Should/Will Britain invade Iran?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:08 pm

My mates son has just come back from Afghanistan minus his fingers.

Not seen it on the news yet.
Military hospital in Birmingham is full to overflowing with soldiers who have lost various parts of their anatomy.

The only time you see anything on the news is when there are fatalities, the poor sods who are being crippled for life are never mentioned.

Yes the God Dam U.S of A are chomping at the bit to go in and blow Iran off the map.
I fail to see how that makes US a Superpower. :roll:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:15 pm

There isn't a military hospital in Birmingham

In fact, there are no military hospitals in this country (nearly)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do

In Birmingham, theres a ward in Sell Oak

Now, whether thats got 4 beds, 20 beds or 3000 beds, I dunno, but I think you need to refrain from using such emotive language as 'hospital is overflowing'

And, by the way, soldiers get injured/maimed/killed

It's in the job spec

As for the superpower bit, if you can't see that being well in with the nation that can't wait to 'steam in' makes us a superpower in all but name, i'll let you have that point

You'll not be reet, but you'll be happy in your little world
Sto ut Serviam

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:58 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:There isn't a military hospital in Birmingham

Now, whether thats got 4 beds, 20 beds or 3000 beds, I dunno, but I think you need to refrain from using such emotive language as 'hospital is overflowing'

It's in the job spec

As for the superpower bit, if you can't see that being well in with the nation that can't wait to 'steam in' makes us a superpower in all but name, i'll let you have that point

Hang on mate, you don't know anything about him, or his friend. Taking into consideration the bollox that abounds the net, sometimes we should just read and not comment.

oh and BTW; UN mandate or not....what is the Royal Navly doing in the gulf (Persian) ....where is teh rest of the world?
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:03 pm

I don't need to know anything about him or his friend

I've not intentionally posted owt personal

If you think I have, then I'd better make clear I didn't intend too
Sto ut Serviam

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:32 pm

There's only 1 world super power: The USA.

If we invade Iran - expect a similar situation to Iraq. Insurgents & suicide bombers.

Knowing this, we will invade using airpower (bomb shit out of em) and special forces combined. Thus, avoiding guerrilla warfare - the only warfare that has defeated super powers before.

Iran is a very strong nation in itself. It has an army 1 million strong, complete with cheap equipment bought off Russia. However these weapons are very effective against aircraft and tanks - what the allies have in abundance.

Point being, if war was going to happen it would be stupid to go in on foot like Iraq. Expect USA's love for air power to prevail.

Personally I don't think it'll happen. Our forces are stretched in Iraq and Afgahnistan.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:43 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:There isn't a military hospital in Birmingham

There had better be, I'm booked in for an operation there next month! :shock:

Been on google have we? John Racliffe, St Margrets, Frimley, Northaliton, Cattrick to name but a few. You may have been mistaken due to the fact that most military hospitals are now 'wings' of civilian hospitals.

I'll think you will find those wings are! Three boys from my regiment came back on Friday from Afgan. They had only been there five days. One if seriously injured. Seen it on the news have you? Have you feck!

The same can be said for any conflict we have been in for the last 16 years. You may hear of maybe 5% of the casualties due to those goverment endorsed commitments.

It's in the job spec

Cheers, I'll pass that on!! :roll: . The question that should be asked is are these soldiers getting injured/maimed/killed as you so casualy put it for the right reasons?

Before we all 'steam in'! Consider this, we now have 70% of our British forces commited to Afgan/Iraq and now the clean up job in Bosnia. Not to mention forces needed in Kosovo, Northern Ireland and Sierra Leone.

Everyone ready?

CHARRRRRGE!!!!

