Scotts

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

white blood
Promising
Promising

Scotts

Post by white blood » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:22 pm

Did anyone go in the newly refurbished horwich park inn before the spurs match? didnt notice myself but i heard its been done up and re-named Scotts? apparently they have got rid of the dining area, provided more drinking space, put sky sports on big screens and a load of extra staff behind the bar? sounds champion! certainly be checking that out on saturday!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:43 pm

I wasn't sure whether this was going to be a thread about the Chav/Terrace Casual clothes shop or our skirt-wearing, blue-skinned cousins up north.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:07 pm

Thought someone was on about porridge oats. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Tricky Trevor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Scotts is what was the American diner place. They were turning people away before the Spuds game as it was full.
The HPI is now a Harvester, with the dining area conveniently located at one end of the pub (the left). Still has a tiny bar area which is usually about 5 deep and takes a feckin eternity to get a beer!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:40 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:Scotts is what was the American diner place. They were turning people away before the Spuds game as it was full.
The HPI is now a Harvester, with the dining area conveniently located at one end of the pub (the left). Still has a tiny bar area which is usually about 5 deep and takes a feckin eternity to get a beer!
Ahhh i see. the trouble with jeffersons was always the lack of bar staff, but sounds like they have got it sorted. i thought they had changed the HPI/harvester and got rid of all that dining area, but it is still alright if you get in early enough.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:53 am

first went that scotts when we were on TV one night. guy said i couldn't reserve a table but should be fine. then he started ranting about how great the new menu is so i went down

nerw menu is half the size of the old one so only eat there if you like burgers or pizzas. but they are nice in fairness

beers are quite cheap an all

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:22 am

Scotts is really nice, i like the place.

We always go in on a monday after playing footie, and they do Coors on tap, so that's a major bonus point for them!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:24 pm

keveh wrote:Scotts is really nice, i like the place.

We always go in on a monday after playing footie, and they do Coors on tap, so that's a major bonus point for them!
I hope this is some Coors they only sell to English folk. Crap Beer, Lunatic Republican owner.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:54 pm

keveh wrote:Scotts is really nice, i like the place.

Well I hope the UK version of Coors is better than the real thing which I found rather insipid on my recent trip. Mind you I did stop drinking it years ago when the company refused to hire homosexuals and only drink it now in a pinch.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:56 pm

It's the same lager, but it must be brewed differently because it's one of my favorite lagers.

Then again, people will drink Becks and Fosters, which I personally think are the work of the devil.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:00 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Mind you I did stop drinking it years ago when the company refused to hire homosexuals and only drink it now in a pinch.

Is this some strange Canadian version of Polari, Monty? :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Zulus! Thousand of 'em! wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Mind you I did stop drinking it years ago when the company refused to hire homosexuals and only drink it now in a pinch.

Is this some strange Canadian version of Polari, Monty? :D
Not intentionally - actually I had never heard of Polari and had to look it up. :oops: I should have said I only drank Coors on my recent trip when the alternatives were Moose Drool and a Fat Tire. Coors recently 'merged' with one of Canada's bigger and oldest breweries - Molson's - but I never did like their ales either.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm

Coors Extra Gold will be what it is I now remember. A tasty beer, that they didnt produce over here properly. The American version of most things is shite, they have to Dr. it in England.

Interestingly enough Foster's tastes way better in England than here.

Monty, I like LaBatt Blue, that's about it for Canadian brews that I know.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:10 pm

americantrotter wrote:Coors Extra Gold will be what it is I now remember. A tasty beer, that they didnt produce over here properly. The American version of most things is shite, they have to Dr. it in England.

Interestingly enough Foster's tastes way better in England than here.

Monty, I like LaBatt Blue, that's about it for Canadian brews that I know.
Canadian beers are about 10% stronger than American ones. My favourite is from an Ontario microbrewery - Sleeman's and my favourite is their honey brown. Apparently I'm not alone. However, i heard recently they'd been bought by some Japanese giant - Sapporo - not good.