Jobsworths.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I DO NOT BELIEEEEEVVVE IT

Wife's just shown me a leaflet that arrived today........from the council.

Seems, in addition to a grey wheelie bin, a pale green wheelie bin and a forest green bottle box, I am now eligible for a (now get this) "burgundy" recycling wheelie bin. It seems my bottle box might not be big enough so I'm getting big-brother bottle bin. Now sort this one out!: I can put glass bottles and jars in there, and beer and wine bottles, but not pyrex and drinking glasses or window glass. I am just dicomknockerated.

Oh, and before friend Lennon jumps in with derision, I'm not spitting teeth, I'm pxxxxxg myself laughing. :mrgreen:
You need a recycling bin for burgundy bottles? - Thought you were more of a beer man... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:17 am

Oh, and before friend Lennon jumps in with derision, I'm not spitting teeth, I'm pxxxxxg myself laughing. :mrgreen:
Maybe you could fill up some of those bottles out of the recycling bin, and sell them as a new sour variety of Tango drink.

:wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 am

Lennon wrote:
Maybe you could fill up some of those bottles out of the recycling bin, and sell them as a new sour variety of Tango drink.
:wink:
With a picture of Victor Meldrew on the front maybe? :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 am

When we moved into our house the back yard was like a jungle. I called the council and asked if they'd removed our bushes. They said yes, I said that there were a lot of them but they said ti'd be no problem.

So I started ripping them up and when they were all done called the nice people back and said right come and get 'em.

The next day I called the council and asked why they'd not picked up the bushes. They said it was because the lads were running late and didn't have time but they would be up today.

The day after I called them to see why they'd not picked up the bushes.

I was told that the van had broken down but they would be up today.

Ah ha I had them. The van had not broken down as Barbara saw them come up our road, slow down, take one look at the Amazonian rain forest on our lawn and drive on.

When I finally got through to Mr Cuntface himself I told him that if they had said to me at the time I'd have sorted out the bushes myself. I'm an adult and was not going to burst into tears if they said 'no' to me.

He said that the reason they'd not been lifted was 'because they were TOO bushy.' I said 'they're BUSHES what were you expecting? The clue's in the name.'

Wangers.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:00 pm

For all those of you who have posted your stories of council incompetency, might I just take a minute to thank you for your council tax payments which have just granted me a paltry 3% wage increase. Mind you, I'd also like to thank you for the pay regrade and the rather handsome increment that has this month come my way. Trust me, Im worth every penny :D

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:For all those of you who have posted your stories of council incompetency, might I just take a minute to thank you for your council tax payments which have just granted me a paltry 3% wage increase. Mind you, I'd also like to thank you for the pay regrade and the rather handsome increment that has this month come my way. Trust me, Im worth every penny :D
Don't you pay Council Tax as well? Therefore, haven't you just contributed to your own pay rise?
Smarties have answers.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Bench wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:For all those of you who have posted your stories of council incompetency, might I just take a minute to thank you for your council tax payments which have just granted me a paltry 3% wage increase. Mind you, I'd also like to thank you for the pay regrade and the rather handsome increment that has this month come my way. Trust me, Im worth every penny :D
Don't you pay Council Tax as well? Therefore, haven't you just contributed to your own pay rise?
Just so long as you keep your longer than usual holidays, shorter than usual hours, higher than usual sickness levels and your earlier than usual retirement on your higher than usual pension then I'd keep your head down BB.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:50 pm

The final insult: The new "maroon" wheelie bins are the exact same colour as Bolton's away strip. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT! :evil:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The final insult: The new "maroon" wheelie bins are the exact same colour as Bolton's away strip. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT! :evil:
No Elephants though right? :D

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:06 pm

How 'green' is the manufacturing process of making all these plastic wheelie bins?

I'd just chuck the stuff on the bankings and let the wind do the rest.

tc
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:28 pm

americantrotter wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:The final insult: The new "maroon" wheelie bins are the exact same colour as Bolton's away strip. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT! :evil:
No Elephants though right? :D
There's a rumour about that the police are looking for Warthog. Aparently the elephants were last seen in the back of a pickup truck heading for London. They had all been re-painted claret and blue. :P

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:16 pm

Don't you pay Council Tax as well? Therefore, haven't you just contributed to your own pay rise?[/quote]
Just so long as you keep your longer than usual holidays, shorter than usual hours, higher than usual sickness levels and your earlier than usual retirement on your higher than usual pension then I'd keep your head down BB.[/quote]

Im more than happy to contribute my council tax knowing that it's going to such a fabulous cause. Head is down and brow furrowed as I try to think of something I can do workwise before 5pm ( well ok, 4.56 Ill be putting the coat on and after 4.48 no-one answers a telephone..)