The best things from 2006

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:18 pm

Eat's his vitamins and says his prays :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:23 pm

Helps old ladies cross the street. :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:26 pm

americantrotter wrote:Helps old ladies cross the street. :D
best thing about 2006 will be going into Boston gardens tomorrow and keeping our streak alive :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 pm

Well if you plan on playing Hockey at the Gardens the pond isnt frozen yet. :mrgreen:

Better watch out Monty. We won 2-0 last night in Boltonian fashion.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 pm

americantrotter wrote:Well if you plan on playing Hockey at the Gardens the pond isnt frozen yet. :mrgreen:

Better watch out Monty. We won 2-0 last night in Boltonian fashion.
Fleet Center is it? I still say the Montreal Forum now and then. :oops: Yep, we are both on a roll so it should be good.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:10 pm

Well it was the Fleet Center. it is now the TD BankNorth Garden. (people here had finally started calling it the Fleet Center when they got the new name) I was only picking on you for the plural form of the word! 8)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:20 pm

americantrotter wrote:Well it was the Fleet Center. it is now the TD BankNorth Garden. (people here had finally started calling it the Fleet Center when they got the new name) I was only picking on you for the plural form of the word! 8)
Didn't notice - yes, I know it is singular unlike MSG and the former Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:No particular order:

My uncle (Wanderers season ticket holder) beating his cancer

Making the Cambridge Blues Golf team

Getting a scholarship for a year in Utrecht

Almost getting on the Question Time panel and watching it being filmed

Winning the use of an apartment on a golf course in Tenerife for a week in a raffle

Elected President of my College Law Society

Winning a trip to Paris in a quiz with Jeffery Archer as quizmaster

Lecturing my old school on F.E. Smith, Lord Birkenhead

Watching Tiger Woods win the Open on the Wirral

Watching the Sound of Music at the Palladium this week :D

Roll on 2007 and a Champions League place :pissed:
One you'll be glad to see the back of then?! :shock:
Well, yes, it has been a good year, all things considered.

There have been low points, of course, but then Gertie didn't ask about them. :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:02 pm

Crayons wrote:Watching the Sound of Music at the Palladium this week
Gawd! I truly hope that Margo Leadbetter wasn't playing Maria. :wink:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:32 pm

Dujon wrote:
Crayons wrote:Watching the Sound of Music at the Palladium this week
Gawd! I truly hope that Margo Leadbetter wasn't playing Maria. :wink:
I have no idea who Margo Leadbetter is, but no, she wasn't!

The role was filled by Connie Fisher, the winner of a sort of reality TV competition screened by the BBC called "How do you solve a problem like Maria?". In the end, it turned out to be a pretty effective way of casting the part, and it won't have done the box office takings for the production any harm either.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Sorry, Crayons, I didn't mean to be obtuse. 'Margo Leadbetter' was played by Penelope Keith in the series 'The Good Life'. In one episode she was playing Maria in her local music society's production of 'The Sound of Music' - naturally it was a disaster, hence my comment. :oops:

Apart from that hiccup it seems you had an extraordinarily good year. Well done; may it continue in 2007.

Nothing special here. About the only things of note were birthdays - my wife's No. 60, my daughter's No. 30 and my granddaugter's 6th (I think - it's so hard to keep up these days, doncha know).

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:51 pm

It's been a good a year, on the whole:

I became editor of a Bolton fanzine, fulfilling a boyhead dream held since I first read TnT as a wide-eyed youth.

I moved to London and got a real job in the real world after a couple of years kicking around doing my own thing.

I got round to asking that American chick for drinks last summer - we're now moving in together in Spring :)

I've also been working on a football betting system. The season so far:

“Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity” - Tacitus

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:29 pm

Getting undeserved 2:1 average in my second year at Uni.

Getting a decent placement year in London, even if it is for the widely-resided British Telecom.

Survived London's east end so far.

Muse gig in Manchester was excellent.

Saw us win a game for about the first time in 20 attempts (yesterday)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:09 pm

I recieved my fifth medal this year for long service (you recieve it for serving over fifteen years, and not getting into any serious trouble. Or in my case, caught!!) that was a very proud moment for me.

Writing my first novel (a spell check struggle for the hardest of minds! :mrgreen: )

Getting posted out of fxcking Wiltshire!!!!

Watching Bolton play Portsmouth away (will live in my memory until the day I snuff it!!)
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Mainly growing hair where previously there was none.........

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:56 pm

Watching my daughter's face when she was swimming with dolphins last week - priceless!

(Also watching the dolphins face when it realised that it had to swim with me!!! :oops: )

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:00 pm

Oi sluffy

I'm going to Florida in April and the missus wants to go to that Discovery Cove thing to swim with them. I don't see the fuss, and it's a dear do - was it worth it?

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Batman wrote:Oi sluffy

I'm going to Florida in April and the missus wants to go to that Discovery Cove thing to swim with them. I don't see the fuss, and it's a dear do - was it worth it?
In my personal opinion its over rated. You can actually get as close to the dolphins and stroke them at feeding time at Sea World for only 5 dollars (about £2.50) as you can at Discovery Cove. The biggest difference is that you are not able to be pulled along in the water by one of the dolphins - but this only lasts for about 20 secs anyway.

However it was easily the highlight of my 10 year old daughters holiday - she loved all things Disney but it is the swimming with dolphins that she talks about first to anyone.

Also when you do swim with dolphins you just have to buy the pictures / DVD that they take of you - so that can cost you another 100 dollars (£50)

If I had gone to Discovery Cove without my daughter I would have thought that the swimming with dolphin and snorkelling with tropical fish and feeding some exotic birds (which are really the only other things you can do there - was vastly over priced). However I don't begrudge a cent of what I spent because of the joy my daughter got out of the day.

I took my daughter to Clearwater (Tampa) which is less than a two hour drive away - and went on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico to go dolphin 'watching' (20 dollars for me and 14 for my girl) which I personally found a great deal more enjoyable.

I would suggest if your Mrs really wants to go then its probably best to just do it and forget about the money. But if she can be persuaded to meet the dolphins up close at Sea World with a day or two at the beach at Clearwater going dolphin 'watching' you would get far better value for money.

Will be happy to try and answer any other question anyone has on Discovery / Sea World / Disney / Busch / Clearwater, etc

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:42 pm

Go to Key West! Best place to Holiday in America. A Carribean vacation where they take US dollars and speak English.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:06 pm

sluffy wrote:Watching my daughter's face when she was swimming with dolphins last week - priceless!
What? You lobbed her in? :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way