Opposition songs you simply loathe...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Which song do you hate the most

Blue Moon - Citeh
No votes
You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool
11%
U-N-I-T-E-D
25%
Blowing Bubbles - Wham
54%
That's Why We're the Champions - short memory chelsea fans
11%

Total votes: 28

hughesy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hughesy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:01 pm

Lennon wrote:Don't know if it's specific to Blackburn, but I've not heard anyone else singing it: "GEDDIN TO EM! FÚCK EM UP!"

Stupid inbred dingles.

yes Knobheads get in to em shut the feck up! see what i did there? :D
Andy walker yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees that man Andy Andy. what a man what a scotsman

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:59 pm

blurred wrote:Oh, and can I add anyone that sings 'Eas-eh, Eas-eh' in the Soccer AM style? It's f*cking atrocious, as is 'Who are yer?' and 'You're not singing anymore', particularly the latter from a home crowd who have yet to make a peep all bloody game, yet now their side have pulled it back/gone in front feel the need to make out like they have a large penis. No, you just are one. And yes, I hate it when Liverpool crowds do these sorts of things, too - Bordeaux at home being one example.
I could swear I read somewhere that up until the '23 FA cup final it was more likely to be Bolton fans singing 'Bubbles' than West Ham. Anyone? :conf:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:20 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
blurred wrote:Oh, and can I add anyone that sings 'Eas-eh, Eas-eh' in the Soccer AM style? It's f*cking atrocious, as is 'Who are yer?' and 'You're not singing anymore', particularly the latter from a home crowd who have yet to make a peep all bloody game, yet now their side have pulled it back/gone in front feel the need to make out like they have a large penis. No, you just are one. And yes, I hate it when Liverpool crowds do these sorts of things, too - Bordeaux at home being one example.
I could swear I read somewhere that up until the '23 FA cup final it was more likely to be Bolton fans singing 'Bubbles' than West Ham. Anyone? :conf:
Bolton fans wouldn't have a great deal of time to do so with this American ditty, copyrighted in 1919 and coming to the UK in the early 1920s. However, it was a hit song and any groups might have sung it.
The song also became a hit with the public in British music halls and theatres during the early 1920s. Dorothy Ward was especially renowned for making the song famous with her appearances at these venues. The song was also used by English comedian "Professor" Jimmy Edwards as his signature tune - played on the trombone.

The song is now better known as the club anthem of West Ham United, who currently play in the English Premier League. It was adopted by supporters in the late 1920s and was mainly sung about their young gifted player called Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray, so called because of his distinct and almost uncanny resemblance to the boy in the famous painting by Millais entitled "Bubbles". The song stuck with the fans when "Bubbles" made it to, and stayed in the first team for many years.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:35 pm

And they all used to blow him? :shock:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:42 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:I could swear I read somewhere that up until the '23 FA cup final it was more likely to be Bolton fans singing 'Bubbles' than West Ham. Anyone? :conf:
Don't know about Bubbles, but many songs that are now associated with one particular team were once sung by many. My dad recalls Ipswich regularly singing what is now Birmingham City's signature tune of 'keep right on till the end of the road' or whatever the exact title is.

And I tell you that when St Andrews is in full cry with that number, there are fewer louder grounds in the country, strange as it may sound. The acoustics on the two big stands there are remarkable.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Zulus! Thousand of 'em! wrote:And they all used to blow him? :shock:
One hopes not. The boy of painting fame was used on bars of Pear's Soap, which was probably as close as those East Enders ever got to art appreciation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Tricky Trevor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Not so much a song, as a truly feckin annoying chant from Scum fans.

'Argen - tina'

Now that one really pisses me off! :roll: