Fatal Stabbing today in Bradshawgate

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:I blame the 60s!
Well, you might not be far out at that. Before the Hippies drugs were something in chemists for doctors perscriptions. Even they were written in Latin and only chemists could translate them. After that every generation ripped the ass out of it a bit more till now they think out of them. Bit ironic that the sixties message was "Make love not war" and "Give peace a chance" :roll:
Different drugs for different generations and different situations, though, TD; pep-pills were around awhile afore the 60s, and there's many a composer from the first half of the last century who knew the needle. Trouble is the stuff that folk take these days doesn't have a very good effect on their intelligence, mind, psyche, call it what you will... I'm off for another beer :wink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Now that's not true, TANGO. Opium dens and absinthe have been the choice of many almost since Adam was a boy.

I will though concede that the number of available drugs and use of same has increased. Given the experience in this fair town (where fatal stabbings seem to occur with monotonous regularity) whether the incident under discussion could have been some sort of territorial (or turf) war.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Dujon wrote:Now that's not true, TANGO. Opium dens and absinthe have been the choice of many almost since Adam was a boy.

I will though concede that the number of available drugs and use of same has increased. Given the experience in this fair town (where fatal stabbings seem to occur with monotonous regularity) whether the incident under discussion could have been some sort of territorial (or turf) war.
Ah, come on now, let's keep it in proportion. We are talking UK here. I've read Sherlock Holmes, but we are talking minority and concealed usage in this country, not widespread abuse like we have today. Amongst the youth the Hippy communes were the main advocaters of weed and marijuana LSD etc, and it just grew incorporating a steadily wider field of experimentation. The fifties saw little or no drug cultures in any areas I ever came across, a primary reason being few could have afforded them had they been there. Yes, usage did exist from times back, but as I said, let's keep it in proportion.

People of my generation find it hard to believe so many kids got into glue-sniffing; it just didn't make sense. Shoving powder up your nose or injecting heroin into your body and causing addiction and health damage makes even less. That's evolution for you.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:17 am

Queen’s Park stabbing horror

A 30-YEAR-OLD man was repeatedly stabbed by a gang of masked men in Queen's Park, Bolton, yesterday afternoon.

He was left seriously injured by the attack,which involved five men.

He was driven to the Royal Bolton Hospital, bleeding from his wounds, where staff alerted the police. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.

The attack took place at around 3pm near the Chorley New Road entrance to Queen's Park. The crime scene, pictured above, was taped off for several hours.

Scene of the attack in Queen's Park

A police spokesman said: "Police in Bolton received reports from the Royal Bolton Hospital that a 30-year-old man had been admitted suffering from stab wounds.

"At about 3pm, it is believed a man had been approached by around five masked men near an entrance to Queen's Park, Bolton. The man suffered a number of stab wounds to the body, but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening."

Last night the attacked man was in a stable condition. Anyone who saw anything suspicious is asked to phone the CID at Astley Bridge on 0161 856 5740 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

http://www.thisisbolton.co.uk/display.v ... horror.php

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:20 am

Jesus.

Queens Park used to be lovely, full of druggies and crims these days.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:20 am

Batman wrote:Everywhere has its knobs, no matter how many awards a town might win.

England during the day is ace,
England at night is despicable.
OK...
sluffy wrote:A 30-YEAR-OLD man was repeatedly stabbed by a gang of masked men in Queen's Park, Bolton, yesterday afternoon. He was left seriously injured by the attack,which involved five men. He was driven to the Royal Bolton Hospital, bleeding from his wounds, where staff alerted the police. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening. The attack took place at around 3pm near the Chorley New Road entrance to Queen's Park. The crime scene, pictured above, was taped off for several hours.
Oh balls... :|

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:21 am

Everywhere has its knobs, no matter how many awards a town might win.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 am

Batman wrote:
Everywhere has its knobs, no matter how many awards a town might win.
All too true B-man, but they're coming out in the day now! :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:24 am

[quote="TANGODANCER"]
Just about sums it up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:29 am

A fracas at night probably wouldn't have been planned. Five men attacking one and wearing masks-hoods (in broad daylight ffs) obviously was. What a wonderful world we live in today. Parks used to be oasis's of pleasure in built up areas where you could safely take your kids, walk your dog or just enjoy the scenery. Not any more.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:36 am

And what is Batman doing while all this is going on? Fxcking around on the Smackdowns!! :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:38 am

I'm on the sick

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 am

Batman wrote:I'm on the sick
Batman is "never" sick. Gothham City would collapse in ruins. :mrgreen:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:13 am

Preston looks like it already has....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am

but planned against the individual or a gang that just decide they'd attack someone, anyone? That's the problem these days, planned random attacks.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:26 am

communistworkethic wrote:but planned against the individual or a gang that just decide they'd attack someone, anyone? That's the problem these days, planned random attacks.
Yes, I agree. Sort of "happy slapping" gone mad. Happy stabbings? Has the world gone that mad?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:58 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:but planned against the individual or a gang that just decide they'd attack someone, anyone? That's the problem these days, planned random attacks.
Yes, I agree. Sort of "happy slapping" gone mad. Happy stabbings? Has the world gone that mad?
Nothing surprises me these days.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Nothing surprises me these days.
BOO!!!!!

Did that work?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Nothing surprises me these days.
BOO!!!!!

Did that work?
:roll:
Of course not.....Nothing surprises me these days. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:41 pm

Dujon wrote:Now that's not true, TANGO. Opium dens and absinthe have been the choice of many almost since Adam was a boy.

twas a turf war, and it seems there will be harsh reprisals. stabbing today is unconnected, and the guy stabbed to death a couple of days ago, was shot the year before in a similar arguement.
Stay up