-1 ffs) are still in with a shout
Well, my shout to win (Harrington) will be sat at home watching the final two days on tele, and my each-way bet (Garcia) is still in with a distant shout of moving up the order.

However, my g/f's bet (Woods, on the grounds that he's the only golfer she knows) is looking very handy at 5-1 for a win. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:32 pm

FOR GUARANTEED PROFIT, WOODS CAN BE LAYED ON BETFAIR
Sto ut Serviam

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:01 pm

I ran myself into the ground today following Tiger and I have to say it was well worth it. I was carrying a crate round with me and I saw pretty much every shot from the seventh onwards. A security bloke tried to confiscate it at one point on the grounds that 'step-ladders are banned in the rules'. I told him that unless he could produce a police warrant to seize my private property, he didn't have a chance.

Tiger's ball-striking was awesome today, but he was putting like a club golfer.

Another highlight was standing with Tiger's blonde Swedish wife, her sister/friend, and their two minders, down by the eleventh.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:41 am

Having been lucky enough to be off work Thursday and Friday (between hospital visiting and dog/pup watching, I've seen a fair amount of the golf. Nothing like the real thing for atmosphere, but the TV coverage is amazing. Great angles on shots and styles and a chance to see so many golfers in action. Tiger Woods is an amazing golfer but I do wish he wouldn't look so fxxxxxg miserable all the time. Here's a guy who has everything, Titles, wealth, fame and fortune, and a face like a slapped arse most of the time. Enjoy it man and smile occasionally. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Having been lucky enough to be off work Thursday and Friday (between hospital visiting and dog/pup watching, I've seen a fair amount of the golf. Nothing like the real thing for atmosphere, but the TV coverage is amazing. Great angles on shots and styles and a chance to see so many golfers in action. Tiger Woods is an amazing golfer but I do wish he wouldn't look so fxxxxxg miserable all the time. Here's a guy who has everything, Titles, wealth, fame and fortune, and a face like a slapped arse most of the time. Enjoy it man and smile occasionally. :)
I love Tiger. Maybe the pressure of his talent and his drive to succeed gets to him. That or the fact that his mentor and father recently passed away.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:50 am

americantrotter wrote: That or the fact that his mentor and father recently passed away.
But that was recently. He's always been a miserable sod. Like this, see --> :(

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:34 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I ran myself into the ground today following Tiger and I have to say it was well worth it. I was carrying a crate round with me and I saw pretty much every shot from the seventh onwards. A security bloke tried to confiscate it at one point on the grounds that 'step-ladders are banned in the rules'. I told him that unless he could produce a police warrant to seize my private property, he didn't have a chance.

Tiger's ball-striking was awesome today, but he was putting like a club golfer.

Another highlight was standing with Tiger's blonde Swedish wife, her sister/friend, and their two minders, down by the eleventh.
You were were probably a few feet away from me at some point 8) though I didn't see anyone with a crate. There were several step ladders about though. In fact the whole security was a farce, no bags checked on the way in so everyone had their mobile cameras out and getting just a tepid rap on the knuckles by the marshals occasionally. :|

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:46 am

Can anyone catch Tiger today???

Feelings for DiMarco and Garcia to do the chasing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:30 pm

plodder wrote:Can anyone catch Tiger today???

Feelings for DiMarco and Garcia to do the chasing.
No half measures with Tiger. He'll either walk it, or blow it spectacularly. Garcia is probably playing the best golf of anyone, but watch out for for Big Ernie. DiMarco, a very likeable guy, is experienced and capable. Anything can happen, and usually does. Wild card bet? Cabrero.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Garcia needs to get an early lead to stand a chance, his putting action isn't up to holding a lead under pressure.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:19 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Garcia needs to get an early lead to stand a chance, his putting action isn't up to holding a lead under pressure.
You're not kidding! Jeeezus. :shock:

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:36 pm

"I'm in the money!!" :mrgreen:

:pissed: Good old Tiger, I just knew he'd come good :wink: !!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:22 pm

Wow, what a weekend. Another awesome display from Tiger today. No one strikes a golf ball like he does, especially under pressure. My crate served me well again today and I didn't miss a shot. As an extra bonus, I had a contact who got me the special blue armband required to be at the side of the 18th green at the end. I was only a few feet away from Tiger and the Claret Jug at one point.

Hopefully I'll be inspired to find some devastating form for the TW Open...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:35 pm

I'm off to the driving range this week..........beware :mrgreen:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:04 am

well i got my few quid back with tiger winning. was a great day, i'd def recommend corporate to anyone :mrgreen:

had a spot watching the 7th green so saw everyone. american's who shout "in the hole" should be shot, official

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:37 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote: american's who shout "in the hole" should be shot, official
Ahh, I'm glad that it's not just me who this winds the feck out of. A guy's taking a tee shot on a par 5 and still some American bell end has to shout it. Why? I'd definitely take a pointy stick along and jab 'em in the kidneys with it. Tossers.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:46 pm

Yeay!! I've just checked and Hill's are paying out on Garcia, I thought he was one place out. £17.50 to me then please thank-you Billy Hill. :mrgreen: