Doherty convicted AGAIN

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:07 pm

cowdrill wrote:vile peice of crap

let him rot in a ditch somewhere

oh and the libertines and babyshambles are f***g w*nk
What has he ever done wrong? He chooses to take drugs....he can afford them so where is the problem? Pete is a really nice lad (I've met him several times) and also extremely talented. The Libertines were fecking brilliant! Babyshambles are pretty good 'n' all (not as good as Dirty Pretty Things though :mrgreen: )
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:08 pm

Libertines first album was ace, but the rest, and Babyshambles output is piss poor.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Batman wrote:Libertines first album was ace, but the rest, and Babyshambles output is piss poor.
The second album actually really grows on ya after a bit....although I agree it's not a patch on the first one. And even Babyshambles have their moments

Free the T-W two!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Have given them a go, but can't get into it.

Though these days I just follow HRG and listen to his cast offs.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:16 pm

Batman wrote:Have given them a go, but can't get into it.

Though these days I just follow HRG and listen to his cast offs.
Listen to some Dirty Pretty Things, Carl Barat's (Libertines guitarist) new band. They're bloody good! Their album reminds me of 'up the bracket' which has gotta be a good thing!

Free the T-W two!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:18 pm

I just put Vertigo on. Good stuff.

I like their music, but as people, both Barat and Doherty are utter c*nts.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm

Batman wrote:I just put Vertigo on. Good stuff.

I like their music, but as people, both Barat and Doherty are utter c*nts.
Typical southerners really

Free the T-W two!

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:21 pm

keveh wrote:Who cares if it's for "art" or not, he's still holding a needle which is in a girls arm.

Don't get me wrong, I know he isn't the only person in the country who does drugs, and he's certainly not the only celebrity who does them.

But when you've been caught several times it's about time the law actually stepped in and stamped their authoriy on him. After all, look at that quote from a 16 year old girl for christ sake. He may not think it, or give a shit about it, but there are people who look towards him as a role model.

You said that it would help if the press just left him alone, what better way to do that than lock him up for a year.
The law HAS "stamped their authority" on him. He was fined 700 and odd pounds, and he's spent time in prison in the past.

I'd rather have young people looking up to someone with a soul and a bit of integrity, junkie or not, than looking up to people like Jade Goody and Calum Best.
You also seem to have this pre-conception that people who take drugs are terrible people.

So, people who get a lot of undeserving press attention should be locked up? Nice logic there.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:24 pm

Lennon wrote: The law HAS "stamped their authority" on him. He was fined 700 and odd pounds, and he's spent time in prison in the past.

I'd rather have young people looking up to someone with a soul and a bit of integrity, junkie or not, than looking up to people like Jade Goody and Calum Best.
You also seem to have this pre-conception that people who take drugs are terrible people.

So, people who get a lot of undeserving press attention should be locked up? Nice logic there.
Well said that man! :pray:

Free the T-W two!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Where does Doherty get his 'soul and integrity' from?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:28 pm

Lennon wrote:The law HAS "stamped their authority" on him. He was fined 700 and odd pounds, and he's spent time in prison in the past.

In my opinion they haven't stamped hard enough, he is a repeat offender and should be dealt with more harshly than a fine that he could pay by scraping his pocket change together.

I'd rather that people didn't look up to him, or anybody like Jade Goody. His case reminds me of Diouf, a lot of people look up to him and he acts disgracefully. People are always saying that Diouf is a nice guy, but that's not what kids see when he's spitting in peoples faces and diving all over the field. Diouf is good at what he does, as is Doherty, but they both need to think about their actions a hell of a lot more than they do.

And don't be silly, course people who get too much press attention shouldn't be locked up, unless they break the law time after time. Oh, hang on :roll:

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:31 pm

Batman wrote:Where does Doherty get his 'soul and integrity' from?
I don't know. It must be in his genes.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:33 pm

Bollocks, if you don't mind me saying.

If he had soul and integrity he would never have gone near drugs in the first place.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:36 pm

keveh wrote:In my opinion they haven't stamped hard enough, he is a repeat offender and should be dealt with more harshly than a fine that he could pay by scraping his pocket change together.
Your opinion on how the law should work matters not one jot.
Thankfully, we have courts judging people rather than people who believe everything they read in The Sun.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Batman wrote:Bollocks, if you don't mind me saying.

If he had soul and integrity he would never have gone near drugs in the first place.
So, none of the most iconic artists from the last 50 years have had any integrity? Because I guarantee you, the vast majority of them took drugs.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Stick on this issue pal.

Doherty, as he stands, will struggle to see 30, never mind write an epic all consuming classic album.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:53 pm

Batman wrote:Stick on this issue pal.

Doherty, as he stands, will struggle to see 30, never mind write an epic all consuming classic album.
Let's suppose you're right - what has that got to do with anything? Does reaching 30 automatically mean you've achieved more than someone who dies in their 20's?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Lennon wrote:
keveh wrote:In my opinion they haven't stamped hard enough, he is a repeat offender and should be dealt with more harshly than a fine that he could pay by scraping his pocket change together.
Your opinion on how the law should work matters not one jot.
Thankfully, we have courts judging people rather than people who believe everything they read in The Sun.
Thankfully I don't read The Sun and can form opinions of my own.

He obviously has a serious problem, and the law should be doing something to help him out.

Giving him fines that he can easily pay is not going to help, he needs to be sent away to a place that people can keep an eye on him and help him kick his addiction.

Is he your brother or something, you seem to be defending him quite strongly.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm

I was referring to the self-destructive streak in him.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:59 pm

why the feck is his face brown ?