If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:47 am

Just bought the first season and watched it again. Didn't remember how much ass this one kicked.

Sam should put Jack Bauer at left back Image

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:04 pm

i recently re-watched 1, forgetting how good it was. i used to think it was the worst but i may be wrong. it's best thing on telly at the moment.

www.24trailer.com for some season 6 goodness ;)

can't wait!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:26 pm

I only watched 1,2 and 3. After that Spanish telly totally screwed the programming of 4 and 5 so I missed them. Worth to pick up the DVDs?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I only watched 1,2 and 3. After that Spanish telly totally screwed the programming of 4 and 5 so I missed them. Worth to pick up the DVDs?
I think so - those two might have been the best.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Moral Eclipse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Moral Eclipse » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:45 pm

I think I enjoyed the first one the best but I haven't seen it since the first time. 2004's season I didn't see all of because SKY fecked up my dish so I missed the last 8 episodes or so. If only the BBC had kept it! And I still haven't seen of all last season yet. I have the last 3 episodes on tape. Gonna have to get round to watching them before the new season starts.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:50 pm

Just bloody buy them all.

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:31 pm

I've only ever seen season 4, which I was addicted to.

Please, Superman, bring me 24 and Arrested Development DVDs!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Season 7 (or day 7) has started over here - don't know if you have it yet. Pretty good so far after four hours (two 2-hour specials) with a significant plot change. Pity Batty is no longer here since he worked at Preston CTU once.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Half way through season 1 on a box set.

I like it, its a great concept but bloody hell its so far fetched as to be ridiculous at times. Cant see me progressing to season 2 tbh.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Half way through season 1 on a box set.

I like it, its a great concept but bloody hell its so far fetched as to be ridiculous at times. Cant see me progressing to season 2 tbh.
Actually it does get better as a show, Harry, although one does have to suspend belief on occasion.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Half way through season 1 on a box set.

One of the frw shows that make me go :o watching it. It is a bit far fetched at times but it is very, very addictive.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm

See now I know it's each to their own and all that but I sat through the 1st series and could not get into it at all - strange because it ticks all the boxes of the kind of thing I like too. I've never bothered with it since. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Best show on TV for me, although series 6 became kind of a parody of itself. Hope they return to form with Series 7.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Best show on TV for me, although series 6 became kind of a parody of itself. Hope they return to form with Series 7.
Nothing like the earlier series in terms of US infrastructure - but the same old Jack.