I really wanted to stay away from this bugger too!! :?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:02 pm

If they're under control of the NHS, then they're not military hospitals, so the inference theres a number of military hospitals around the country with folk lying in the car parks could be misleading

It suggested as much to me, anyway

As for whether they're there for the right reasons, well thats not for me to decide

And right reasons or not, it doesn't make living with an arm missing any easier

As for putting it casually, well maybe I did

I get fed up with relatives - in the main - of servicemen whinging that little Johnny is only 18 and shouldn't be being put in danger, when he could just as well be getting a tan in Cyprus, or learning a trade in Belize

AND

I've never once suggested we should enter into war with Iran :evil:
Sto ut Serviam

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Watch BBC2 now for an opinion on the US side of things.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:28 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:If they're under control of the NHS, then they're not military hospitals, so the inference theres a number of military hospitals around the country with folk lying in the car parks could be misleading

It suggested as much to me, anyway

As for whether they're there for the right reasons, well thats not for me to decide

And right reasons or not, it doesn't make living with an arm missing any easier

As for putting it casually, well maybe I did

I get fed up with relatives - in the main - of servicemen whinging that little Johnny is only 18 and shouldn't be being put in danger, when he could just as well be getting a tan in Cyprus, or learning a trade in Belize

AND

I can understand that CAPS, relatives always have a habit of saying that about there kin.
Maybe not, but the last time I checked, a British citizen had the right to voice his opinion.
My last statement was not directed to a comment of yours, but the general thinking of 'get them out! Even if it means we send in the boys'.

Military force is way way off at the minute. It's still in the power of the desk jockeys.
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:51 pm

Iran is just acting like a naughty little schoolboy looking for attention

they will just have their fun for a few more days

then they'll get bored and let them go

last weeks chip paper
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

No shxt Sherlock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by No shxt Sherlock » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:55 pm

It would be a bad idea if we went in to Iran because we are stretched as it is with us in Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Bosina, Falkland Island, Iraq and Afgan. The super power you call it (USA) would get gun hoe crazy and alot of our boys would be done in with friendly fire so if we can stay away then good.
Come on the mighty Wanderers

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:08 pm

I'd just like to point out, at this moment, that I never meant for this thread to start an arguement. It was meant to be a poor fishing attempt. We should not be going to war. I'm a c*nt.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

No shxt Sherlock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by No shxt Sherlock » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:21 pm

No your not, I just think alot of people have their own views on this touchy subject.
Come on the mighty Wanderers

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't know about SOTWA seems he's just sticking his nose in.

I mean how does this affect him?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:23 pm

bigsam wrote:No your not, I just think alot of people have their own views on this touchy subject.
Hey!

If Hoolio wants to be a cxnt, then we should both support, and respect his wishes!!!

Freedom of speach and all that! :mrgreen:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Hmm, down with this sort of thing! Booo!
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:14 am

I am posting on here using the information given to me by my mate whos son is in a hospital bed in BIRMINGHAM

Where are you getting your information from ???????????????????

This hospital has a ward that is given over to the military, I dont know the name of it.

The first sight that greeted him on arrival was a poor sod who had both legs and one arm lost.

Play your silly games of bomb the feck out of them if you must.

I assume that neither you or anyone you know would be put at risk by such a move.

Its not often that I get wound up by anything posted on this website but as I have said before I speake from experience where
as you talk out of your @rse
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:32 pm

davroduk wrote:I am posting on here using the information given to me by my mate whos son is in a hospital bed in BIRMINGHAM

Where are you getting your information from ???????????????????

This hospital has a ward that is given over to the military, I dont know the name of it.

The first sight that greeted him on arrival was a poor sod who had both legs and one arm lost.

Play your silly games of bomb the feck out of them if you must.

I assume that neither you or anyone you know would be put at risk by such a move.

Its not often that I get wound up by anything posted on this website but as I have said before I speake from experience where
as you talk out of your @rse
The 'military hospital' is a part of the NHS hospital in Selly Oak - thanks for agreeing with that

'Bomb the feck out of them' wouldn't be clever - thanks again for agreeing with me

My mums godson has just completed his training as a para, so, on this occasion, you're wrong

Seems that your experience and my arse are about as good as each other

Doesn't say much for your experience, really

Now, calm down, and read what is posted instead of what you want it to say
Sto ut Serviam

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Ok so I wrote "experience" when I should have wrote "first hand (no pun intended) information."

That was posted when I was full to overflowing with Carlsberg. :pissed:

As for reading what is posted on here, most of it isnt worth reading.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:03 pm

Bearing in mind the last lot of captivees were 400 plus days in captivity I don't feel too optimistic. Nothing to be done but wait. Military intervention would be very costly indeed. Bet Cherie Blair will volunteer to counsel the Iranians on the grounds their civil liberties have been violated. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.