Kramer goes Krazy

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Kramer goes Krazy

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:07 pm

ex-Seinfeld star Michael Richards is presumably no relation to near-namesake Micah Richards, given his recent racial tirade at a couple of black hecklers...

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramers-r ... t-on-tape/ (and many a YouTube)

...the hecklers are suing.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:19 pm

yeah read about this

daft thing to do on both sides really

heard richards has given a grovelling apology since

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:21 pm

James B wrote:heard richards has given a grovelling apology since
Adjectives I've seen tend more towards "shallow", "unconvincing", that sort of thing. Almost certainly career death.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:25 pm

The hecklers are suing? :roll:

Really the States have a surplus of lawyer population.
Barça fan that loves a team in white :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:28 pm

Village Idiot wrote:The hecklers are suing? :roll:

They won't be suing because he had a blast back at them; that's life. He'll get deservedly sued for unacceptable racial insult.
Man must be a real plonker.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

They won't be suing because he had a blast back at them; that's life. He'll get deservedly sued for unacceptable racial insult.
Racism is a disgraceful think, but taking somebody to court because of a slur? Lawyer cash-grab.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Racism is a disgraceful think, but taking somebody to court because of a slur? Lawyer cash-grab.
What Richards said was unacceptable; it wasn't even funny, which might JUST have excused it.
But I think there's something very modern about a heckler suing for the reaction to his abuse.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
James B wrote:heard richards has given a grovelling apology since
Adjectives I've seen tend more towards "shallow", "unconvincing", that sort of thing. Almost certainly career death.
His career was over waaay before then! :mrgreen:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm

depending on who you believe, he earned $1500 for every word he spoke on seinfeld ..

"seinfeld then nothing" , 'that'll do me. dickheads ! ' ..

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:09 pm

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:47 pm

I love Seinfeld, I love Michael Richards. I hope he comes through this, he is a genuinely funny bloke with a gift for physical comedy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:31 pm

Batman wrote:I love Seinfeld, I love Michael Richards. I hope he comes through this, he is a genuinely funny bloke with a gift for physical comedy.
Not sure how he'll get through it without pleading insanity. No argument about who said what with an audience involved as witnesses. He's got problems grand style.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Batman wrote:I love Seinfeld, I love Michael Richards. I hope he comes through this, he is a genuinely funny bloke with a gift for physical comedy.
Not sure how he'll get through it without pleading insanity. No argument about who said what with an audience involved as witnesses. He's got problems grand style.
Get through what exactly? I don't think any criminal case is being made against him. If he is being sued by an the audience member, this would be a civil suit. If a black heckler drove him to say rash and stupid things I'm not sure there would be much of a case for damages - perhaps a refund of the ticket price! Such a suit could be considered vexacious and there could be a counter-suit. I doubt it is even career death tbh. I would think, however, if he is going to continue with stand up comedy he needs to undergo serious counselling.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:03 pm

Well, we can't really say much about kicking racism out of football when an entertainer can shout "Nigger" at a black person from the stage, can we? Why can a high-profile footballer cause world-wide outrage if he spouts a racist remark, yet a stage personality have it just brushed away? Can't have it both ways without being hypocritical.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Well, we can't really say much about kicking racism out of football when an entertainer can shout "Nigger" at a black person from the stage, can we? Why can a high-profile footballer cause world-wide outrage if he spouts a racist remark, yet a stage personality have it just brushed away? Can't have it both ways without being hypocritical.
Sorry, Tango, I wasn't sure what you expected him to get through without pleading insanity (insanity being a defence in criminal actions but not, as far as I know, in civil suits). We certainly can't condone Richards behaviour - and I'm not sure that he was 'sane' at that particular moment. However, there won't be a criminal case (at least I don't think there will) so no insanity defence.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:17 pm

But we're not jailing footballers for racist remarks. Their private employers (clubs and FA) fine them and don't allow to take part in their privately organized competitions. That's the kind of self-regulation that society should engage when combating this kind of racism. Richards will probably see his name blacklisted from most comedy clubs, and probably won't be hired for another TV series, but the law of the land should not step on what ultimately is "just" an insult.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Village Idiot wrote:But we're not jailing footballers for racist remarks. Their private employers (clubs and FA) fine them and don't allow to take part in their privately organized competitions. That's the kind of self-regulation that society should engage when combating this kind of racism. Richards will probably see his name blacklisted from most comedy clubs, and probably won't be hired for another TV series, but the law of the land should not step on what ultimately is "just" an insult.
That's about right - except I doubt he will utlimately be blackballed from clubs. Probably become an even greater celebrity. TV, with its dependence on advertising may be a little more leery.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:23 pm

I still love him.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 pm

If the hecklers win this civil case, I'm going to sue anyone who calls me a Mackem bastard.

I reckon I'll get 3 bags of pork scratchings. Nice.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Hoolio wrote:If the hecklers win this civil case, I'm going to sue anyone who calls me a Mackem bastard.

I reckon I'll get 3 bags of pork scratchings. Nice.
Poor Lee Clark.