What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:38 pm

Tori Amos - Strange Little Girls (her version of Lloyd Cole's Rattlesnakes is the the best re-take by someone of another persons song that I've ever heard).

Now listening to Pink Floyd - The Wall (Which ironically contains the finest song ever to be ruined by someone's re-take).
May the bridges I burn light your way

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote: Now listening to Pink Floyd - The Wall (Which ironically contains the finest song ever to be ruined by someone's re-take).
Go on?

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 pm

comfortably numb

:conf:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:51 pm

cowdrill wrote:comfortably numb

:conf:
I believe that to be the correst answer cowdrill :wink:

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:55 pm

ooh do i win a prize?

:)
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:59 pm

cowdrill wrote:ooh do i win a prize?

:)
Yes you get a VIP ticket to Brucie's 35 minute powerpoint discussion "Why I hate Scissor Sister's version of Comfortably Numb, How Dare They"

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:03 pm

boo!

:(

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:13 pm

It's raining hard, the wind is threatening to blow the roof off... So got a bit of Nouvelle Vague on for some Bossa Nova sunshine in my sad little life.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Tori Amos - Strange Little Girls (her version of Lloyd Cole's Rattlesnakes is the the best re-take by someone of another persons song that I've ever heard).

Now listening to Pink Floyd - The Wall (Which ironically contains the finest song ever to be ruined by someone's re-take).
Have now permanently tuned my radio to Planet Rock (digital)

They played Mother from 'The Wall' on Sunday. Apart from Tony Iommi's stories, it's a great listen.

btw I completely agree that the Scissor Sisters have murdered Comfortably Numb and have said so in another post (possibly earlier in this one) :whack:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Mood was sagging in the office so I've just cranked up Tijuana Taxi by Herb Alpert – one of those songs, like Sir Duke, which makes sadness seem impossible - followed by Easy Lover by Collins & Bailey (on request from a younger staff member who didn't have to endure it back in the day)

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:13 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Tori Amos - Strange Little Girls (her version of Lloyd Cole's Rattlesnakes is the the best re-take by someone of another persons song that I've ever heard).

They played Mother from 'The Wall' on Sunday. Apart from Tony Iommi's stories, it's a great listen.

btw I completely agree that the Scissor Sisters have murdered Comfortably Numb and have said so in another post (possibly earlier in this one) :whack:
You were telling me off Enfield, iirc, I said I wanted it as my theme tune. I didn't even know that it was a cover version :oops: I like it though :?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 pm

Gertie wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:

You were telling me off Enfield, iirc, I said I wanted it as my theme tune. I didn't even know that it was a cover version :oops: I like it though :?
That's understandable if you've never heard the original. What grates is knowing what a complete misrepresentation of the emotion and language in the lyric this remake represents.

I think I also said I like the rest of the Scissor Sisters album, but skip this track when it comes on. It is abhorrent to me.

If anyone who knows Gertie has 'The Wall', please sit her down with a nice big glass of Lambrini (or whatever) and play this masterpiece to her just once.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Mood was sagging in the office so I've just cranked up Tijuana Taxi by Herb Alpert – one of those songs, like Sir Duke, which makes sadness seem impossible - followed by Easy Lover by Collins & Bailey (on request from a younger staff member who didn't have to endure it back in the day)
Gee Gertie, Herb Alpert? You'll be claiming you remember Ray Coniff next, or even "Manuel and his music of the mountains"
:mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:25 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Gertie wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:

That's understandable if you've never heard the original. What grates is knowing what a complete misrepresentation of the emotion and language in the lyric this remake represents.

I think I also said I like the rest of the Scissor Sisters album, but skip this track when it comes on. It is abhorrent to me.

If anyone who knows Gertie has 'The Wall', please sit her down with a nice big glass of Lambrini (or whatever) and play this masterpiece to her just once.
Well I await my lesson in the real version with interest. I imagine that it may be Brucie who teaches me. I do have Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here on CD does that give me any benefit of the doubt in my poor choice of songs.

Brucie, if you are listening, can it be Pinot Grigio and not Lambrini.. ta..

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:55 pm

The Prime Of Horace Andy.

Off to see him and Lee Scratch Perry in Glasgow tomorrow night. Dubtastic!

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:59 pm

u.s. bombs

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:20 pm

You obviously havent heard this then Bruce. Theyve been playing it on Galalxy over here. Now I couldnt care less about Pink Floyd but this is awful.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/pink_floyd/news/9042

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:32 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote: You obviously havent heard this then Bruce. Theyve been playing it on Galalxy over here. Now I couldnt care less about Pink Floyd but this is awful.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/pink_floyd/news/9042
Jeezus! :shock: It bugs me all the more when some talentless nice person such as your man here just takes the song, adds the bits that he's nicked off Paul Hardcastle, holds down two keys on a polyphonic synth, lumps it together and then puts it out as 'his own work' and actually claims to be an artist.
An absolutely pointless pile o' shite.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:12 pm

Sunday and I`m bored stiff,sounds like a good excuse to put on my XTC Cd`s.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:54 pm

"Spanish Guitar Magic", a two CD album of Carlos Montoya, Andres Segovia and Paco de Lucia.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?