Bored of Football

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Bored of Football

Post by Raven » Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Yep I'm now disinterested in football, even cancelled Sky last week (ok at the end of the season so it does not really mean much, but it won't be renewed), tired of the cheating, influence of money, 2/3 horse race to win anything, the FA's obsession with money, the FA not doing anything about what is wrong with the game (diving is easy to stamp out), certain managers and teams thinking the league should be run just for themselves, the silly managers bickering and mind games, lack of tackling etc.

Tiddley winks anyone? :)

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue May 08, 2007 12:21 pm

After a summer of no footy you'll be desperate for its return.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue May 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Doubt it, can't remember when I last sat down and watched a match, any match, even that Sky thing, Football Plus?

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Tue May 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Raven wrote:Doubt it, can't remember when I last sat down and watched a match, any match, even that Sky thing, Football Plus?
What are you doing on a football forum then?

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Tue May 08, 2007 2:57 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:After a summer of no footy you'll be desperate for its return.
I am gutted there is no world cup on this summer, last year was amazing, I loved it - finish work and watching the matches with a few drinks on an evening. :D

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bored of Football

Post by warthog » Tue May 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Raven wrote:Yep I'm now disinterested in football, even cancelled Sky last week (ok at the end of the season so it does not really mean much, but it won't be renewed), tired of the cheating, influence of money, 2/3 horse race to win anything, the FA's obsession with money, the FA not doing anything about what is wrong with the game (diving is easy to stamp out), certain managers and teams thinking the league should be run just for themselves, the silly managers bickering and mind games, lack of tackling etc.

All points taken. I still enjoy the game, but the things you mention are driving people away.

You might like to try non-league football. I spent last night at Clitheroe FC watching our reserves. The pitch is sloping, the stands are tin huts and the changing rooms, clubhouse and refreshment areas are little more than portakabins. The chairman has just rescued the place from liquidation, is nuts about football and takes absolutely no money out of the club. Great fun and a million miles from the overpaid primadonnas that populate the Premiership.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Bored of Football

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue May 08, 2007 3:14 pm

Raven wrote:Yep I'm now disinterested in football, even cancelled Sky last week (ok at the end of the season so it does not really mean much, but it won't be renewed), tired of the cheating, influence of money, 2/3 horse race to win anything, the FA's obsession with money, the FA not doing anything about what is wrong with the game (diving is easy to stamp out), certain managers and teams thinking the league should be run just for themselves, the silly managers bickering and mind games, lack of tackling etc.

As previously suggested, give non-league a go - it's impossible not to get involved once you've been to a game or two. Certainly feels better to have your support appreciated instead of being just another 'customer' (though having said that, I'll always be a Wanderers fan and get to games whenever they don't clash with RMI)
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Tue May 08, 2007 7:37 pm

Seriously considering going to watch Leigh RMI myself, cos the Prem etc has lost its appeal.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue May 08, 2007 7:38 pm

if your a true wanderer you wont get bored watching them no matter what league - through shit times and bad

its in the blood :mrgreen:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:32 pm

cowdrill wrote:if your a true wanderer you wont get bored watching them no matter what league - through shit times and bad

its in the blood :mrgreen:
Agreed :)

btw, I've cancelled Sky loads of times. Always get it back. Football is not as enjoyable as it once was but I still can't live without it.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat May 12, 2007 7:42 pm

Canceled Sky yesterday.

The guy I spoke to couldnt believe that I didnt want a free Sky Plus box.

I tried to explain that the only reason for having Sky was the Football, so it didnt matter how fancy the feckin box was, if I wasnt going to watch football there was no point having it. :roll:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS