he's went and quite literally posted..

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:23 pm

thebish wrote: "The ref has give it" is NOT right.. "The ref has given it" would be...

neither is "the crowd has woke up" correct - "the crowd has woken up" would be...

which school did you go to? re you o drugs??

Phil :wink:
now do that 'extra letter in bold' thing with the everton chelsea one-

This fixture has a reputation for being a physical contest rather than a football showpiece.
There's been eight red cards in the last 11 meetings between the two sides.

give is present tense , given is past tense ...

the word "has" makes it past tense already "he has give it" is correct

has got = gotten .
has give = given .

americans do the +n thing more than 'english people' ... english people put 'has' before , and that commentator did that - "the ref's give it" ..

your corrections are applying 'past tense' to the sentences twice "he has given it" .... not as many people do that...

theyre both right , or more importantly weren't wrong in the first place, which was my point ... youre nitpicking at something thats not wrong , so you look like a incorrect smartarse ...

which school did you go to ? are you O drugs ?

a1

PS , is Schadenfreude a type of cabbage? is irony a type of metal?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:16 pm

a1 wrote:

has got = gotten .
has give = given .

americans do the +n thing more than 'english people' ... english people put 'has' before , and that commentator did that - "the ref's give it" ..

your corrections are applying 'past tense' to the sentences twice "he has given it" .... not as many people do that...

theyre both right , or more importantly weren't wrong in the first place, which was my point ... youre nitpicking at something thats not wrong , so you look like a incorrect smartarse ...
I hate to support the bish but I am afraid it is you who are wrong, a1.
Give is indeed the present but the past is "gave" not "given" - "given" is a participle and could be future as well as past - for example, "The FA Cup will be given to Kevin Nolan, Bolton's captain, next May if we are lucky." In "he has given..." it is a past participle.

"Gotten" is either archaic or American - take your pick - but simply adding an "n" does not make anything an acceptable past tense - even to words beginning with g and ending with e - even in America.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: I hate to support the bish but I am afraid it is you who are wrong, a1.
Give is indeed the present but the past is "gave" not "given" - "given" is a participle and could be future as well as past - for example, "The FA Cup will be given to Kevin Nolan, Bolton's captain, next May if we are lucky."

"Gotten" is either archaic or American - take your pick - but simply adding an "n" does not make anything an acceptable past tense - even to words beginning with g and ending with e - even in America.
whatever... commentator's quote to me seemed right - it is ... theres a million ways it was wrong if you start changing the context , i dont know the difference between your explanation and mine, but i'm not bothered about it enough to get a thread going on trivial shit knowing full well it could bite me in the arse later on.. thats why i mentioned achiles heels .. colemanballs are miles better coz theyre just funny....

people dont talk the same... i hear people say 'her' when they mean 'she' all the time eg, "her has gone to the shop" thats fecked up grammar wise , i cant explain why , but its wrong... accents play on incorrect grammar all the time ...

i werent* being clever , just oberserving that people being clever might get beat with the same stick later on ... the point was lost - maybe because i offered examples ... i knew they'd get picked with , bizarrely proving my point more ...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:13 pm

He's give it is just someones accent

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Not being pedantic or band-wagon jumping but: to state whether something has been "allowed" it this case, a penalty, the person stating it must know from something that happened before he can say it as a statement. In other words, it already happened so it's "past", if only by seconds. "He's give it" is heard quite often, but it's only lazy English. I have twice used lazy English in this short post by writing "it's" instead of "it is".
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not being pedantic or band-wagon jumping but: to state whether something has been "allowed" it this case, a penalty, the person stating it must know from something that happened before he can say it as a statement. In other words, it already happened so it's "past", if only by seconds. "He's give it" is heard quite often, but it's only lazy English. I have twice used lazy English in this short post by writing "it's" instead of "it is".
:shock:
"It's" is a peferectly acceptable contraction. If "he's give it" is heard quite often then it must be dialect - it certainly isn'r proper English. Use of contractions may be lazy (I disagree there btw) but this is different from English that is simply incorrect as is the oft heard "we was...".
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:13 pm

daxter15 wrote:He's give it is just someones accent
What is it that you're hoping to do for a living, again? Please, remind me! :lol:

The beauty of you having posted that, within this particular thread, is quite delicious!
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:30 pm

anyroad....

the thing i hate about commentators , is how theyre all indicisive turncoats ...

"rubbish team have got to battle hard today , but good team will win by 5"

rubbish team go 1 up

"theyre doing really well to be in front , football is awesome coz its unpredictable "

good team put 2 away and win

"you could just tell that good team would win today , i said so and they did , i'm great"

andy gray is the worst in the world at this sort of thing...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
What is it that you're hoping to do for a living, again? Please, remind me! :lol:

The beauty of you having posted that, within this particular thread, is quite delicious!
So by me making a few posts that have nothing wrong with them, you take delight in pointing fun and being a stupid prick? Sorry my posts dont live up to your high standards. Now feck off you objectionable dickhead.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Not being pedantic or band-wagon jumping but: to state whether something has been "allowed" it this case, a penalty, the person stating it must know from something that happened before he can say it as a statement. In other words, it already happened so it's "past", if only by seconds. "He's give it" is heard quite often, but it's only lazy English. I have twice used lazy English in this short post by writing "it's" instead of "it is".
:shock:
"It's" is a peferectly acceptable contraction. If "he's give it" is heard quite often then it must be dialect - it certainly isn'r proper English. Use of contractions may be lazy (I disagree there btw) but this is different from English that is simply incorrect as is the oft heard "we was...".
Is that a Canadianism Monty? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:10 pm

daxter15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

So by me making a few posts that have nothing wrong with them, you take delight in pointing fun and being a stupid prick? Sorry my posts dont live up to your high standards. Now feck off you objectionable dickhead.
Not called for Daxter. If you can't laugh at yourself, or understand when someone is joshing you, you won't get very far in any trade or occupation. Only thing objectionable there is your reply mate. Way out of order.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:19 pm

So what is funny, i don't get it. Thats on two seperate threads he has made inappropiate comments that aren't funny just annoying.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 pm

daxter15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

It gets better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear. Please stop. My sides can't take any more.

"Nothing wrong with them"!!!! Haaaaaaaahahahahah :lol: :lol:

That's right, Daxter. There's nothing wrong at all. You crack on with your journalistic career.

Please do. I'll buy a copy of your every published article/ :lol: :lol:

Oh, dear. This is unbelievable, it really is! :lol :lol:

There's only one "stupid prick" on this forum, Sunshine, and that's you.

No-one needs take the piss as you just give it away so freely.

:lol: :lol: :lol: A career in writing? Oh for feck's sake :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: I hate to support the bish
Why? what did I do? :wink:

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
daxter15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

It gets better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear. Please stop. My sides can't take any more.

"Nothing wrong with them"!!!! Haaaaaaaahahahahah :lol: :lol:

That's right, Daxter. There's nothing wrong at all. You crack on with your journalistic career.

Please do. I'll buy a copy of your every published article/ :lol: :lol:

Oh, dear. This is unbelievable, it really is! :lol :lol:

There's only one "stupid prick" on this forum, Sunshine, and that's you.

No-one needs take the piss as you just give it away so freely.

:lol: :lol: :lol: A career in writing? Oh for feck's sake :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quot

There is a rather glaring mistake in your use of punctuality there. And also the two 'words i have highlighted' are not actually words.

But anyway, I will apoligise for my explicit language. It was not needed.

However my writing on a casual forum like this where i do not expect to be under such scrutiny does not affect any ability I may have as a writer.

But you be mature, and keep up with your 'mickey taking'.

Many thanks.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 pm

daxter15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

The thing is Dax, is that there IS something wrong them. Just in that last one I could throw in a couple of commas, a "that" and an apostrophe.

But aside from that, "he's just give it.." is not "just someones accent" (have you spotted the error in that one yet?). Accents are vocalised, they revolve around enunciation and how words are pronounced. In this particular example, it could be suggested that it may be a dialect issue or it being some sort of "commentator patois". Them being Geordie, Scouser or Brummie would not thange them using it, one could speak perfect "Queen's English" with a dreadful Bootle accent.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:45 pm

daxter15 wrote:
There is a rather glaring mistake in your use of punctuality there. And also the two 'words i have highlighted' are not actually words.

However my writing on a casual forum like this where i do not expect to be under such scrutiny does not affect any ability I may have as a writer.

Many thanks.
That's me being an "objectionable dickhead", Daxter.

You might now wish to look at your own contribution to discussions with people that spend the time and money to go to games, spending the very same allowance within their own budgets that you allocate elsewhere!
You have no such input. Do I tell you that you should blindly enjoy every film you see at the cinema? No.
How dare you tell me how I should feel about following a team that you couldn't be arsed with beyond a free internet feed, you objectionable little tw*t.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm staggered by your responses A1...
There's been eight red cards in the last 11 meetings between the two sides.
that is plainly wrong - it should be "There have been eight red cards" or if you want a contraction "There've been"

that's true - well done!
that's manifestly bollox
has got = gotten .
has give = given .
likewise - utter bollox
your corrections are applying 'past tense' to the sentences twice "he has given it"
no they aren't - that's just how English works!
theyre both right , or more importantly weren't wrong in the first place,
no they're not - and no they weren't.
but i'm not bothered about it enough to get a thread going on trivial shit knowing full well it could bite me in the arse later on..
..which rather begs the question why you chose to wade in at all... The topic is only a small part of the Forum - and I have explained what it is for at the beginning. If it doesn't interest you, then don't read it - there's plenty of other interesting material here to occupy you. I'm staggered that anyone could make such a stand in support of such obviously bad/mangled English, and in the process get it so spectacularly wrong...

It seems it has spread much further than I had feared...

ho hum...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:48 pm

Bing bang
Last edited by Daxter on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
daxter15 wrote:

Many thanks.
That's me being an "objectionable dickhead", Daxter.

You might now wish to look at your own contribution to discussions with people that spend the time and money to go to games, spending the very same allowance within their own budgets that you allocate elsewhere!
You have no such input. Do I tell you that you should blindly enjoy every film you see at the cinema? No.
How dare you tell me how I should feel about following a team that you couldn't be arsed with beyond a free internet feed, you objectionable little tw*t.
Once again i apoligised. I haven't once said how you should feel about the team you pay to follow. I do not live in Bolton so I can not attend games. I do however have a part time job which i use to pay for sky sports and for any prem plus games we have. Not as much as you fork out but it's all realtive in terms of my income to the income you probably earn.

Anyway thats besides the point, you felt the need to randomly pick apart my grammar and then mock me because i wanted to be a Sports Journalist. I got angry and responded. So where is the problem?